Weekly Casual Meetup

Moderator: Brendan

Brendan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Weekly Casual Meetup

Postby Brendan » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:44 pm

Yeah, saw and immediately emailed them. I did cancel before, honest! I guess the email just got lost in the ether.
Vapo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Vapo » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:48 pm

Don't worry about it, Waylands are painfully technophobic so I'm sure the fault is their end! Apparently they've just hired a friend of a friend who actually understands the internet (and plays netrunner!) so hopefully things will improve soon.
chewie

Postby chewie » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:07 pm

I was in Thirsty Meeples today and someone has left a team covenant virus token there - probably Pete or Seb's they have it behind the counter.
Pete

Postby Pete » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:04 pm

It may be mine; I'm pretty tonk when it comes to remembering to grab stuff like tokens, decks, coats.

I'll grab when next in TM unless someone else does. Of all the TC tokens, the virus token is the design I care for least. It's hard to see and unless one ordered ~20 of 'em they're near darn useless. Seb smashed me with a 21-token Medium dig the other week: who the heck has 21 virus tokens? (Not me: I just shook my head and then shook the hand of my better.)

Dice. That's where it's at so far as virus tokens go.
#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
chewie

Postby chewie » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:04 pm

Pete

CHOO CHOO

Postby Pete » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:53 am

EvilGaz is NEH. James recently kicked me in the Jacksons with NEH. Becky "Crusher" has long championed NEH.

What better time to jump on the NEH bandwagon? I'm only ~6 months late to the party but hey, I just started growing a hipster beard so that lag time is nothing new.

I will be there this evening packing my trusty Ken deck and a shiny new AstroHub! The future is blue and yellow, I spit it out, in your face, givin' you a taste...
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:47 am

Sob. Why Pete, why?!

I couldn't figure out what deck to build, despite trying. So I brought all the Anarch cards! (And a fair few others.) Hopefully inspiration will strike me before this evening so I can figure out a new Anarch deck.

My three projects are: Incubator (with Hivemind?), Power Nap in MaxX, and Virus Breeding Ground. I want these cards to work so badly. I just can't get a deck (that isn't Seb's one-turn-kill) to function.
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:53 am

If you build a list with Power Nap and MaxX, I'd be interested to have a look. See how it compares to mine. I think it can be pretty good. Xenasis' list for MEGARUN MaxX is hilarious, but I think it's pretty far from finished. I'm wary of combo decks, while there a neat intellectual exercise, I'm not sure it makes for that fun a game. Incubator basically means you're trying to win all at once, I think.
Oh that, don't worry about that, it's my negotiating tank.
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:57 am

Seb was running a very similar list at Reading's Store Tournament several weeks ago - and I'm told it won the Aldershot store tournament piloted by a certain Mr Reid, who was inspired by being utterly demolished by it. ;)

Incubator probably means deep dig. That doesn't mean winning all at once.
pruneface

Postby pruneface » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:55 pm

The onesie was a legitimate tactical decision.
Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:57 pm

Brendan

Postby Brendan » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:13 am

This is awesome. I just posted as Pete.

Pete, im in ur servers hacking ur accnt!
Pete

Postby Pete » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:14 am

Hau u do yhis/.!? HALP I HAZ BEEN HAXKZORED!!!!
Pete

Postby Pete » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:15 am

LOL my post is gone. Is Roy Keane's smiling mug really that offensive? :lol:

Edited to add back in calling out the awesome Team Norwich community!

In other news we had some visiting NetRunners from Norwich join us in Thirsty Meeples this evening, Hazel and Rufus! Top banana players with great banter and decks. Hazel was handing out sweets and Rufus gave away a spare alt art Chaos Theory ID to one of us that wasn't going to be able to attend an SC. Good stuff Team Norwich!
Last edited by Pete on Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:17 am

im a real haxxor!
Pete

Postby Pete » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:19 am

Nobody does Bayesian statistics and Laplace transforms like you do Brendan! You rock!

Richard Stallman salutes you! At least, he does until you tell us all that you are a vi user.

0xDEADBEEF!!!1!
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:33 am

emacs for life!

I've no idea how all this crazy forum stuff happened, by the way. I blame Chimpster.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:18 am

Harsh but fair.
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:33 am

Memstrips deserves a chance. Memstrips.
Andy G

Postby Andy G » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:39 am

Top nights running was had by all.

First off big props to the Norwich crew, who showered me in credits, virus's and brain damage and very kindly gave me an alt art CT. Thanks guys you are great.

Highlights of the night included

Medium digging for 4 against Jinteki black tree with no cards in hand hoping to find the winning agenda and not something nasty......and I found an agenda that didn't kill me.

Also watching Hazel trash 5 San San's in one match at over inflated prices, thanks Encryption protocols and interns.

Good luck to everybody for the store champs

Andy
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:00 pm

My favourite part of the night (other than Pete's happy smile as he finally, after four scorches, managed to flatline my Quetzal) was running into Komainu with three cards in hand, getting hit by a House of Knives, running into a Komainu, and hitting a Fetal AI and a Shock! with a six Medium dig, and living to tell the tale. Sorry Hazel! It's just I've Had Worse.

I also borrowed Pete's Ken deck and took it for a spin. Man, it's like driving a some sort of fast sports car of popular brand, compared to all these sluggish Shaper and Anarch decks I keep running. It makes me think I should play some Criminal...
Pete

Postby Pete » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:49 pm

I had a stack of sweet moments on the night.

Slamming down a double Account Siphon on Blue Sun to bring Rufus to 1 measly credit felt great and I was all set to hammer the heck out of R&D... until he bounced back an Ice Wall and scored a gestating High Risk Investment in a remote that I was locked out of. My tears flowed, much butthurt.

:lol:

Double Scorching Stuart -- "who the heck splashes Scorch in NBN?!" -- then Chris and then Brendan was sweet. I would've Double Scorched Rufus but he was packing both Plascretes *and* I've Had Worse, hee hee.

Brendan took my Ken deck for a spin -- it was late at night and I just couldn't face the thought of squaring off against his Blue Sun -- and given that he knew my NEH deck was a meat damage machine it was great to see him masterfully play around it, always just staying ahead of the Midseasons.

I also met Chris and Guy properly -- as in, I remembered their names, good times :D
chewie

Postby chewie » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:24 pm

Had a good time too last night getting 6 agenda points against Pete and Guy goes you've only drawn 2 cards so far! Mind you shortly after that comment I got double scorched and was like da fuuuuuuu!!! Serves me right for not ditching those siphon tags. Thought i'd be safe against neh (lesson learned)
Didn't have much luck with Leela.
NEH was standard brutality, well until Pete indexed me then makers eyed me for god knows how many agenda points gg!
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:44 pm

Hello.

This is Guy.

I did not know this was here. I do now.

I just want to second/third/fourth the approval of the Norwich visitors. Partly for giving me my first Netrunner victory at Thirsty Meeples with a deck I actually created. Particularly as it was a victory that was presented by the hands of fate on a plate so nicely that those knitting ladies put the knapkin around my neck and cut up the food on the plate as well.

Maker's Eye into Government Contracts and The Cleaners(i think it was the Cleaners, was a 3 pointer in any case). Was horrendously unjust to be on the receiving end I imagine as a double Punitive was there with my name on it. That was also only the second run of the game. And it was a long game.

Thank you all for being so pleasant to a player somewhat below your playing level (never has the word "somewhat" been used quite so generously) & I look forward to further games.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:18 pm

It turns out this Monday is the second of the mini-tournaments Filip promised us. I'm just confirming on Facebook that is the case....

Return to “Oxford”