Weekly Casual Meetup

Moderator: Brendan

Brendan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Weekly Casual Meetup

Postby Brendan » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:08 pm

That's very exciting. I haven't been stomped by Becky in ages.
chewie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby chewie » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:41 pm

I'll be along too with some janky decks to try out. Chaos theory being one (gotta be done with that new alt art) also gonna try out a gagarin deck with some serious asset spammage, think there's 20 + in there. I'll bring noiseshop/grail RP for something diffferent to try out too :)
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:34 pm

I am also coming. I'm being slightly less interesting than some (all) of you at the moment as I am trying to refine my Exile :geek: and...er....whatever corp I decide I can try and play (at the moment Blue Sun) in time for my Netrunner friend who just wants a sidekick can drag me to every tournament under the sun and I won't suffer a 100% humiliation rate.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:16 pm

Oh Guy, I am going to smoke you like a mythical cannibal smokes the shrunken heads of his enemies. (In a hut. Slowly.) Every time I beat you -- and by "beat" I really mean "whip like a mule" -- I am going to treat you to my a cappella rendition of Survivor's Eye of the Tiger... the long play version, the one that goes on for 14 minutes.

If you beat me, I will of course say that I was just joking about the whole "whipped mule" thing and then dash off to the loo to cry hot tears into the triple-ply.

Man, I loves me some NetRunner-style trash-talking. Please make an effort tonight lads. (And that whole "I let my decks do the talking" chatter is weak.)

:P
#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:44 pm

Pete, As it used to say on my homemade Plascrete Carapace cards (until I "acquired" some through victories).... "Come at me bro".

And please, my great aunt Matilda could do better Netrunning and trashtalk than that, and she runs a Professsor Deck without any tutors*

*Cue Seb, Brendan & others preparing such a deck and beating me with it.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:40 pm

GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:34 am

You are too kind Pete!

My enduring image will be running at Brendan's Government Takeover, that was obviously a Government Takeover... and yet I couldn't not run...

The Praetor of Jank
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:22 pm

I even had to change the ice to lure you in. It took a lot more doing than I thought it would.
Pete

Postby Pete » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:47 pm

Brendan, are you going to the casual Reading tourney in a couple of weeks? My uh, "friend" needs to know because if you are he (or she) will begin preparing the next set of posts taunting The NeoReading Collective.

Is anyone else attending? I'll go if anyone else is going, but I'll skip it if it's just me.

Also, BECKY RETURNED!!1!!! :D
Pete

Postby Pete » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:50 pm

Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:46 pm

pruneface

Postby pruneface » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:16 pm

The onesie was a legitimate tactical decision.
whitechapel

Postby whitechapel » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:16 pm

I guess it says something about the Netrunner meta that you can have a 4 month break (?) from the game and the 2 strongest decks are still the two strongest decks!
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:44 pm

I'm not sure that's true; Andysucker is strong but has fallen dramatically out of favour, and TWIY Astrobiotics has been supplanted by NEH in every way.

Don't worry; The Valley should shake things up. ;)
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:57 pm

Its worth noting as well that that deck had been refined with at least a Lady which came out at the end of last year, so it ain't exactly old as the hills!
The Praetor of Jank
Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:25 pm

Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:59 am

I'm coming tonight with some blistering block-rocking decks featuring everyone's favourite racist -- er, whut? -- Kim and Chimpster's NBN Tagstorm.

The Kim deck is one I've netdecked from Dan: assemble a rig, do multi-access runs via Medium and Nerve Agent. I must confess to piloting this poorly and feeling plenty butthurt by Inject "always" trashing "all" my breakers. I will give it another whirl, playing the board state a little more cautiously.

I'm enjoying NBN -- so many new cards that I've not played with previously -- but I dunno that I'm enjoying Tagstorm. Once folk know it has a secondary win condition of meat damage they seem to play around it easily enough by prudently staying ahead of the Midseason's trace. The ICE is porous and it's another deck I am struggling to pilot with any assurance. I'll keep plugging away.

Cya there @~6PM.
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:42 am

I think it's really important to appreciate that Inject is for early game when you're setting up, or for late game when you don't care programs get trashed because you've got the rig you want.

I agree with Tagstorm. It is very hard to play against if you don't know you're playing against it. But once people know what's up, it can be hard to get the consistent money and Midseasons and flatline threat in time against a good runner deck.

I'll be there tonight of course!
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:49 am

I'm there tonight too! Woohoo! Trains are back. Claire has given me the night off.

I've got GRNDL, HB, Ed and CT.

I think Oxford might be a bad meta for my GRNDL, but I'm keen to give it a go. I'm thinking of taking it to at least one of the Regionals I'm going to.

See you after work. I'll probably be there about 5.30.
Oh that, don't worry about that, it's my negotiating tank.
whitechapel

Postby whitechapel » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:56 am

I should be there 7-30pm ish. NBN and Stealth Andy (tier 2) and Blue Sun & Valencia (tier 3-4).

-w
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:42 am

Alright folks, as well as being the one who knocks im also the one who enjoys travelling about to play some netrunner. Was thinking of making a visit to Oxford at some point, whats the night you usually get together? Any GNK's on the horizon?
Memstrips deserves a chance. Memstrips.
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:51 am

Monday Nights. Casual play from after work until 10 ish.

Recently there have been monthly mini-tournaments on the second Monday of each Month. The next one is on 13th April. I'm not sure how ongoing this will be. I haven't managed to get to either of the first two.

Would be good to have you.
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:02 am

Memstrips deserves a chance. Memstrips.
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:19 am

I think it kicks off at 7. 3 rounds of Swiss. If folk get there a bit early there's a warm up game or 2.

Here's the Facebook event if you're the sort of person who deals with Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/events/840173559354793/
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:53 am

I shall be there tonight.

I am bringing, thanks to the kind donations, a Chaos Theory deck which looks like this:

And a Jintek deck I hope looks like this:

I would trash talk with Pete, as he has previously demanded, but I always think it is best to quit whilst one is ahead. And since I am, massively ahead, it would be amiss of me to point that out. :P
The Praetor of Jank

Return to “Oxford”