A Small Request (Profiles)

Chimpster
Site Admin

A Small Request (Profiles)

Postby Chimpster » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:06 am

Can all members please update their profile with their location if possible. Makes it much easier to see where players are from in posts and for the purposes of organisation. (I've already done a few with my super duper admin hax0r skills but if you're still missing the field, it would be great if you could complete it for me! :))

Also, there is an option to change your avatar to something a little more funky than a blue question mark, just in case you aren't aware.

You can access your profile by clicking the little cog in the top right when logged in. Any problems, give me a shout.

Cheers!
lunchmoney

Re: A Small Request (Profiles)

Postby lunchmoney » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:01 pm

Any thought about allowing signatures? And if they are allowed, why can't I have right now?
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:17 am

I've been shying away from signatures because I find it just makes forums more difficult to read. Generally it doubles the size of each post and can make a board look a little more cluttered. Not a massive fan of them but am willing to bow to the wishes of the people on this one if more of you are in favour of having them switched on.

Let me know :)
evilgaz

Postby evilgaz » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:43 pm

I'll try to sort my shizzle out when I'm at home and remember...

I'm not a fan of signatures either - for me, if you're switching them on, it'd be nice to have the feature I've seen elsewhere that allows individuals to switch them off via profile settings. That does mean that people new to the site will see more clutter, so I'd shy away from it too, but I'm not overly precious.
lunchmoney

Postby lunchmoney » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:36 pm

I used to use PHPBB3 for my forum(recently switched to xenforo) and iirc you can enable signatures but limit the character count, which by extension will limit the size and keep them small.
And as a user you should be able to set a button in your UCP to block sigs.

Sigs can be used by those that run clubs/shops/tournies to put an advert in.
metagaia

Postby metagaia » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:37 pm

Echoing that sentiment, I would be fine with sigs, under the the provisions of no image banners, and the option to turn the signatures off. Obviously I have no say, but just adding my opinion. :)
StalkerB

Postby StalkerB » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:22 pm

Can you enable websites to appear in the avatar section to the left of a post?

I think that would eliminate the need for signatures as anything else anybody wanted to put in is usually fluff.
lunchmoney

Postby lunchmoney » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:32 pm

StalkerB wrote:Can you enable websites to appear in the avatar section to the left of a post?

I think that would eliminate the need for signatures as anything else anybody wanted to put in is usually fluff.

Except you wouldn't be able to do this
lunchmoney wrote:Sigs can be used by those that run clubs/shops/tournies to put an advert in.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:30 pm

I've enabled signatures but disabled use of [Img] functionality in it. This means that people can posts links etc without flooding up the board with loads of random jpeg banners (hopefully).

Hopefully this is a happy medium between both parties! :)

Return to “Announcements”