Seb's Romping Challenge

Moderator: Brendan

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Pete

Seb's Romping Challenge

Postby Pete » Thu May 15, 2014 1:18 pm

Sixtyten
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Seb's Romping Challenge

Postby Sixtyten » Thu May 15, 2014 1:38 pm

Certainly makes playing against mushin no shin interesting...
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Thu May 15, 2014 1:49 pm

That's a tough question. The only card I can think of that has obvious synergy with the Romp is Queen's Gambit from Double Time. But then you're spending 3 clicks for 5 credits minus whatever the run for the Romp cost you. I think that's a non-starter.

A *slightly* more plausible idea is a mill/denial deck that doesn't want to score. You might (for example) have The Source and New Angeles City Hall in play, which means you can play Vamp and Siphon (hooray my core is now rainbow - and has neutral influence) without taking the clicks to clear tags and you don't need to worry about SEA source or any other nefarious tagging... You might consider using Exploratory Romp to remove counters from agendas to slow the Corp down some. I don't think it's a great idea, in practice Imp is better, but if you're going to make a deck with Exploratory Romp that might be a path... Anyway, I think if you want to try this it has to be in Red (and not bother with NACH go tag-me+DLR+Joshua B). It's especially tough to have to pay influence for Exploratory Romp though.

Exploratory Romp seems like it should be good vs. advanceable traps, but I just don't see it in practice. Infiltration is FREE and does the job better. I think sadly it is just a bad card. Which is odd, seeing as a successful Exploratory Romp costs the Corp 3 clicks and 3 credits worth of activity.

Note, if fast advancing using Trick of Light ever becomes a big deal, Exploratory Romp becomes a hard(ish) counter. Then it might come out of the box.
pruneface

Postby pruneface » Thu May 15, 2014 3:04 pm

pruneface

Postby pruneface » Thu May 15, 2014 3:10 pm

P.S - Pete, thank you for this thread, it brought a tear of joy to my eye...

(now if I could only finish work and get to Thirsty Meeples...)
Pete

Postby Pete » Thu May 15, 2014 11:06 pm

Good stuff MasterAir! Thanks for chiming in with some value-added content... ER seems like a bust.

Behold! Yea, your eyes do not deceive you. Gaze in wonder at a complete playset of Exploratory Romp signed by Seb!

This playset -- exclusive to The Oxford Massive -- will be offered as prize support at an upcoming tourney in Oxford. Playmats, schmaymats, everyone and their dog has one. If you win this playset, savour the knowledge that you will be the only person on the planet -- yea, in the known universe -- to have it. Riches and the adoration of hot women -- or men, as suits -- will surely follow.

In other news, Seb was indeed playing Exploratory Romp in his Shaper deck tonight. :: brofist ::
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Fri May 16, 2014 1:11 pm

Are signed cards ok for tournaments, or would you have to sleeve them? I demand FFG clarifies in their next FAQ.
Pete

Postby Pete » Fri May 16, 2014 2:09 pm

Well darn. I never thought of that. Good spot there. This could ruin everything. Seb, I may need to backtrack on the signed romps. :lol:

I'll keep my eye open for cool Exploratory Romp applications and post 'em here. (I may never post here again mind.) :D
pruneface

Postby pruneface » Fri May 16, 2014 2:33 pm

MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Sat May 17, 2014 8:01 am

Return to “Oxford”