[Gloucester] Wednesday Night Netrunner

Bournemouth, Bristol, Cheltenham, Cornwall, Exeter, Gloucester, Plymouth, Poole

Moderators: Cerberus, Sixtyten, Nemamiah, BagOfHolding, Cenedra, Len

Cerberus
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[Gloucester] Wednesday Night Netrunner

Postby Cerberus » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:37 pm

I thought it was worth us having a regular topic set up to discuss attendance on Wednesday nights, as well as deck testing and how it went.

Also, it is likely somewhere we can discuss any changes to venues and evenings, I know Nick... oh wait, now I have to use forum names, Kelnage???... has already been collecting data on this so I'll leave any discussion on that to him.

This is what I was thinking of testing, thoughts?

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com

Identity:

Total Cards: (46)

Event: (23)
x3
x2
x3
x2
x3
x3
x2
x3
x2 ■■■■

Hardware: (8)
x2
x2
x3
x1

Program: (12)
x1
x1
x3
x2 ■
x2
x2
x1

Resource: (3)
x3

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 0
Criminal: 10
Shaper: 76
Chimpster
Site Admin

Re: Wednesday Night Netrunner

Postby Chimpster » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:26 pm

Was thinking of building a Kit deck as well. Looking at a yogasaurus type deck with some personal touches and tutors. May bring something along on wednesday along those lines, may change before then (a distinct possibility).

If you femme a piece of ICE and then run against it, does it become code gate (first encountered) or does the next piece become code gate?
Retrorockit
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Retrorockit » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:33 pm

Not sure I'm qualified to comment as your deckbuilding skills are far superior to mine :) but I'm going to ask some questions anyway to start the discussion and get an idea of your thinking, which I always find interesting. So here goes:

Am I missing something or are you relying only on Mopus and Account Siphon for econ? No Sure Gambles even? As you know, my Prof deck uses Mopus for its main source of econ but I've really appreciated the backup from Pro Contacts, Sure Gamble and Workshop. Thinking about it, I guess Test Run/Scavenge is a sort of econ as you won't be paying full price for those expensive programs.

Is Crypsis in for a specific purpose? Reason I ask is that I was considering adding it to my Prof deck before the tourney on Saturday but left it out figuring that as I had dedicated breakers I didn't need it.
kelnage

Postby kelnage » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:02 pm

Just as an FYI, I won't be at the Royal Union this Wednesday, got other things planned I'm afraid. On the topic of changing venues, I don't have that much useful to put in - so far I've not found anywhere in a more accessible part of Cheltenham that's suitable. Tuesday generally seems like the best night though.

As for the deck, I note a severe lack of Public Sympathy... :o I do think that Test Run/Scavenge is effectively econ - but it does require the combo to be there - one without the other leaves you stuck. Modded helps too though.

I really like the Account Siphons though - I'm guessing you get them to rez one piece of Ice then keep them poor so they can't rez any more?
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:46 pm

Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:01 pm

I'm in the middle of building a crazy corp deck for wednesday, nice to be playing around with something different after a month of Jinteki (not knocking it mind!).

Short on runner ideas though, thinking maybe a full throated noise mill deck, having too much fun with my corp deck though atm :p
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:04 am

I will be at the Royal Union tonight, anyone else planning on joining me?
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:13 am

Yep, though I may not get there till just after 7:30 as normal.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:12 pm

May not be be able to make this Wednesday, an assignment is due the same evening and to say I'm behind on it is an understatement. Hopefully I'll get on top of it tomorrow but I'm a little concerned!
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:13 pm

Get your priorities sorted... ;)
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:59 pm

Yeah, I'm a grand 0 words into a 2000 word portfolio with England v Germany on the telly Tuesday, my eldest boy has a birthday on friday and a party on saturday and I then have another assignment due Monday. Stressful week.

Having said that, I still hope to make Netrunner on Wednesday, always the optimist ;)
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:31 pm

Who is coming tonight then?
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:04 pm

Still in the uni library working on this damn essay. Looking increasingly unlikely that I'm going to make it. Next week for sure though.
kelnage

Postby kelnage » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:34 pm

I'll be there. I think James will be too.
kelnage

Postby kelnage » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:40 pm

IMPORTANT UPDATE

Due to several factors, we're going to be moving the weekly Wednesday night Netrunner from the Royal Union to the Gloucester Games Bunker, which meets at the Gloucester Deaf Association, Colin Rd, Gloucester GL4 3JL. It's £2.50 for the night and there's free parking. They're very happy to host us and have even gone so far as to suggest possibly running some tournaments in the future.

The Saturday Morning Netrunner will remain at Proud Lion for the foreseeable future.
Retrorockit

Postby Retrorockit » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:47 pm

Just want to add that it's 6:30 until 9:30 at the Games Bunker. I'll typically be getting there just before 7.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:37 am

May not be able to attend on the Wednesday for the next few weeks, but as soon as the semester finishes, my late night wednesday lecture is no more. There will be much rejoicing.
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:08 pm

Since I don't drive I won't be able to get there. I'm a little confused by the choice of venue on a Wednesday, as this was the day we knew Dave couldn't do...
Did I miss something?
kelnage

Postby kelnage » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:43 pm

Sadly the Games Bunker only meets on Wednesday. So far, we've not been able to find a venue that would be suitable on a Tuesday.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:08 am

No problem. Next one I can attend will be the 18th of Dec (I think). Obviously the following week is Christmas and the following one after that is New Years day so I imagine those will be no go's for everyone :) Jan onwards should be cool apart from the 15th when I'm on holiday.

Probably more detail than you all needed but I thought I'd be thorough!
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:38 am

Okay, so shall we continue to use the Royal Union until we move over to Gloucester?
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:05 am

Sounds good mate, either that or we can meet at mine - I'm assuming it'll probably only be us two anyway and the Mrs won't mind (she'll just stick on crap TV :P).
Retrorockit

Postby Retrorockit » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:12 pm

I'll be at the Bunker this week and next, but can't make the 11th. I will be there on the 18th though, so hopefully see you guys there then.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:21 am

Will finally have my essays done on tuesday so it's guilt free netrunner time!

So probably going to offer to host at mine this week, have room for 3 more little ones on Wednesday, probably starting around 8pm (so I have time to stick the kids in bed).

Anyone about on Wednesday?
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:46 am

I will make the 10 minute walk to you... Its a hard life...

Return to “South West”