Leela Post-mortem

Cerberus

Re: Leela Post-mortem

Postby Cerberus » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:13 am

Been testing drug dealer. Not convinced, worried it hurts your economy too much, think I prefer Visage.
Never tested Lawyer Up but I'm doubtful. Will try it and let you know.
ronharristwo

Postby ronharristwo » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:26 am

Cerberus wrote:Been testing drug dealer. Not convinced, worried it hurts your economy too much, think I prefer Visage.
Never tested Lawyer Up but I'm doubtful. Will try it and let you know.

Gonna try the Lawyer up, thou I wasn't trying to tie it in with Siphon, I actually hadn't thought of that. I might come crawling back to Visage myself.

I still hate Peacock (Turing annoys me most), but I just looked at every other code gate option and I can't find a better option. Zu sucks vs Turing too, Rex counters go fast, and Gordian isn't that much of a discount for that much influence.

Explain to me why we run Mimic. I feel like alot of the sentries I run into these days are higher than 3 strength which include Assassin, Ichi 1-2.0, NEXT Gold, News Hound, Grim, Archer and Data Raven. What it does cover, Architect (only seeing this in Foodcoats anymore, which many are only running 2), Roboturret (barely played), Gutenberg (a tag, oh no) Komainu (legit threat) and Caduceus drive home the point to me that it's a wasted slot with no Datasucker in the deck. This gets me thinking about what we could do with 1-2 influence (could cut the Stimhack, despite positive testing results). 2 Datasuckers could come in, but I'm pulling one of it's main beneficiaries.

Thoughts?

Sidenote: I feel like Datasucker is gonna find it's way into the fold when we shed RDI for The Turning Wheel. Yog and Mimic could go back to solving alot of our breaking efficiency problems in that case. D4vid could also be considered (4 Influence is rough). The deck is going to get exponentially better with that 6 influence back, and adding Political Operative.
Go Team Venture!
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:03 am

Lawyer Up is a card that rarely turns out to be playable, in my testing. It's better if you can float the tags for a turn or two, but Kati probably excludes that.

The point on Mimic is one I've noticed. But what other sentry breaker do you play? I think Mongoose will be worth considering.
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:41 am

If influence permitted I'd run 2 sucker, but Mimic is essential otherwise you have to install Femme. Faeries you use for safety / high str sentries.

David is a no go as you can't tutor it or recur it.

Political Operative is going to be great, though cause deck space questions
ronharristwo

Postby ronharristwo » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:50 pm

Cerberus wrote:If influence permitted I'd run 2 sucker, but Mimic is essential otherwise you have to install Femme. Faeries you use for safety / high str sentries.

David is a no go as you can't tutor it or recur it.

Political Operative is going to be great, though cause deck space questions

For better or worse, Sym Visage is back in my version. I consider it the most replaceable slot in the deck, but after testing Drug Dealer, Express Delivery, and Lawyer up it fits the best. The 2 click cost of Lawyer up didn't feel good in yesterdays testing, even thou I did pull off the Siphon/Lawyer up one time which did work out well.

I got us off topic talking about what the deck will be. Mimic is an available slot in the deck right now considering the list of sentries it breaks, in comparison to the sentries it does not. We could keep Stimhack, but 2 available influence leaves room for more tech. We also could go with something like Alias maybe, and a 2 Influence tech card of some type, or keep Stimhack. Looking through the possible tech options just now, I am at a loss on what could be added.

More thoughts?
Go Team Venture!

Return to “Site Article Discussion”