Role Madness Mafia Game - Mafia Win

Nemamiah
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Role Madness Mafia Game - Day 1

Postby Nemamiah » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:48 am

I agree that lynching day 1 is vital, especially in this set-up.

Mad Scientist is the role that we really really don't want the mafia to have, as that essentially adds up to a double kill every night. Let's just hope it didn't go that way...

I was a little bit suspicious of Sixtyten as well, in particular for the way he jumped on the Cerberus bandwagon. However, on the basis that he's currently voted no lynch (BAD!) I'll Vote: Unitled for now.
Will dance for Laurie Points
unitled
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby unitled » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:29 am

"If all your ice is positional, none of your ice is positional" - Anon.
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:33 am

Vote: Unvote, if only to prove that I don't hold a grudge. ;)
elvortel

Postby elvortel » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:53 am

Obviously, I disagree with the 'we should target the people lower on the list' idea, but at the same time I'm not sure what a better reason would be to lynch at this point. Sixtyten has been giving silly reasons to lynch so far, but who knows?

Also, not to defend Tim or anything, but he is apparently having a super busy week IRL, which would explain his quietness.
New corp deck - 49 snares.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:55 am

MOON MONEY!
Tim the Enchanter

Postby Tim the Enchanter » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:23 pm

Yes, my apologies for not posting much. As they say been super busy, and there is no need to lynch me as the constant meetings with estate agents and mortgage advisors will soon have a similar affect.

I realise this is more or less exactly the reverse of what I said earlier and I feel really bad saying it because he often gets hit early, but is it possible the right move at this point is to lynch Guy? He's claimed to be vanilla, but as pointed out it tells us nothing about alignment. If he's mafia we hit mafia which is great, but if he's town he is at least the lowest value person for us? I really don't know about this game. I agree with Nem that the mad scientist being a mafia is just a total disaster, but i don't really see how we can try and target a role for death. With the scientist, normal mafia kills and possible 2 arsonists (surely at least one) this could be a really bloody night.
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:47 pm

I'm really struggling to keep pace with the game, so I may be out of date as I've not read everything up to date. That said I think I'm going to vote: unitled, he kicked off a lot of stuff and has been very carefree about it. Really just a guy feel.
unitled

Postby unitled » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:14 pm

unitled

Postby unitled » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:28 pm

I've misunderstood NRY about no votes/no lynches, sorry. I should have been going Vote: Unvote as I'm happy to lynch someone, just not sure who yet.
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:28 pm

Dammit, I thought I told you that not voting was ba.....What? I haven't actually cast a vote yet? Er....

I have no problem with people not voting while they work out who they're actually suspicious of, and that's the position I'm in. I'm strictly against people proposing that we don't lynch anyone at all today, which is why I voted for you first time round.

(For reference, I think you can differentiate between these two states by using Vote: Unvote for when you merely want to stop voting for someone, and using Vote: No Lynch for when you're proposing that the town lynch nobody during the day).
MouseChan

Postby MouseChan » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:30 pm

Guy(0): [Mendax], [Sixtyten]
Mendax(1): [Elvortel], Guy
Cerberus(1): [Untiled], [Chimpster], Tim, [Mendax], [SixtyTen]
Just_Rob(1): Joey
No Lynch(0): [Untiled], [Unitiled]
SxityTen(1): MartinP
Unilled(1): [Nemamiah], Cerberus
Tim(1): [Unilled]

7 to lynch
Social Media guru for Netrunners.co.uk

Legenadry girl hacker with awesome hair

2x Bradford SC 1x Leeds SC winner
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:51 pm

OK so so far I have accumulated quite a lot of people quite happy to lynch me.

Mendax - A wild early swing sure, but also more than happy to pile onto Cerberus

Sixtyten - Did it "for the lolz" to use their own term, which is perhaps true, but are we quite sure that if the lynch guy train had left the station they would have jumped back and gone "hold on guys.... just kidding" ?

Tim the Enchanter - Believes I am vanilla, and thus telling the truth but believes I might be mafia in any case. This seems an odd call to me - mafia types try to befuddle and confuse and keep things as murky as possible.

Personally I think each of them make viable lynch targets. I think that in among them we will find at least 1 mafia, if not two.

If I HAD to go for the gut I'd probably go on Sixtyten. They look most like the person who has tried to jump onto bandwagons, which is always a good way to ensure a good town lynch.

So I will go with

Vote: Sixtyten

At this stage people seem to suggest that all we have to go on is early behaviour. That makes sense to me. What behaviour do we look for? To me, bandwagonning is a tell.

Granted this all might be an elaborate bluff on my part - Sixtyten might be hard done by, the mafia might not be giving us any tells etc. This is all possible.

But if someone wants to come to Sixtyten's defence I'd be interested to hear what other behaviour we should go from.

