Our Next Alt-Format Event

Moderator: Brendan

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Pete

Our Next Alt-Format Event

Postby Pete » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:19 am

When is The Oxford Massive's next alt-format event? And what alternate format are we having?

I enjoyed the recent 1-1-1-1 event. It was all around positive. The event brought some new, now regular, faces to our weekly gathering. The restrictions also brought some different decks to the table which for me is a good thing.

I'd be up for another 1-1-1-1 event in the near future. A "1 Core Set Plus 1 Big Box" would likewise suit. I'm personally not interested in draft -- the format bakes deck-building, an activity that I find dull, into the structure which kinda kills it for me -- but if folks wanted that then rock on.

Any other suggestions for what and when?
#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
TED-DIE
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Our Next Alt-Format Event

Postby TED-DIE » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:52 am

Maybe everyone could bring a deck they wouldn't normally play. And then everyone swaps and uses other people's decks...
"The Wünderkind"
Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:58 am

I do have a wild and crazy idea... wait for it... an 80-card TOWER OF POWER out of Kim!

:D

Good to see you around Rahul. When are you visiting us again?
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:27 am

I have been toying around in my head with the idea of having a 2 options tournament

Option #1 for those with smaller collections; Cards from 1 core set, cards from 1 Big Box, cards from 1 Data pack.

Option #2 for those with more complete collections: no more than 1 version of each card in your deck.

That would be probably close to what I would organise if I do not get massive objections!
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:53 am

GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:13 pm

Are you making a pun based on only being able to use Fairchild 1.0 rather than using Fairchild 2.0 & 3.0? Cause that's almost mean.

I guess I'll go with.... One COPY of each card then. Except for Brendan, who gets a -1 pedant penalty to all decks. :P
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
TED-DIE

Postby TED-DIE » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:16 pm

"The Wünderkind"
Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:20 pm

Return to “Oxford”