REBIRTH!!!

Moderator: Brendan

TED-DIE

REBIRTH!!!

Postby TED-DIE » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:17 am

This card is undeniably EPIC!! :lol: CHANGING YOUR ID MID-WAY THROUGH A GAMES IS AMAZING. :o :shock: :o Andy's 9 card starting hand only to change to another criminal with a passive ability. :!: Lots of assets change to Whizzard, lots of operations change to Ed Kim. Want to start with a bad pub.Start as Valencia. 16 influence Iain Deck (Using Ken and this card). If shapers need an extra MU, change to Chaos Theory. Anarch and Criminal benefit from this the most though.

https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers under The Liberated Mind.
"The Wünderkind"
GuyCliquil

Re: REBIRTH!!!

Postby GuyCliquil » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:26 pm

Don't get me wrong, I think the card has its uses but I'm not entirely sure I've seen a stellar use for it. My best use would probably be Stealth Andy into Leela, but even then here advantage tends to be early game more than late.

Is there anyone who mainly works as a late game advantage? Iain? Eh... I'm not amazingly excited. Maybe there are certain IDs that have better pairings so its almost a toolbox type idea... that's vaguely of interest to me. It feels like it might be better in Anarch then - Maxx for draw, Whizzard vs Asset spam, Noise vs Glacier, Qutzal vs Barriers, Edward Kim against....eeesh.... sorry buddy.

It feels more shapery to me- I want to somehow work into
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
mendax

Postby mendax » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:31 pm

Andy into anyone - not even stealth andy.

Val into Quetz or Whizzard.

I don't think we'll really see it anywhere else, though if there was another place it would probably be CT.
Johno

Postby Johno » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:44 am

Think Andy into whichever Criminal you'd rather be playing is best use. Leela, Geist, whatever. The nine-card hand makes it likely[citation needed] you get the Rebirth and then you can transition into a longer-term ability.

Trying to work out if there might be legs in a Professor into Hayley/Kate build, where you cheat the influence a bit in those IDs. It does mean that you have literally 0 influence to spend on non-programs though. Feel like Shaper might be able to cope with that...
mendax

Postby mendax » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:54 pm

You can't rely on rebirth as your plan - it's an untutorable (outside of Logos) 1x.

Return to “Oxford”