Weekly Casual Meetup

Moderator: Brendan

Cerberus
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Weekly Casual Meetup

Postby Cerberus » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:41 pm

Eater flips the cards in archives but you don't access the shocks. This only occurs if it breaks a subroutine. But is a useful tool against IG
GuyCliquil
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby GuyCliquil » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:02 pm

Will anyone bring IG next week? I have made a modification or two to my Hayley deck.

Frustrationgly one is Tyson Observatory to try and bring the Archives Interface into play

The other is Net Shield to give me more time, and not force the trash on the first Bioethics commitee

Also put in a second Armitage - for sheer money gains that is a strong card,
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:45 pm

I think Net Shield fine. Tyson Observatory...eh....

I'll bring a better version next week.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:21 pm

I am not a big fan of it either, but an untutorable 1 off is just not viable. And with the problem with IG isn't its speed so the slowness of getting that Archive Interface isn't as big a deal so long as I can get it a little more reliably than I did.

Tempted to switch the Tyson for Trade In but would prefer to have something on the board I can Aesops.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:40 pm

GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:48 pm

Granted. I do need to be in a position to get that Archives Interface down sometime before the 20th turn.

Ugh, Hive does make things a pain in the arse. I think I need to adjust my plans so that I never feel like I have to pay the IG trash cost. That very much did NOT work on Monday. If that is the case I feel like I have the econ to get passed a Hive /Capriceif I have to - I do it to get into remotes all the time.
The Praetor of Jank
TED-DIE

Postby TED-DIE » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:03 am

The new spoilers are up and the Bazaar seems interesting. Is it possible to install a piece of hardware you can search for another copy with replicator, Install it with bazaar, search with replicator etc. so the consumer-grade can all be installed in one click?

The Crim deva doesn't seem too good as there aren't many pieces of ice that have one sub. But is this deva suite effective. >3 subtypes, >5rez cost and =1 sub.

Salsette slums will be the end to this IG domination I hope, with Whizzard and Imps and Archives Interface in faction.

Indian Union Stock Exchange seems good especially with the alliance cards. I don't know if Neutral cards are counted as Out of faction though?
"The Wünderkind"
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:45 pm

I have much the same thought on Salsette slums - I am hoping it just gives IG too problematic an Anarch match up. Not sure exactly where that leaves Corps to be fair - maybe some people will steal thing it is their best bet.

I don't think the Deva suite can pass mustard. I am going to play with their Shaper AI but more because I think it will be fun than any expectation that it will produce true gold.

I am going to skip tomorrow I think - might wait til Salsette Island is out to build new decks.

Also - I have already tried to make Indian Stock Exchange work out of Custom Biotics and it has not sung. I'm still tinkering but I think it'll be more cute than actually effective.
The Praetor of Jank
Nekader

Postby Nekader » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:26 pm

I'll be repping Whizzard and NEH. Think this is what I'm bringing for Regionals so may as well try and get them right now. Sorry for bringing the fun!

(Will have Noise and Palana also).
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:50 am

I'll be around tonight. As requested, I've got IG. I've also got NEH, Leela, and Noise.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:50 am

Why NEH over Palana out of interest? Is it asset spam NEH that keeps Whizzard busy? You've been on the receiving end of some horrific NEH games. Are they just variance?

Sorry for requesting IG and not being there! MY MISTAKE!
The Praetor of Jank
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:34 pm

Yeah, I'm curious Phil. You remarked to me a week or two ago that you've had terrible results with NEH of late.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:22 pm

As an aside I have, as promised, started to properly plan for Stockport. Have presumed Phil & Brendan are still on board with operation OXFORDSMASH (working title). Have seen if there are any Readin boyz who can even up our numbers.

I also ran into Pete today, who it seems like is planning to make it to Reading Regional! :D (i.e. the one tournament I can't! Wub warb)
The Praetor of Jank
Nekader

Postby Nekader » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:36 pm

Spoke to Brendan about this today. It's hard to explain but I think I've figured out that I am a Jinteki man through and through.

I'm off to repress to some clones.
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:43 pm

TED-DIE

Postby TED-DIE » Sun May 01, 2016 2:22 pm

When are people expecting to arrive tomorrow?
"The Wünderkind"
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Sun May 01, 2016 4:56 pm

I have pledged for 5pm
The Praetor of Jank
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Sun May 01, 2016 8:41 pm

Likewise, but I can aim for earlier if people will be around.
TED-DIE

Postby TED-DIE » Mon May 02, 2016 2:10 pm

Can't come tonight. Think it's going to be summer before I'm able to come.
"The Wünderkind"
Brightsides

Postby Brightsides » Mon May 02, 2016 3:12 pm

Hi guys,

I'm Sean, I came along last week. While my cards etc have arrived, I have run into the dual problems of transport, i.e. my bike has a flat tire, and I'm not sure how I'd manage to actually get all my bits and bobs down with me anyway.

So I'll have to miss this week, but I'll be there next week with some old-school decks for you to reminisce at and promptly destroy.
Nekader

Postby Nekader » Mon May 02, 2016 3:45 pm

Brightsides

Postby Brightsides » Sat May 07, 2016 3:43 pm

Right all the various pieces have arrived. I am playing with quite an eclectic mix of things at the moment. Core set + Order and Chaos. And 5 data packs: The Universe Of Tomorrow, Chrome City, Upstalk, First Contact and All That Remains.

No real rhyme or reason to my purchases there, but once I know what I enjoy playing I'll focus around packs that cater to that. And eventually just buy everything I'm sure.
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Mon May 09, 2016 10:37 am

I'll be along tonight with Sol and a 49 card IG deck. I've got Sil, Leela and Noise for running fun.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Mon May 09, 2016 1:29 pm

think I shall rest my brain after Saturday.

Incidentally how many points is one meant to get for a Timed win? I think I may have been duped out of a higher place! #Iwantthebellsomuchithurts
The Praetor of Jank
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Mon May 09, 2016 1:50 pm

A single point for a timed win, Guy.

Is anyone else coming tonight?

Return to “Oxford”