Leela Post-mortem

Chimpster
Site Admin

Leela Post-mortem

Postby Chimpster » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:08 pm

Site Article: http://netrunners.co.uk/articles/leela% ... ortem.html

Two of (if not the) experts on criminal, El-ad and David Hoyland have been on the blower to each other to discuss their experiences with running Leela at worlds 2015. They also have a natter about the post worlds meta, where Criminal go from here and whether Mumbad toys will make a significant impact on the future of blue.

Do you think Mumbad will make a difference to blue? What have your post worlds experiences been like?
Brendan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Leela Post-mortem

Postby Brendan » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:31 am

This is a pretty cool discussion.

I think the 'big code gates' problem has been one that has been steadily growing. Archangel was a real kick in the teeth for me. With it only costing four, all in-faction solutions seems absurd and in a faction with no card draw, non-icebreaker out-of-faction solutions seem impossible.

Criminal rigs are an absolute mess right now. Anarchs and Shapers have a ton of functional breakers to fall back on, whatever ice is presented to them. But just as Anarchs had the Caissa crippling their card pool during Spin, Criminals have had the B&E suite crippling their card pool during the last two cycles. This might eventually turn out functional for Geist, but right now it's tied up all their breaker design space.

I'd also add that Criminal have have a notable lack of 'glue' cards. Inject, I've Had Worse, and Street Peddler have brought speed and consistency to Anarchs. Criminals remain stuck with, as the best of a terrible bunch, Express Delivery (Mr Li, Rolodex... is there even anything else?).

Successful runners pack tons of ice destruction, powerful R&D multi-access, and robust icebreaker suites. With none of that in-faction, it's hardly a wonder Criminal decks feel stressed.
Pete

Postby Pete » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:37 pm

Good article, it's given me stuff to think about.

Any thoughts on the suggested Leela deck post the NAPD Most Wanted List? Desperado seems a keeper even at a cost of 3 Influence.
#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
Cerberus
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Cerberus » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:54 pm

Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:34 pm

ronharristwo

Postby ronharristwo » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:43 am

NAPD Most Wanted Leela Waltz 1.0

Events:
3 Account Siphon
3 Dirty Laundry
2 Inside Job
3 Special Order
3 Sure Gamble
1 Legwork

Hardware:
3 Desperado
2 R&D Interface
2 Plascrete Carapace

Resources:
3 Daily Casts
2 Symmetrical Visage
2 Bank Job
2 Security Testing
3 Kati Jones

Icebreakers:
1 Atman
2 Corroder
3 Faerie
1 Femme Fatale
1 Mimic
1 Passport

Program:
2 Sneakdoor Beta

3/3 LAPD MW Influence
12/12 Influence

I hate to trim the R&D interface, but to handle the icebreaker suite and Desperado influence I had no choice. My version features 2 bank jobs as I am still finding it very strong against any deck not named Foodcoats (I can usually get it off against them too). I don't have Peacock because I find it inefficient but it leaves me with using Femme or Atman for problem code gates on the scoring server. I find myself winning more games with R&D/HQ pressure as it gets later anyhow and Passport is way more efficient. What I don't like right now is Symmetrical Visage, but John Masanori is not viable in the current meta. I wonder if Drug Dealer might not be the answer, but I haven't play tested it. I wonder about cutting to 1 Sneakdoor Beta, as I don't want to see it early, and I feel like I could be through enough cards in my stack to have it when I really need it in the late game.

Thoughts?
Last edited by ronharristwo on Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Go Team Venture!
ronharristwo

Postby ronharristwo » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:01 am

Go Team Venture!
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:49 am

No one likes Peacock but spending Influence on Zu which isn't great in the current meta seems bad, however I still think it's worth the deck slot so you aren't reliant on Femme or Atman.

I went down to 1 Corroder and kept the 3 R&DI adding a breach. It's also worth considering the importance of Atman if there is less Eli around.

