[Swansea] Newbie Tournament, June 11th

Cardiff, Swansea

Moderators: CommissarFeesh, Flipswitch

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CommissarFeesh
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[Swansea] Newbie Tournament, June 11th

Postby CommissarFeesh » Wed May 21, 2014 11:33 pm

Hot on the heels of , The Gamer's Emporium will be host to a on June 11th!

This will be a standard Swiss event, with the following restriction: all decks are to be built from a SINGLE CORE SET ONLY.

The idea is to allow players who are just starting out to play semi-competitively but without having to learn the entire card-pool. It also gives more experienced players a different challenge by limiting their deckbuilding options.

The store is putting on prize support in the form of leftover promo cards from Organized Play kits - participants will receive one copy each of alt-art Wyldside and Kati Jones while stock lasts (there are enough to support at least 12 players).

There's no additional fee beyond the standard £2 day-pass for the gaming space, so if you're new to Netrunner, you'd like to try out something different, or just want a chance to complete your promo sets of Kati Jones and Wyldside, come on down and join us!
Sixtyten

Re: Newbie Tournament, June 11th

Postby Sixtyten » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:20 pm

How did it go? I was planning on heading over with a n00b friend but he broke his ankle last week and didn't fancy it. Hope it was good fun.
MOON MONEY!
CommissarFeesh

Postby CommissarFeesh » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:30 pm

Pretty well! 8 people showed up, which while not much, is twice the usual turnout from the locals :P

Sadly I didn't get to play myself (if there had been an odd number I'd have made up the difference) but everyone seemed to have a good time.

4 of the 8 were experienced players, and they (unsurprisingly) took the top 4 spots. Winner was using Gabe and Weyland; I can post the decklists if anyone is interested (they're also on Facebook, link in the UK Netrunner Players group).

Sorry you couldn't make it, hope your friend recovers soon. I have had at least one request to do it again from someone who couldn't make it, so I'll post up any future events in plenty of time ;)
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:03 pm

Great stuff!
MOON MONEY!

Return to “South Wales”