Diggety Cards In Our Meta

Moderator: Brendan

Pete

Diggety Cards In Our Meta

Postby Pete » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:19 am

Since coming back from a rather long break from the game I've been struck by the elegance of some cards that feel good and interactive.

Just thought I'd share and maybe hear from you too about what cards are floating your boat.

And you?
#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
Pete

Hard-Hitting News

Postby Pete » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:21 am

I like this card on both sides of the table.

It triggers much more easily than Midseasons so there's more opportunity to play it which is just plain good: how many times have you sat there with a Midseasons in hand that you can't play because the Runner ain't stealing an Agenda? (Or, even worse, submitting your Agenda for critique?)

I further dig that built-in window for the Runner to be able to respond. It's a Terminal operation so the Runner will have some form of opportunity to respond. The tempo hit and credit pool fluctuation can open up scoring windows for some good old school NetRunner plays. I feel it really opened up the tagging game while setting up a lovely tension between credit pool balances.

It also brought in some cards that had previously languished in the binder: Networking, Paper Tripping, New Angeles City Hall, etc.

Lovely design.
Pete

Rebirth

Postby Pete » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:24 am

Aw, I know this is kinda an old one for those of you that played through the Mumbad Cycle, but I skipped that whole cycle so it's new to me.

The sideboard aspect of this appeals to me immensely. Being able to react to your opponent's deck by bringing in a card from outside your deck is a nice interaction point.

I personally haven't played the card yet but I've had it played against me. It feels awful when the Runner rebirths into Whizzard when I'm playing my asset-heavy Spark deck, but I also feel good for my opponent 'cos damn, I'd be feeling ace if I were them.

Stu had a great Rebirth play last night going from Valencia into Omar. Lovely choice -- Archives was undefended, R&D was a glacier -- and it proved the clutch play 'cos Stu won off of it. I lost, sure thing, but it felt good 'cos Stu thought about it and made a great decision and drank deeply of my tears.

:lol:
GuyCliquil

Re: Diggety Cards In Our Meta

Postby GuyCliquil » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:18 pm

I am actually quite enjoying Omar. It makes the defence of Archives a thing and makes ice placement more of a consideration again.

I also don't mind Temujin, I just wish it was a little more influence so not EVERY faction was playing it.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Brightsides

Postby Brightsides » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:14 pm

As the one sane person to play Weyland, Prisec is perfect. Lovely and taxing, bait into a server, can be comboed with Snare! and isn't useless if they don't take the bait.

I dislike the insta-kill with psychic field that was instantly built with it. But that's fine, it's just another way to play the game.

This is great too. With the rise of Levy and heap breakers, rig-shooting and program trashing is generally gone. Until now.

The threat of permanently losing a critical piece should have been in the game much sooner in this form - Chronos project not reliable enough :(

P.E. is back online now :)

Those are my two.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:23 pm

As the one sane person to play Weyland

I was playing Blue Sun Monday! :)
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:23 pm

....HEYYY WAIT A MINUTE
The Praetor of Jank

Return to “Oxford”