Generally looks solid but I've not done enough testing to see if it's viable. I am worried it's glacier match is improved but at the cost to its NEH match, which will still be common.
cwoac

Postby cwoac » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:09 am

Although the damage is done; it was interesting to hear that the reason for the rash of recent high strength code gates being that yog meant that corps wouldn't run low strength gates. Well except enigma, but that is too good a gear check not to.
ronharristwo

Postby ronharristwo » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:48 am

Last edited by ronharristwo on Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go Team Venture!
cwoac

Postby cwoac » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:16 pm

ronharristwo

Postby ronharristwo » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:26 pm

Go Team Venture!
ronharristwo

Postby ronharristwo » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:03 am

Dave 8 games of testing drug dealer, cutting visage and I really like it. I think you should consider it in your playtesting. I cut the corridor for the breach, and while inefficient it got the job done pretty well.
Go Team Venture!
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:15 am

Test drug dealer, got it. As a 2 of?

Also, don't worry about program trashing, batty and program trashing is really uncommon.
Johno

Postby Johno » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:20 am

Swiftie

Postby Swiftie » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:28 pm

If you don't like my ID, just shake it off.
Rotage

Postby Rotage » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:38 pm

Aldershot - Where the streets are paved with scorch

Swiftie - You will got to the special hell for taking Dyper to a 4 person event
ronharristwo

Postby ronharristwo » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:41 pm

Last edited by ronharristwo on Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Go Team Venture!
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:34 pm

I have a sudden need to play a Criminal, and a slightly limited Card pool.

And a desire to make a jokey name for a deck.

So this happened:
The Waltz is complete

(All That Remains)

Event (21)
3x (Core Set)
3x (Creation and Control)
2x (The Underway)
2x (Cyber Exodus)
2x (Core Set)
2x (Honor and Profit)
1x (Fear and Loathing) ••
3x (Core Set)
3x (Core Set)

Hardware (7)
2x (A Study in Static)
2x (What Lies Ahead)
3x (Future Proof) ••••• •

Resource (9)
2x (Humanity's Shadow)
2x (Honor and Profit)
2x (The Valley)

Icebreaker (8)
1x (Honor and Profit)
1x (Core Set) ••
3x (Future Proof)
1x (Core Set) •••
1x (Data and Destiny) ••
1x (Honor and Profit)
15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on .

Don't think it'll keep up with the top decks, plus the Desperado will have to go post MWL (or something else) but its essentially just full of my favorite cards, with the exception of Doppelganger which is largely there to fill a slot and it combines reasonably with Security Testing if I need some added pace.

The Quest Completed is there for the title.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
ronharristwo

Postby ronharristwo » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:02 pm

Go Team Venture!
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:10 pm

Desperado is, by far, the more sensible choice. However I only have 1 copy of that card and I tend to dislike running 1x useful cards (though, clearly, I have no problem running 1 x ridiculous surprise cards. If I could FIT two in I would! :D)

Doppelganger also means I can take money from Kati and hit the Quest Completed in one turn, should that become necessary.

Though....yes, the deck probably doesn't belong in this thread to be fair. I am already doubting taking it along anywhere, but if I do I will let you know how I get on.
Last edited by GuyCliquil on Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:46 pm

Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:53 pm

ronharristwo

Postby ronharristwo » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:00 pm

Go Team Venture!
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:01 am

The Waltz is complete

(All That Remains)

Event (20)
3x (Core Set)
2x (Cyber Exodus)
3x (Core Set)
2x (Honor and Profit)
1x (Fear and Loathing) ••
3x (Core Set)
3x (Core Set)

Hardware (8)
3x (Core Set)
2x (What Lies Ahead)
3x (Future Proof) ••••• •

Resource (9)
2x (Creation and Control)
2x (Humanity's Shadow)
2x (Honor and Profit)
2x (The Valley)
1x (All That Remains)

Icebreaker (8)
1x (Honor and Profit)
1x (Core Set) ••
3x (Future Proof)
1x (Data and Destiny) ••
1x (Honor and Profit)
1x (What Lies Ahead) ••

Program (1)
1x (Core Set)
15 influence spent (max 15)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on .

I think I will get access to some Desperados so, assuming you are dedicated to taking a Quest Completed for the name, I think this is as good as it gets. I don't like its vulnerability to program trashing but the R&D interfaces are essential. Back when I was playing this deck one of the most amazing games I had was when I was locked out of a remote (can't recally exactly how) but could go mad on a rich R&D. I was able to just keep bouncing the advanced agenda backed to hand. That is, essentially, the backup plan here.
The Praetor of Jank

Return to “Site Article Discussion”