Oxford Store Championship - March 21st

Moderator: Brendan

Vapo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Oxford Store Championship - March 21st

Postby Vapo » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:27 pm

Apparently the Leamington-Banbury line is now fixed so I'm thinking about coming along to this - looking at train times there's one that gets in at 9.15. Google maps suggests it's not much more than a 5 minute walk to Thirsty Meeples from the station, I should be able to make it there for 9.30 right? (ok google says 10 mins but google thinks everyone walks at snail's pace) If the station is particularly labyrinthine it could be tight? Never been to Oxford before.
MasterAir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby MasterAir » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:30 pm

The station is pretty small. You shouldn't have a problem. I do think that the SC starts a little unreasonably early.
Oh that, don't worry about that, it's my negotiating tank.
pruneface

Postby pruneface » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:49 pm

Yeah, there's just one main exit to the station - outta the double doors and keep following the road in that direction, eventually you'll make it into town and gloucester green's on the left. Shouldn't take you more than 5-10 once you're outta the station door.

EDIT: LIES. It's at the Mitre. What the flip am I talking about.
Last edited by pruneface on Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The onesie was a legitimate tactical decision.
Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:55 pm

Brendan

Postby Brendan » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:07 pm

Oxford is tiny. A brisk walk from the station to the Mitre is 10 minutes. It's cutting it a bit fine given the deadline is 9.30 for sign in.
pruneface

Postby pruneface » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:21 pm

Agreed on Brendan, 10 mins is a bit tight, even at a jog. Quickest way is probs to walk straight from the station, through town, turn a right down cornmarket st, left at the top, and then the mitre's on the left (and the venue up some stairs on the right when you come in).
The onesie was a legitimate tactical decision.
Vapo

Postby Vapo » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:34 pm

Ah I hadn't realised it wasn't at the store! Hmm that is a bit tight. Looks like it might have to be the 7.30 train from New St then :/
ApeAsylum

Postby ApeAsylum » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:39 pm

@Vapo ill be getting on the train from leamington spa at 08:10am, so it lands in Oxford at 8:52am better safe then sorry.
Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:47 pm

Brendan assured me via steam today he'll be playing Nasir and Harmony Medtech on Saturday. Tech away all.
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:46 am

Frame Jobs and Data Dealers folks, Frame Jobs and Data Dealers. :-P
Oh that, don't worry about that, it's my negotiating tank.
stumpy_man

Postby stumpy_man » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:37 am

Hello everybody! Would anybody be able to lend me one SanSan for the tournament on Saturday? I'm a visiting student from the states so I'm trying to compile some cards to be able to play on Saturday, and Filip has generously offered to lend me what I need except I'm still in need of one SanSan. If anyone could let me borrow one for Saturday I would be most grateful and promise to take extra good care of it! :D Thanks!
ZomB

Postby ZomB » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:32 am

What is the parking situation?
whitechapel

Postby whitechapel » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:25 am

The Westgate Centre multi story is pretty close. There are also some paid spots on St Giles and there is the smaller Beaumont Street car park. No free parking around central Oxford that I know of.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:58 pm

Hello

Just wanted to wish good luck to all my Oxford fellows tomorrow as I shall not be there (to drag down their batting average.)

Hope all have fun etc.

-Guy
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:55 pm

MOON MONEY!
Pete

Postby Pete » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:09 am

I know there's no luck in NetRunner, but good luck today to all attending the Oxford SC.

Best wishes especially to The NeoReading Collective: it would amuse me mightily to see James and Joey and others run to victory on The Oxford Massive's home turf. Go go go James... I believe.
#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
whitechapel

Postby whitechapel » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:31 pm

Despite a pressing appointment with my tailor on Turl Street meaning I couldn't take part, I'm excited to hear the result. Is it over yet?

-w
ApeAsylum

Postby ApeAsylum » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:55 pm

even though i finished in 9th *wahhhhhhh* there was 1 game i really should have won, and 1 game i really should have lost (you know who you are *Industrial Ergonomics*). it was a great day! and congrats to everyone who took part. and Neil for winning!
Sincil Banks

Postby Sincil Banks » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:31 pm

Well played Neil, great result, congratulations dude!
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:41 pm

About time you won a Store Championship! Congratulations dude!
Vapo

Postby Vapo » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:57 pm

Cheers guys! Thanks to Thirsty Meeples for running & all who were there, I had a really enjoyable day and a load of fantastic games. I can't remember enough detail to do a full blow by blow report but I'll try to at least get decklists & highlights up in the tournament report section.

The rest of the top 4 was Seb in 2nd, Oli (specifically 'oxford Oli' since there were two there) in 3rd and Tim F in 4th.

Pete - Joey made top 8, we were both really chuffed to get through as the only 2 Valencia players in attendance, especially as it came just after we'd split our games both winning with her :)
Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:04 pm

Neil took a well deserved win in one of the latest SCs of the season against a hellishly tough crowd.

The final game, he played expertly, and from a spectator's eye view, looked like he made perfect decisions late in the day.
stumpy_man

Postby stumpy_man » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:30 pm

Congrats Neil! And thank you to Filip and everyone else who made the store championship happen. I had a great time. Thanks again to everyone who I borrowed cards from, it was a lot of fun to come from the States and play Netrunner in a different country. I'll focus on my 7-3 swiss performance instead of the 2 games I quickly lost to knock me out of the elims. :) You guys have a great meta and this was the toughest field of players I've had to play against in a tournament, and I was at GenCon this summer. Hopefully sometime I can play with some of you guys again whether that's at Thirsty Meeples sometime in the next month, online, or in the States if you're ever visiting.
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:03 pm

We meet every Monday evening in TM, so here's hoping to see you there.
Filip

Postby Filip » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:52 am

Will do a fuller report soon, but:
1. Neil
2. Seb
3. Ollie B
4. Tim
5. Michael
6. Joey
7. Casey
8. Gordon
9. Sam
10. Stuart
11. Barry
12. Brendan
13. Chris
14. James B
15. Rob
16. John
17. Ollie M
18. James N
19. Matt
20. Dan B
21. Nicola
22. Keith
23. Ben
24. Richard

Return to “Oxford”