Weekly Casual Meetup

Moderator: Brendan

RomainFR2UK
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Weekly Casual Meetup

Postby RomainFR2UK » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:14 pm

Pete

Postby Pete » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:00 pm

Last edited by Pete on Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
Pete

Postby Pete » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:01 pm

What news from Preston? I believe a bunch of Oxford folk were attending... did y'all win!?!
James M
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby James M » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:41 am

4 of us took the trip north, Phil, Romain, Tris and myself. I got up at 5.30 am on Saturday, against which there should be some sort of law, and drove everyone up. We had a lovely tour of some of the midland's and north west's finest service stations, cos one didn't have petrol (you had 1 job!) and then Romain needed a wee after having had 2 opportunities to have one...

Saturday was Dice and Donuts, I think Tris narrowly missed the cut at 6-2 (strong field) and the rest of us were around even. I got pretty unlucky in one and made a silly mistake in another but overall 4-4 was cool. Dave Whittaker won the event with CTM and I think it was Wiz.

Sunday was harlequins. We slightly messed up the start time and ended up getting there about 90 mins before the action started, plenty of time to play some warm up games. My first round game was against someone playing apocalypse Nasir of all things. Luckily i managed to keep him down with my 2 ressed resistors and nothing else :) Tris narrowly missed the cut again at 5-3 and Phil and I topped Swiss at 6-2 each.

Into the cut, i was paired against Alice Rees whom I boomed in about 5 turns due to a wonderful opening hand of almost everything i needed. Phil was up next in the winners final and he was 1 turn away from winning when i snagged 4 points with an indexing to take the game.

In the final i was corping against a temujin/obelus wizard. he got his meat dmg protection down early but I managed to hold him off and avoid the medium digs while he burned through his deck. In the end I managed to boom him twice in 3 turns to take the win! looking back, i probably made a mistake or two earlier in the game which gave him a bit of a reprieve, but I'm delighted to have won my first ever Store Champs :)

Then i had to drive back for 3 hours in the rain and only got to bed about 12.30. Very long weekend, but ultimately a lot of fun.

Not sure I'll make it tonight, pretty tired right now, might change my mind later though :)
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:32 pm

Bravo James! Glad you're maintaining the Oxford triumphs. It's very satisfying to see our little team fighting its corner with such success.

I am planning on attending tonight. Hope not everyone is too burned out from the weekend!
Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:29 pm

Brightsides

Postby Brightsides » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:29 pm

I'll be down shortly, no change in decks as a. I haven't bought Intervention yet and b. I had no time for deckbuilding this weekend :(

Some good* ideas will arrive in the coming weeks though :D

* By good I mean pretty damn awful, but I thought it would be fun when I threw it together at 1 am on a Saturday.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:34 pm

Can someone bring down a spare of Eater?

I can only find 2 in my collection
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Pete

Postby Pete » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:41 am

I am on stream! Well, . Lots of beard tugging there, I've got to stop doing that. (That said, it is pretty damn sexy so I might keep on doing it.)

If you can watch me bid 0 for a psi-game! The commentator is "Mmm, what do you bid here?" Simon is thinking it through and I've already palmed 0 credits :lol:

In the end I came . The player who swept me in the last round ended up coming 9th so I wouldn't have made the Top 8 in any case.

I wonder if this result makes me one of the top Exile players in the UK? :lol:
James M

Postby James M » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:10 am

Maybe not the best, but you're in the top 1
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:56 am

Pete

Postby Pete » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:41 pm

Pete

Postby Pete » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:53 pm

Rotage

Postby Rotage » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:50 pm

Aldershot - Where the streets are paved with scorch

Swiftie - You will got to the special hell for taking Dyper to a 4 person event
Pete

Postby Pete » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:07 am

RomainFR2UK

Postby RomainFR2UK » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:54 am

Play in Meeples tonight for those who are in the mood, start 7.00 but could be 6.00
Rotage

Postby Rotage » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:46 pm

Nekader

Postby Nekader » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:00 am

Some things:

I am convinced that Shaper is the best runner faction as of this particular moment.

... But I'm still going to play Val.

Runner jank is go! But... Corp jank is complicated and difficult to imagine. Ideas?

Preston was a fantastic weekend. Got stomped on the Saturday in a series of games where literally every game came down to the credit. Awesome fun. Really should've beaten James the next day but Indexing absolutely wins games.

Great to watch your games Pete! They popped up in my Youtube subscription area alongside a newly published series on Sea Turtles. I'm not saying there's a connection but it might be something to consider.

Is there a GNK in Aldershot this weekend? I have a new Val build I'd like to wreck.

En Passant is the best 52nd card ever. Shame I only run 50.
Rotage

Postby Rotage » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:20 am

Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:00 am

James M

Postby James M » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:56 am

I'll be down tonight, I'll primarily be playing a couple of fun Andy and Palana decks, but i will have the Kate and Sync with me if anyone wanted any games against them.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:36 am

I am down this evening with an unorthodox Hayley and... *vomits a litte*.... New Angeles Sol.

I have a card I want to play, and I have found no deck I can play it in even remotely except an NBN deck.

I also have lara's Omar and PE from last week if I feel like taking them for a spin.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
chewie

Postby chewie » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:53 am

I'll be along too I'll bring a couple of competitive decks like CTM and Smoke if anyone wants to play them but tbh i find them really boring. I'm gonna try out some janky ideas with Adam and some form of Weyland maybe Gagarin there's been some new Weyland cards that I should atleast sleeve up the once followed by swiftly putting them back in the box!
TR1S

Postby TR1S » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:15 pm

I will also be along this evening. I am taking a break from Siphon Whizz (though I will have it with me if anyone is desperate to get some game time against it), and will be bringing Smoke and Andy. Otherwise its CTM, & HB because I like them and no one can tell me different.

Also, if you want to check out the decks I took to the Charity gift, they are available with write-ups here:

https://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/391 ... ft-ii-2nd-

https://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/391 ... ft-ii-2nd-

Also James, if you give me your Netrunnerdb Account name then I can add a credit to the Hayley deck :)
RomainFR2UK

Postby RomainFR2UK » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:36 pm

To me It is MaxX (roman's made) and CTM or Jinteki regarding the opponent deck

Return to “Oxford”