[Cheltenham] Cheltenham Netrunners on the road!

Bournemouth, Bristol, Cheltenham, Cornwall, Exeter, Gloucester, Plymouth, Poole

Moderators: Cerberus, Sixtyten, Nemamiah, BagOfHolding, Cenedra, Len

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
kelnage
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[Cheltenham] Cheltenham Netrunners on the road!

Postby kelnage » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:33 am

We're off to Worcester for their monthly Netrunner tournament. Five in the car, with the current reining champion leading the pack and the runner up driving us down. Pics coming soon!
Chimpster
Site Admin

Re: Cheltenham Netrunners on the road!

Postby Chimpster » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:56 pm

Having to sit and watch the X-Factor with the Mrs in penance now. Enough to make a grown man cry :cry:
kelnage

Postby kelnage » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:40 am

kelnage

Postby kelnage » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:53 am

As promised, some pictures!

Dave P vs Dave J in a friendly game.

Si doing his usual Jinteki stuff :)

The final begins and Dave H checks his opening hand of their first game...

Early on in the final game, Dave H is 3-1 up and R&D is still undefended! :D
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:20 am

Good pictures mate, twas a great day albiet a touch long at over 7 hours :)

Videos will be on their way soon, had a bried look at them this morning and resolution is a little lower than I hoped, but you can make everything out, it may be that the focus wasn't quite right. Live and learn though, will definitely try it again.

Gonna start adding commentary tracks to them today though and upload them as I go, bear with me :)
Underworld

Postby Underworld » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:30 pm

Great pics! You can see my "gutted I missed the train and have to wait two more hours" face in the third one! Mrs J was very understanding, and I still managed to get back in time for the ball thankfully!
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:50 pm

Glad your Mrs isn't burning me in effigy :)
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:33 pm

Righty, first video up - quality is pretty damn awful sadly but have a look - tell me what you think.

Gonna have to work on a better recording solution - not sure if the settings were wrong or whether the camera is just crap.

Will post up an article on the site with all videos once I've finished a few more...

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm7J9aX829N1ODZcMso6oOw

It's a little depressing that Nick's handheld phone recording came out clear as a bell while mine is as murky as the depths of the ocean! Nevermind, gonna figure out something better for next time out. I'll still upload what I have with commentary so that it's clear what's going on (as mud).
Retrorockit

Postby Retrorockit » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:00 pm

"usual Jinteki stuff"? If you look closely you'll see three ice on a remote server - that's not usual for me! :)

I think I actually got up to four in one game!

Was a fun - if rather long! - day. Great to have such a good turnout, especially as we only had six last time.

My Jinteki deck didn't lose a game all day until the elimination (when, yes, it got "trashed" thanks largely to a Femme'd Tollbooth on HQ and three or four Account Siphons!). Sadly two of the games were only one-point wins due to running out of time. Going for agenda wins rather than the flatline worked pretty well though - this time I was able to be a bit less concerned when I saw all the Deus Exs and Public Sympathies :P

The Professor did as well as everyone predicted, winning just one of three in Swiss - though I was one agenda away from making it two from three (a three-card and four-card Medium dig on consecutive turns unfortunately failing to find the winner).

So I'll be retiring the Prof and trying out a Noise deck between now and the next tourney!
Retrorockit

Postby Retrorockit » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:19 pm

Just watched the vid and really enjoyed it - great job on the commentary!
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:23 pm

Another one up at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4lCtp7oFn8

Quality is just as horrific :P

Figured out it's the camera rather than any settings. My fault for not testing it properly before I came! Shame, it fit on my tripod so nicely!
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:27 pm

I had to buy my wife take away because I was home so late... Though I was shattered after I got back, as the last few hours were pretty tense / crazy for me...

Just sent Chimpster my tournament report so hopefully you'll see that make an appearance soon, though, I'll be honest and say my brain was fried by the end of the day and I'm sure I got some detail wrong...

Still 3 of the top four positions... sort of...
Retrorockit

Postby Retrorockit » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:40 pm

Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:20 pm

Yeah I can mute it completely, if it makes it clearer I may do that for future ones. Do like the general hubbub though, makes the tornie sound as busy as it was. May see if I can try and quiet it down a bit.
kelnage

Postby kelnage » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:52 pm

Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:01 am

And the report is up! Thanks again Dave, cracking stuff mate.
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:09 pm

No problem, I will put together an article on something soon as well.
Retrorockit

Postby Retrorockit » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:23 pm

Return to “South West”