Weekly Casual Meetup

Moderator: Brendan

Brendan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Weekly Casual Meetup

Postby Brendan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:01 am

RomainFR2UK
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby RomainFR2UK » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:51 pm

GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:43 pm

Hey Pete! Sorry if that was me. I will try and keep my thoughts to myself if it was.

Unless you play against me with Spark, every time you rez a Pop Up I will "Pop Up" and give you unwarranted advice

Game wise I had a mostly good night. All good players and such like but I feel like I am stagnating a little,especially on runner side. I really like my Hayley deck and what it does, but I need to learn to be aggressive as well.

So, hivemind, what is the opposite of my Hayley deck. Tell me and I will build it for next week (probably). To my mind:

1 - Hayley remote snipes and builds.
2 - Hayley has a toolbox approach
3 - Hayley is slow.
4- Hayley runs as little as possible.

So we need something that is more deep digging, just ignores silver bullets, is fast and runs lots.

What fits?

Corp wise I quite like Blue Sun at the moment. But will probably return to Jinteki when I can - possible PU/PE .
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:12 pm

Have you ever played Gabe? Or Siphon Anarch?
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:12 am

Not sure if i have played Gabe. I gave Lara siphon Anarch a few times to play and helped her with that (including hat time I thought I had won and she worked out a way to get in anyway; bloody retrieval run for Yog to break into my remote *shakefist*)

Gabe is probably a good plan.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Pete

Postby Pete » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:40 am

#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
RomainFR2UK

Postby RomainFR2UK » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:50 am

GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:51 am

Leela is probably a good shout for many players. The only problem there, for me, is that I would lean on the ability and try and do more like Logos Leela. And I need to learn to love to run! :D

So Gabe it is. His ID will not reward me unless I run and run good and proper like, so there we are.

Alternatively Adam - he literally forces me to run! :D
The Praetor of Jank
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:58 am

And he does have a new Directive!
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:23 am

No. I've done my time. You can't make me go back.
The Praetor of Jank
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:48 am

I'm sure that's another quote from when you played Adam!
James M

Postby James M » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:59 pm

Brendan

Postby Brendan » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:15 pm

I didn't name names for a reason!
Pete

Postby Pete » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:13 am

RomainFR2UK

Postby RomainFR2UK » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:02 am

Pete

Postby Pete » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:15 am

If you have a phone and can do it then sure. I don't have access to a phone so I can't do it.
RomainFR2UK

Postby RomainFR2UK » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:17 am

3.4 people ? 5.6 ?
Pete

Postby Pete » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:40 am

It's just you and me right now. Anyone else?

I'll advertise on Slack too.
RomainFR2UK

Postby RomainFR2UK » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:44 am

booked for 4 people and I will ring if less by the end of the day
noahwp

Postby noahwp » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:02 pm

I'm afraid I can't make it tonight guys - I'm off on holiday for a week so will be seeing you again on the 31st!
Pete

Postby Pete » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:47 am

Pete

Postby Pete » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:51 am

GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:41 am

This is all very strange and inexplicable. Thanks, I think, but suspect generally this is a windup... in which case...a weird one?
The Praetor of Jank
Pete

Postby Pete » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:31 am

No worries Guy, let's do something else then, possibly nothing.

I did explicitly ask you if you were cool about doing this since I am sensitive to the fact that not everyone likes being the center of attention even briefly. We -- and by we I really mean me -- did a similar "Celebrate Someone" event a couple of years back with James 1.0: we had a very thematic Peppa Pig cake with candles and some hearty hurrahs, it was all very positive. Unfortunately James did scarper with cake in hand because he had another event to go to: that's what happens when you surprise people so I tried to head that off this time by confirming the "surprise" with you beforehand.

That particular "Celebrate Someone" event for James was prompted by the news that he was leaving our merry band of 'Runners. I was prompted to suggest this event because well, why wait for someone to leave to celebrate them? Guy is a treasured member of our band, his name is Guy, it's Guy Fawkes Night soon... it's like the universe is telling us to do this. Would the celebration have a silly aspect such as a Peppa Pig cake? Probably because I do like a good splash of silly as y'all know.

But no biggie man. I'm okay with not celebrating you... although it sounds kinda pants phrased like that :|
Pete

Postby Pete » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:36 am

Return to “Oxford”