Pre-Nationals Corp Meta Analysis

Chimpster
Site Admin

Re: Pre-Nationals Corp Meta Analysis

Postby Chimpster » Thu May 21, 2015 11:59 am

Just as a heads up folks, part 2 (the runner meta) of Dave's analysis is now up on The Winning Agenda

http://thewinningagenda.com/2015/05/21/ ... he-runner/
David Whittaker

Postby David Whittaker » Thu May 21, 2015 5:26 pm

Just started listening to that podcast as a direct result of reading Dave's last article on your site. It's rather good!

Pretty cool that they all seem to be strong players judging from the finishes they have had. Refreshing to have some episodes that don't just talk about the latest data pack followed by often meaningless speculation ;)
mendax

Postby mendax » Thu May 21, 2015 9:31 pm

TWA is perhaps the best podcast around for the most competitive part of the game, but certainly i wouldn't recommend them to most players.
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Fri May 22, 2015 8:20 am

mendax wrote:TWA is perhaps the best podcast around for the most competitive part of the game, but certainly i wouldn't recommend them to most players.

Because they are focused on competitive play or because of some other factor?
mendax

Postby mendax » Fri May 22, 2015 1:21 pm

Because they're focussed on competitive play, and most players seem to have at most a passing interest in that.
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Fri May 22, 2015 2:04 pm

I think if you're interested in the game enough to want to listed to podcasts, you should give TWA a try. They have plenty of interesting insight. The 30 minute episode structure really appeals to me. It means they don't waffle about anything.
Oh that, don't worry about that, it's my negotiating tank.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue May 26, 2015 12:15 pm

MasterAir wrote:I think if you're interested in the game enough to want to listed to podcasts, you should give TWA a try. They have plenty of interesting insight. The 30 minute episode structure really appeals to me. It means they don't waffle about anything.

Their Australian humour and enthusiasm for the game shines through each podcast. They also have excellent guests and I enjoy their Decktech episodes looking at particular types or pet projects. Sometimes the "competitive only" focus and it's interaction with their meta means that I completely disagree with some of their card opinions, but this is fun to point out to them on twitter and they've certainly been expressing respect for the european meta recently (thanks Dave!).
MOON MONEY!

Return to “Site Article Discussion”