[Cardiff] Regionals @ Firestorm Games - May 2014

Cardiff, Swansea

Moderators: CommissarFeesh, Flipswitch

mendax
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Regionals @ Firestorm Games - May 2014

Postby mendax » Tue May 13, 2014 11:25 am

Ninja is more expensive against everything that isn't 5 strength, or greater than 10 strength, and costs 1 more to install.
Cerberus
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Cerberus » Tue May 13, 2014 11:51 am

Why do people not run Ninja? It is amazing against Grim, Archer, Rototurret etc It makes a great breaker alongside Mimic, Femme and Faeries!
Mezzamine

Postby Mezzamine » Tue May 13, 2014 12:34 pm

I wouldn't say it's great against Archer unless you're using personal touches but yeah, it's still solid. I think it really comes down to a matter of personal preference. Mimic's probably still the best but only with the right support, and Femme is...well, Femme. Great ability, but I don't understand why people would use it as their only killer.
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Tue May 13, 2014 2:29 pm

Ninja plus Datasucker for Archer obviously!
Mezzamine

Postby Mezzamine » Tue May 13, 2014 2:38 pm

Man, somehow I keep forgetting that Datasucker even exists. I need to play more Anarch again.
mendax

Postby mendax » Tue May 13, 2014 3:18 pm

Of course, datasucker is a problem for a Stirling and his 10 influence limit...
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Tue May 13, 2014 4:15 pm

Got by with a Femme, Deus X and Sharpshooters in Shaper (with an option of installing a Femme onto Dino) no problem at Cardiff. Recurred a sharpshooter and a Deus X a couple of times, always seemed to be more than enough.
Silent Requiem

Postby Silent Requiem » Tue May 13, 2014 6:15 pm

My Gabe didn't drop a game all day, and Ninja was a key part of that.

It's actually something we were discussing in the car back to Worcester - it feels like the runner needs two different rigs to deal with different corp strategies. Ninja belongs in one of those rigs, but you need another sentry breaker to deal with low grade taxing ICE; part of your "other" rig.

Of course I recognise that Shapers have the recursion in faction that allows them some different approaches.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue May 13, 2014 7:35 pm

Speaking of having 2 rigs, I was trying a centrals + corroder vs mimic, yog and suckers with Andy (and special order) and found that econ was more my issue than not having the breakers present. Clearly lots of taxing ice out: particularly against fixed strength breakers. That said, my best runner performance (not saying much) was 6 AP against callum with no breakers but my sneakdoor out. Pop up window on HQ vs legwork and hq interface won't cut the mustard!
Vapo

Postby Vapo » Tue May 13, 2014 7:42 pm

I was running Ninja along with Mimic and Femme in my Andy for quite a while, but I finally dropped it for Cardiff and I'm happy with that decision. It does provide a slightly different option to either of the others, but there are just so many good events to play now that I can't justify the deck space for what is at the end of the day just an economic boost in the right match up, and a completely dead card in a lot of others. It seems crazy to me that people are spending so many deck slots on multiple different ways to break sentries for slightly less money instead of picking up more copies of genuinely game-winning cards - it seems what's often cut is Same Old Things, which I really don't understand. SIX SIPHONS. SIX. SIPHONS. SIPHONS. SIX OF THEM. Or more Shutdowns. Or Legwork. Or even good old inside job. You guys can keep your 4 different sentry breakers, I'll be busy multi-accessing, shutting down tollbooths and keeping the corp broke for half the game thankyouverymuch.
Vapo

Postby Vapo » Tue May 13, 2014 7:45 pm

Re. 2 rigs - I have now switched up to using a single Passport and Breach instead of a 2nd corroder/Yog, but that's purely to save influence. They certainly aren't as good but they'll do if you get unlucky vs program trashing or happen to open with one and can use it for early pressure. Frees up enough influence to allow 2x both R&D Interface AND Parasite, which is pretty epic.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue May 13, 2014 9:53 pm

Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Wed May 14, 2014 4:46 am

CommissarFeesh

Postby CommissarFeesh » Mon May 19, 2014 11:17 am

They're collecting winning regionals lists for Stimhack; have the Cardiff ones been posted anywhere yet?
Flipswitch

Postby Flipswitch » Mon May 19, 2014 1:31 pm

Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Mon May 19, 2014 3:10 pm

More coverage incoming folks, hope to have all the top 8 games up before the weekend! Game 2 and game 3 now online.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue May 20, 2014 8:42 pm

Return to “South Wales”