Oxford Store Championship - March 21st

Moderator: Brendan

Brendan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Oxford Store Championship - March 21st

Postby Brendan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:36 pm

pruneface
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Oxford Store Championship - March 21st

Postby pruneface » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:07 pm

Yeah, early start is good by me. Reckon that the 1st pack of the SanSan cycle will be out by then? :D
The onesie was a legitimate tactical decision.
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:07 pm

Totally possible, though there was a big lag after H&P dropped.
pruneface

Postby pruneface » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:09 pm

Brendan

Postby Brendan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:43 pm

Clot and Jam. Mmmmmm.
Pete

Postby Pete » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:13 am

I'll be there!

I was just randomly thinking the other day "I miss Brendan's bedtime stories about Chaos Theory being murderdeathkilled by Weyland's Dedicated Response Teams," so this tourney will be a proper good way to ease back into playing.

Hopefully I get to play The Crusher and get murderdeathcrushed just like in the good old days of '14. :D
#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:35 am

Yay! Pete!

You know there's an alt-art Chaos Theory as participation prize, right?

"a proper good way to ease back into playing"

You have a very different idea of 'easing back into playing' than I do!
pruneface

Postby pruneface » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:30 am

Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:23 am

Welcome back Pete, we missed you :)
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:43 pm

I'm not sure I'll be able to get there for a 9am start. That said, store championships are long, so maybe I'll drive and then not worry about start or end times. :-(
Oh that, don't worry about that, it's my negotiating tank.
Filip

Postby Filip » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:30 pm

Hey guys, find the details for our Mini-tournaments and Store Championship:

Mini-tourney (same again also March 16):
https://www.facebook.com/events/1548625 ... pe=regular

Store Championship
https://www.facebook.com/events/1547171 ... pe=regular
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:13 pm

Exciting stuff! Perfect for testing out some new decks!
stumpy_man

Postby stumpy_man » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:03 pm

Hello everybody, I'm a visiting student from the States doing a semester abroad in Oxford this term. I'm an avid player although I didn't bring my netrunner stuff with me when I came over. But I wanted to take a wild shot in the dark and see if anyone would be possibly willing to lend me some decks and maybe some counters if I was able to make it to the store championship. I don't really know yet if my semester abroad group has any plans or anything that day but if I'm free I'd love to come get some games in. I wouldn't be taking the tournament very seriously and would completely work around what extra cards are available and that sort of thing. But if anyone who has enough extra cards to make another semi-competitive corp and runner would be up for lending me some that day, I would be so excited to come participate. If you'd be willing just post here or send me a message or something and we could get in touch about it. Thanks so much!
Filip

Postby Filip » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:43 pm

Heya stumpy_man,

I have all Netrunner expansions up until halfway through the lunar cycle, and wont be using it during the tournament (I'll be busy running it), so happy to lend if you send me decklists in advance
Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:19 pm

Same goes for me stumpy, you can use whatever cards I have to build decks.

I'll be playing my usual Ken Tenma and HB decks, so you can have your pick of all the Weyland, Shaper, NBN, and Anarch cards. (if you really need the Desperados and SanSans I'm sure someone will loan em.)

Drop me a line and I'll drop a bunch of cards into your lap.
#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
stumpy_man

Postby stumpy_man » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:33 pm

Awesome Pete and Filip, thank you so much! As it gets a little closer I'll get back in touch with you guys once I figure out for sure if I can come and what I'll be playing (most likely Weyland and either Shaper or Maxx). But thanks a lot again! I'm excited to get in some face to face Netrunner!
ZomB

Postby ZomB » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:49 pm

Is there any Netrunner happening on Sunday 22nd in that part of the UK? Was thinking of making a weekend of it as I have to be in Reading on Monday.
Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:02 pm

Brendan

Postby Brendan » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:09 pm

We also have Netrunner evenings on a Monday in Oxford. I'm sure the locals won't all be burned out from the store tournament.
Johno

Postby Johno » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:33 am

Hello Oxfordites! Hoping to make the relatively short trip to Oxford for the first time on Saturday. A couple of questions for the TO: I assume decklists should be provided? I can't see any reference to it. Also, any objection to me bringing along my recording setup and recording some games for possibly going on the internets? (pending permission of the players in each case of course)

Thanks and looking forward to it! Somewhat surprisingly it will be the first Store Championship I'll be playing in :P
Filip

Postby Filip » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:28 pm

Heya Johno,

I've absolutely nothing against recording equipment, as long as your opponents consent.
As for decklists, yes please, but you just need to hand them in when you arrive.
Sincil Banks

Postby Sincil Banks » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:20 pm

Do I need a ticket for Saturday or can I just show up?
Filip

Postby Filip » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:26 pm

I have nothing against you just showing up; we're currently in no risk of going over capacity
Sincil Banks

Postby Sincil Banks » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:50 pm

Excellent, see you all there then :)
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:16 pm

I'll be flying toy spaceships round a pub in Bristol on Saturday so won't get my 5th Chaos Theory ;)

Hope you guys all have fun - last year's oxford SC was great - I even got sunburn while Becky took my corp apart...
MOON MONEY!

Return to “Oxford”