Weekly Casual Meetup

Moderator: Brendan

Pete

Re: Weekly Casual Meetup

Postby Pete » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:44 pm

#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:48 pm

In more cheery news, thanks for the games tonight folk. (Even That Game was amusing in a fashion.)

Brendan continues to be missed -- we miss you Brendan! -- but I can grok the value of a break from the game to recharge one's batteries.

Evidently there's a Reading GNK tourney this weekend. I'm unlikely to attend but some folk are going so best of luck to you.
Pete

Postby Pete » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:30 am

Slack!

A coupla folk at last night's game didn't know about the existence of this resource. (Tabbi and Rahul.)

https://stimhackslackinvite.herokuapp.com/

Click on that link, register, and then join the #uk channel. A lot of the chat has moved from these boards to there so if you fancy hearing and chatting about UK NetRunner then that seems to be the place.

It's pretty high volume so I generally mute it :lol:
GuyCliquil
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby GuyCliquil » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:46 am

Hey Pete! As I said sorry we did not get to play last night.

I can appreciate your frustration with DLR; to me it is the runner equivilant of CTM/Hard Hitting News etc. It forces you to take a step back from playing the game you wanted to play and play their game somewhat. It also meant that at the height of their powers the decks they faced each gradually adjusted to deal with this. I know you don't want to play it again but if you ever find that you have to then you have 2 game plans; either you trash their setup (a lot easier now WNP is unique), or you score out. Never try and do both seems to be the order of the day.

As for myself it was a shorter session tonight because I was incredibly sleepy.

I played what has become my standard opponent of James in a couple of good games; Blue Sun vs his anti CTM Kate; think he just lacked the econ he needed and could not resist the temptation of an R&D I accidentally on purpose left open. He did make the right call on guessing I didn't have a 2nd Midseasons though! :P . Then it was just Gabe vs HB where I was able to leverage lucrative HQ runs into something else; I am more and more fond of the dog though as a choice in this deck. It is a massive influence save and encourages me to not keep running through the remote which is actually a losing strategy in and of itself. The usage of parasite is OK but I am not certain it is the very best thing I could have in the deck, I am almost tempted to import some draw as that seems to be the thing that I am lacking; Earthrise does some good and the single Fisk is nice in the right circumstance. Useful games though; I'd be interested to replay that match up and see whether I can cope with a more heavily defended or substantial more taxing HQ (especially before the new console comes out).

Then I played Tabbi and got to do the Hayley remote lock thing and the HB uber efficiency thing. Then we did her playing my Blue Sun as I played her Val and I just got ludicrously luck off R&D first game, then second game there was Medium running again for all the agendas. Defend your centrals! :P

Good to see such a high turnout as usual.

And Sean - I COMMAND YOU TO PLAY YOUR JANK! :D
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
TED-DIE
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby TED-DIE » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:39 pm

Thanks Pete.
"The Wünderkind"
Nekader

Postby Nekader » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:35 pm

These decks are always horrendous to play against until you figure out the proper response. I'm not saying you should crack out games against DLR, just that you shouldn't assume each game will be as horrendous as the first.
TR1S

Postby TR1S » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:23 pm

Anyone up for some games tomorrow night with myself and Romain?
James M

Postby James M » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:43 pm

Think i might pop in for a bit on Thursday, still trying to settle on a corp for Preston. Going to test some Blue Sun. Will be down about 7.30 after Football.
Pete

Postby Pete » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:02 pm

Brendan

Postby Brendan » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:26 am

Thanks Pete! I am looking forward to picking that up by asking if they have any reserved copies for 'Brenlactus, destroyer of worlds'.

I've been absent lately as I'm not finding anything that is both fun and playable against CTM and HB, and the meta is a bit dull right now (I don't really want to play Whizzard/Andy). I'm sure it will shift again soon!

As an aside, the Reading tournament happens on Saturday. James is working, so I will be acting as TO. I will/won't be playing depending on odd/even numbers of other participants. Turnout won't be as big as normal (I expect about 10-15 players), but it should still be a nice day for folks!
RomainFR2UK

Postby RomainFR2UK » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:30 am

I will be in Reading at 80% sure Saturday. Anyone for tonight ?
Juho

Postby Juho » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:59 am

Hi,

I'm new runner in this grid as i just moved in Oxford.
I am looking for casual games: my card pool is not complete and i am little bit rusty, because in last year i have not played very much at all.

I might come this evening if i am able to sleeve some decks.

At meeples they said that the netrunner evening is on Mondays. Is that right? Or are Thursdays more common?

/Juho
chewie

Postby chewie » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:29 pm

Hi Yuho monday is the netrunner night at thirsty's and currently some of the crew also meet up on thursdays for another slice.
@Brendan I've been in the same boat ever since CTM/hard hitting news came out. I used to find RP mildly annoying back in the day but CTM is another game all together. You basically have to tech against it or get hosed. HB not too sure how strong the new ID is but I know as ever "it's better than the Weyland one"
Must say another one of my current grievances with the game is that crim and weyland get laughably bad cards or NBN gets the good ones for Weyland.
Anyways the world championships are on today and tomorrow being shown on twitch friday for the last couple rounds and I think Ben dodgepong is going to try record the earlier matches today (probably from about half 3/4 o'clock our time). What predictions do people have for the winning decks and players etc?
Will it be DLR again? Combo Dyper BS? Will someone actually play OG netrunner?
Corp side will we see a combo deck out of NBN 24/7 boom? Is everyone taking HB to avoid all the CTM hate? Will cerebral imaging surprise everyone?
chewie

Postby chewie » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:42 pm

Actually no streaming today on twitch it's friday.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:44 pm

"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:59 pm

The Praetor of Jank
James M

Postby James M » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:12 pm

The winner will be a Reg Anarch Val runner and a yellow corp, not sure if it will be CTM or NEH, but one of them
TR1S

Postby TR1S » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:18 pm

Hey guys,

2 Tables booked for 7 under Pete and Tris. Come along if you are keen and have some games :)
noahwp

Postby noahwp » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:03 pm

What's the plan for tomorrow people? Who's going and what train are you getting?
noahwp

Postby noahwp » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:55 pm

Also Pete you should come! Quetzal doing well at worlds so you could bring that deck I know you love!!
Brightsides

Postby Brightsides » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:14 pm

I'm going, 9:00 train or so
Nekader

Postby Nekader » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:48 pm

Brightsides

Postby Brightsides » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:31 pm

noahwp

Postby noahwp » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:33 pm

starts at 11 so get the train at 9:29 and then go grab breakfast once we're there??
Nekader

Postby Nekader » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:33 pm

Sounds good. I'm in for 9.29.

Return to “Oxford”