Netrunners.co.uk needs you!

Chimpster
Site Admin

Netrunners.co.uk needs you!

Postby Chimpster » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:06 am

My schedule has returned to a state of normality after a summer in the depths of deepest, darkest Wales and so I'm looking to get back onto getting content on the site.

With that in mind, I'm looking for some contributors to do some one off articles as well as monthly series to try and raise the profile and utility of the site overall. Content could be something as simple as a monthly tournament report from your local meta (thoughts on the meta, new ID's, game reports etc), the lowdown on your favourite ID, underrated card analysis, specific strategies or just something plain whacky.

Get your creative hats on and let me know if you fancy taking something on, would love any input you guys have to offer!
Sixtyten
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Netrunners.co.uk needs you!

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:11 pm

I'd love to do something for the site. Not 100% sure if I've got a particular angle yet, but if you've got any ideas, then let me know!
MOON MONEY!
Cerberus
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Cerberus » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:36 pm

Happy to help as normal...
Pete

Postby Pete » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:24 pm

Brendan and I, both stalwarts of The Oxford Massive, are going to do Awkward Conversations With Brendan: an irregular series where Brendan and I use a brief chat about an awkward situation to springboard a deeper discussion about NetRunner strategy and tactics.

Forex, an opening gambit answering the awkward question "If you could clone yourself would you have sex with yourself?" leads rather naturally to a rich seam of discussion about the identity. Brendan always has great insights into NetRunner, and it's my role as the character to surface Brendan's gems of genius in a manner that is entertaining, thoughtful, and sexy.

I do have to clear this with Brendan, but I've been sowing the seeds for the past few weeks and am quietly confident of Brendan's vociferous assent and subsequent fulminating participation.
#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:42 pm

Brendan

Postby Brendan » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:07 pm

Last edited by Brendan on Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:40 pm

[quote="Chimpster]Sixtyten, i'm open to anything, whatever you would enjoy writing about is the best place to start. Maybe Bristol meta or crazy decks you've been testing? I really want to cover content from all walks of netrunner life, not just uber competitive![/quote]

That's cool. I'll have a think. It'd be nice to do a piece on the Bristol Meta, particularly since we've got about 20 regular people in the meta and about 15 or so semi-regular folks. I'd do a piece on Weyland, but I think there are other people on here who have had more success with their Weyland decks.
MOON MONEY!
James 1.0

Postby James 1.0 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:56 pm

I'm always happy to talk about underrated cards or something wacky. I also take requests, though the current one might take a while (use Bug effectively, dear god it's expensive).
pruneface

Postby pruneface » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:56 pm

Would love to write something long along the lines of "toolbox shaper: how she is played" if that'd be of interest.
The onesie was a legitimate tactical decision.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:37 pm

Sounds awesome guys :)
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:35 pm

Hoping to upload some new contributions next week - get writing chaps :)
Vapo

Postby Vapo » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:43 pm

If I get a chance I'll try to do a write up of how my RP deck has developed - i've played and tweaked it more consistently than any other deck I've ever built and I think looking at how/why I made various changes might be useful.

...or if that turns out to be too dull or too much work I might just do a write up of next week's Brum tournament. More likely to do that if I manage to win it, obviously :D
metagaia

Postby metagaia » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:14 pm

Would be interested in doing a "faction history" series of articles, looking at individual factions win rates (via stimhack and OCTGN data) and then analysing which cards seemingly effected the changes. Is that something the site might interested in?
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:08 am

Sounds good :)
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:15 pm

I'm part way through writing a deck tech on Leela Patel...

Anyone got time to write an article now Christmas festivities are out of the way?
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:41 pm

I can write a basic Noise primer if you guys like.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:54 pm

After being demolished by your noise deck, I'd love to post that article up!
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:56 pm

Would you be able to help out with images and formatting and stuff of that nature?
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:30 pm

Just write it up and i'll do the rest :)
mendax

Postby mendax » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:07 am

I keep meaning to do a pair of articles - Katman history + evolution, and where Atman decks stand now in Kate, Nasir, as a splash etc. I've never managed to get around to it though.
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:50 am

ihmcallister

Postby ihmcallister » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:37 pm

Would an article on taxing NBN builds be of interest as I think they are still a viable, if less considered, type?
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:08 pm

I could give you a long reply, but yes is basically the answer!
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:00 pm

ihmcallister

Postby ihmcallister » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:41 pm

Watched you playing at last years nationals but we havent really met. I'll try and say hi this year if I'm down.

Return to “Announcements”