European NR Platform/Website

Kelfecil

European NR Platform/Website

Postby Kelfecil » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:59 am

Hello my fellow UK Net-runners! :D

I want to talk to you about a project I've started and I've been recruiting the help of TOs/Judges from all over Europe for it

It all started from the point where I was doing the whole thing for the Netherlands as a TO and a head judge and it escalated to the point where from a simple player, I ended up starting nedrunner.nl and getting all the little communities here and there in the NL together. It has now reached the point where we have international attention and it's amazing (with a steady 100-150 views per day on the website)and I decided that I would try to become the go-to person for NR in the EU, since I know quite a few people now as well and it would be pretty fun to connect even more with the rest of the EU, but, it's not just a selfish act or something. The thing is, I'm doing it for the community, and soon enough, when I was brainstorming on how I could do that, I realized that since this is more about the community, I'd rather do something that everyone will be involved in so that we can create something that will help each TO in each country and area when they want to promote their own meta and community to the rest of the EU because we could really use something like that.

Honestly, some people don't even know if in some countries there's a NR scene. You'll be surprised at how often I've noticed that.

I decided to start something that wouldn't shadow nedrunner.nl or any other website like it (netrunners.co.uk for example too), something different. So, the plan is to basically make a platform where people can meet for NR in the EU, not just TOs and judges, but all the players. We will make something that is different and appealing, so I have brainstormed a bunch of features and we already discussed some more with TOs from all over Europe (of course more feedback and extra suggestions are always welcome).

What I'm asking is: Is the British NR Scene interested in participating? If so, I would like to hear from some of your TOs judges (at least 2-3 I'd say considering the size of the scene) and have a chat with them.

You won't have to do much other than update the calendar with your premier-tier events and promote a couple things happening in your country/area. It's basically something to help countries reach out even further.

We will also discuss some of the features which I believe you will find really interesting.

We already have about 13 countries on board for this and the number is continuously growing.

Are you on board? If yes, private message me here and we will exchange contact information.

-Constantine
king_mob

Re: European NR Platform/Website

Postby king_mob » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:47 am

This sounds great, do you mean to do a new site altogether for the EU as a whole, a bit like stimhack but more focused on the european scenes?
Memstrips deserves a chance. Memstrips.
Kelfecil

Postby Kelfecil » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:17 pm

king_mob wrote:This sounds great, do you mean to do a new site altogether for the EU as a whole, a bit like stimhack but more focused on the european scenes?

As I mentioned, no it won't be something like that. It will be something for the EU as a whole though.

A few of the features already discussed are already things that you don't see on other websites, or things that you do see on other websites but now on a european level. (like calendars, trading, judge/to information).
It will be a collective that will basically help any EU NR community.
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:32 pm

Kelfecil wrote:
king_mob wrote:This sounds great, do you mean to do a new site altogether for the EU as a whole, a bit like stimhack but more focused on the european scenes?

As I mentioned, no it won't be something like that. It will be something for the EU as a whole though.

A few of the features already discussed are already things that you don't see on other websites, or things that you do see on other websites but now on a european level. (like calendars, trading, judge/to information).
It will be a collective that will basically help any EU NR community.

Thanks for clarifying!
ApeAsylum

Postby ApeAsylum » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:56 pm

yeah i think a site that lists all of the metas in Europe with helpfull links to sites like nedrunner.nl (is that meant to be netrunner.nl?) and netrunners.co.uk would be great. Also i think a sort of voting system (up and down) for particular sites would be good. there are some shocking netrunner sites out there and i think its important to keep the good sites up the top of the list and some of the more less informative sites can live near the bottom. Its nice and scaleable and looks after itself keeping admin down.

Overall sounds like a great idea!
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:29 pm

An event calender has been on my to do list for about a year so if someone else wants to get it sorted I'm all in favour :)

As you've mentioned, the UK scene is pretty large so I'm not sure if we'll be able to get everything on there but you've got to start somewhere!
Kelfecil

Postby Kelfecil » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:54 pm

ApeAsylum wrote:yeah i think a site that lists all of the metas in Europe with helpfull links to sites like nedrunner.nl (is that meant to be netrunner.nl?) and netrunners.co.uk would be great. Also i think a sort of voting system (up and down) for particular sites would be good. there are some shocking netrunner sites out there and i think its important to keep the good sites up the top of the list and some of the more less informative sites can live near the bottom. Its nice and scaleable and looks after itself keeping admin down.

Overall sounds like a great idea!

It's meant to be nedrunner.nl, it's punny like that. :P

We've been discussing, with our good German friends mostly, that we need to bring communities together in Europe the past few months and I just basically thought it was about time we do something about it.

Chimpster wrote:An event calender has been on my to do list for about a year so if someone else wants to get it sorted I'm all in favour :)

As you've mentioned, the UK scene is pretty large so I'm not sure if we'll be able to get everything on there but you've got to start somewhere!

That is indeed true. I've been told by many that you have a pretty large meta and that is why I said 3-4 people rather than just 1-2 would be better. But yes, it's indeed a start. Send me a message with your e-mail so that I can add you on our trello board with all the discussions going on by the people involved in the project.

The plan is:

- Launch the alpha testing of the website during summer.
- Go into beta in September.
- Fix things as we move towards the winter season. Have the website finalized before the next Regionals events in 2016.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:31 pm

Give me a poke over at chimpster@netrunners.co.uk and I'll have a looksie. Can't promise that I'll be able to contribute too much atm, but hopefully we can get a few interested parties on here who I can delegate too ;)
mendax

Postby mendax » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:38 pm

Do you strictly mean EU, or are you including places like Switzerland?
ApeAsylum

Postby ApeAsylum » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:40 pm

I heard they only play neutral cards in Switzerland
Kelfecil

Postby Kelfecil » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:23 am

Chimpster wrote:Give me a poke over at chimpster@netrunners.co.uk and I'll have a looksie. Can't promise that I'll be able to contribute too much atm, but hopefully we can get a few interested parties on here who I can delegate too ;)

I will send you an e-mail first thing in the morning. :)

ApeAsylum wrote:

I heard they only play neutral cards in Switzerland

Well said.

But the answer to your question is that it's for everyone in Europe as a continent. Don't really care what their political views or attachments are regarding other things. They are on the piece of land called Europe so they count. :P
Sincil Banks

Postby Sincil Banks » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:22 pm

I think we in the UK probably need some kind of referendum as to whether we join this or not.

I'm assuming we'll be demanding some opt out clauses?
:D
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:38 pm

Sincil Banks wrote:I think we in the UK probably need some kind of referendum as to whether we join this or not.

I'm assuming we'll be demanding some opt out clauses?
:D

You eu-runner skeptics need to go back to playing conquest!!

Return to “Announcements”