Running in Netrunner

Chimpster
Site Admin

Running in Netrunner

Postby Chimpster » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:14 am

Site Article: http://netrunners.co.uk/articles/runnin ... unner.html

I think it's safe to say that few would disagree with the assessment that Dave (Top 4 Worlds 2015, UK National Champion 2014), is one of the best runners in the world at the moment. Though his corp play at Worlds 2015 made him famous, without question his running is a thing to behold (as anyone who has played him will testify). Dave has kindly taken the time to help new players avoid the pitfalls of running, with a great guide to improving your runner play. Essential reading!
Hanohtep

Re: Running in Netrunner

Postby Hanohtep » Mon May 02, 2016 8:05 am

Hi there, I just registered to thank you for the article.

I've only really been playing Netrunner for a few months now but I've managed to acquire almost everything in a short space of time (only 3 data packs left to pick up).

It's uncanny how many of my own mistakes I see highlighted in there. Particularly with tunnel vision and missing out on probing runs to remote servers. In my defence, my local meta seems to have a fair few Jinteki decks on the go at the moment though so I've been scared into not running mostly.

I have seen improvement in my own play, but I definitely think I'm weaker on the runner side. I've been running Noise, but haven't really been taking advantage of the mill, I've been toying with switching to Whizzard for the trash credits instead.

I don't know if part of the problem that I have is that when I browse netrunnerdb I see what I think are really interesting decks, but because I'm still fairly new I don't fully appreciate the interactions between some cards.

But anyway, thanks for the article. it has given me a lot to consider before game night on Tuesday.

Return to “Site Article Discussion”