Forum Reorganisation

Chimpster
Site Admin

Forum Reorganisation

Postby Chimpster » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:06 pm

As you've probably already clocked, I'm in the middle of reorganising the remote forum section into regions.

I've wanted to do this for a while to hopefully try and encourage more regional style discussion and travel to different metas but I'm still undecided on a few issues.

First off, as the most active forum boards by some margin, I'm inclined to leave Reading and Oxford intact rather than combine them. If you want to be combined however, I'm more than happy to do so, let me know what you want chaps. Also not sure where to put Aldershot, would south east best the best region for it or would you prefer to go into redox if they combine?

Please preface any posts you make the specific town or city in square brackets so as to keep things as clear as possible. Also please make sure that your town/city has a stickied post stating where you meet or where you can contact people to find a meet up.

There's a southwest board coming so bear with me as I combine the rest up, it's a job and a half to say the least!
Rotage

Re: Forum Reorganisation

Postby Rotage » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:31 pm

I think Aldershot should combine with Redox (if they merge) assuming Reading and Oxford don't merge then maybe just put it in the Reading area
Aldershot - Where the streets are paved with scorch

Swiftie - You will got to the special hell for taking Dyper to a 4 person event
Pete

Postby Pete » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:35 pm

Good stuff Chimpster!

Rotage wrote:I think Aldershot should combine with Redox (if they merge) assuming Reading and Oxford don't merge then maybe just put it in the Reading area

We chatted about just this in this thread. The consensus was to have distinct forums.
#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
Johno

Postby Johno » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:42 pm

I think I may have been the most vocal opponent to the merging, but largely that was due to comparison to the existing boards. If the forum is divided into larger regions, I think uniting the ReadOx metas makes sense, rather than having small towns exist separately, just because of their particularly active posters :P

Incorporating Aldershot is fine too, but up to those guys obviously. You could also call it South Central or something if you wanted to make it more obvious to new users, but I think "ReadOx" has become an accepted name for the combined metas, even inclusive of the "satellite" towns of which Aldershot is by far the largest Netrunner-wise.

In short: I'm not opposed to the merging under the new forum structure, so if it's cleaner (which I'd say it is) then by all means go ahead, barring opposition from others.
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:48 pm

I think merging would create a lot of confusion. We'd need a 'weekly casual meetup' thread for Oxford, and one for Reading. We'd need very clear tournament announcements for each place. We'd need location details for each place. And so on...

So yeah, I prefer keeping them split. If one or the other gets very inactive, I can see a case for merging.
Rotage

Postby Rotage » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:18 pm

With Reading Oxford being separate maybe just put Aldershot into the South East area
Aldershot - Where the streets are paved with scorch

Swiftie - You will got to the special hell for taking Dyper to a 4 person event
Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:33 pm

I'd be ok with a merge into a Reading/Aldershot subforum tbh. You're closer to us than the rest of the SE, in terms of player integration anyway.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:26 pm

If I was to merge them I would do the same thing with the other boards which is to add the tag [Oxford] or [Reading] to the start of each forum thread so as to keep it neat and tidy (hell of a job though :P).

It's seriously upto you guys, it's a hell of a lot more tidy than what it was so I'm happy either way!
Joey

Postby Joey » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:47 am

Given that every other group has separated into regions it makes sense for us to do so as well... we are already special as we should just be thrown in to south east even though we are clearly neither east nor west.... I propose making another forum just like the others (south east south west, Midlands etc) and call it south Central. Made up of Reading Oxford and Aldershot. If every other meta can handle having a regional board then I think we can as well..
Joey

Postby Joey » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:49 am

Brendan wrote:I think merging would create a lot of confusion. We'd need a 'weekly casual meetup' thread for Oxford, and one for Reading. We'd need very clear tournament announcements for each place. We'd need location details for each place. And so on...

So yeah, I prefer keeping them split. If one or the other gets very inactive, I can see a case for merging.

But we are the only split forums on the entire board. I think it's makes sense to have us all in the south Central sub forum. Look at the forums page and say that wouldn't make more sense
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:57 am

Joey wrote:But we are the only split forums on the entire board.

We're also by far the most active. Consistency is great, but practicality surely wins out here.
unitled

Postby unitled » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:26 pm

Would it maybe be possible to have a Scotland section? There are users scattered around Facebook, BGG, Reddit, and... just in the void, using Whatsapp. Would be good to have a central location for them :)
"If all your ice is positional, none of your ice is positional" - Anon.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:29 pm

Will get it set up for you now mate, was hoping to get some more Scottish representation on here :)
unitled

Postby unitled » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:45 pm

Ah great, thanks Chimp :) I'll get some links up to the various groups when I get a min in case any new players land here.
"If all your ice is positional, none of your ice is positional" - Anon.

Return to “Announcements”