To counter the "we should lynch Guy because he's not important" argument I'd say this - I may have no powers but I think it is fair to say I have demonstrated very townie. If I were observing as notme I would agree that I don't seem like mafia and my gut would say "Guy is not mafia". It is fine to go with the gut sometimes - it is fine to say "he's revealing information and helping the town, therefore let's give him a pass" . Theoretically, yes, we are all equally likely to be mafia but if we're just going on "equal chance" then we might as well just roll dice every round to see who we lynch and find out if we won or not in around 10 minutes.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Joey

Postby Joey » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:08 pm

Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:04 pm

It's a wierd feeling, but Guy is reading as strongly town to me.

I also agree with the Sixtyten analysis, so let's Vote: Sixtyten and see what happens
Joey

Postby Joey » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:14 pm

Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:26 pm

Alright Mr Pernickety, what I meant was strongly reading as town.
mendax

Postby mendax » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:29 pm

I have absolutely no idea who's mafia, but vote: Sixtyten should get us some tasty information at least.
just_rob

Postby just_rob » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:33 pm

Ok, I am agreeing witht he logic of the day 1 Lynch. I think we do need to gain more information. For the reason that there has only been 1 post form him in the whole thread I will vote:Double If he is town then we lose the least so far as we are currently not gaining information or furthering the discussion from him. I realise that this is against SixtyTen, however he has posted frequently and also bid low on the Priority and so is less likely to have a role compared to Double.
just_rob

Postby just_rob » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:49 pm

Vote:Double

It doesnt seem to be giving me bold text......
DoubleAitch

Postby DoubleAitch » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:00 pm

Don't worry just_rob, the Bold is showing up.

Although I did wonder if "Vote:Double", "Vote:Double" is a so-obvious-it-can't-be-true reveal as (or pretend to be) the double voter.

As an aside: how does the Double Voter mechanic work? Do they vote once and the tally just increments by 2? Doesn't this make them instantly obvious? Am I missing something?

Anyway, back to the reply I wanted to post as some form of defence/excuse.

I find Day 1's as a Townie quite difficult, the combination of wild speculation, random voting and wonky logic just makes a noisy mess that is difficult for me to process until later once some real info is gained. I don't like to post unless I have something substantial to add or suggest. However I do check in regularly to digest the posts and try to develop my own theories. I don't like to instantly lay out every thought I have because a) they begin as weak hunches that could easily be wrong and b) if they are correct I'm tipping off the scum early so they can modify their behaviour before the tells accumulate.

I know this does place me at the quieter end of the posting spectrum where scum can often linger and may even be deemed harmful to the town by some people. Unfortunately other than me just making some garbage posts that further add to all the noise I don't have a solution. I understand if this isn't enough justification, if I have to take a noose for the team then so be it, I would expect a Scum or two in the bandwagon so hopefully it would not be in vain.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:37 pm

Ok, happy to throw a vote Sixtyten's way as at least there's some logic to his nomination. It's good that all players are active from day 1, even if it makes this lynch far harder.

Vote: Sixtyten

Just to let people know that I'm travelling to Disneyland tomorrow so my posts will be a little sporadic, will still be able to do some posting once I'm there though though a little more infrequently :p
MouseChan

Postby MouseChan » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:44 pm

Guy(0): [Mendax], [Sixtyten]
Mendax(0): [Elvortel], [Guy]
Cerberus(1): [Untiled], [Chimpster], Tim, [Mendax], [SixtyTen]
Just_Rob(0): [Joey]
No Lynch(0): [Untiled], [Unitiled]
SixtyTen(5): MartinP, Guy, Nem, Joey, Chimp
Unilled(1): [Nemamiah], Cerberus
Tim(1): [Unilled]
Double (1): Just_rob

7 to lynch
Social Media guru for Netrunners.co.uk

Legenadry girl hacker with awesome hair

2x Bradford SC 1x Leeds SC winner
just_rob

Postby just_rob » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:59 pm

Glad to see a response Double!

Always good to know someone is still following the conversations and I understand your point about watching and commenting when needed rather than just commenting.

And sadly no I was not revealing myself as a double voter - I was merely trying to make sure that it showed up correctly in the text. Although I would be interested to know how the double voter mechanic will work. Does it mean we could end up on 6 votes for someone and 1 a double and the person is killed? if so then Sixty is in a precarious position.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:13 pm

Wow. An evening up with Cerberus and martin in gloucester and I nearly end up dead...

Time to reveal my useless information.

I am a village aligned vanilla player. I went for the doppleganger role as I thought it would be a strong one to try and get info on Joey or one of the first pickers.

Feel free to lynch me as I am otherwise useless apart from voting for lynching and to help the town win. I'll leave it up to you and won't bear a grudge as it's day one. I'm mainly disappointed I didn't get a role. Should have picked the bloody tree stump :(
MOON MONEY!
Joey

Postby Joey » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:40 am

Hmmm, unfortunately revealing makes you no more likely or less likely to be mafia. Also if you were lying for some reason (don't know why you would) then that is a very safe reveal as we already know doppelganger was taken...

Anyway I still believe you to be as likely mafia as everyone else. Still leaving my vote there though - sorry.

Still a few needed so chances are it won't get over the line

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”