Weekly Casual Meetup

Moderator: Brendan

Pete

Re: Weekly Casual Meetup

Postby Pete » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:42 pm

Juho wrote:It seems little hard to continue to reboot my netrunner hobby...
My card collection was destroyed by water leak.

I'm happy to gift you my NetRunner collection for the grand sum of a donation of whatever amount you see fit to whatever charity you like. It's complete 'til the ~3rd datapack of this current cycle and has a good wodge of alt-art cards too if you're into that kind of thing.

I like NetRunner and all but I'm not interested in the collection side of things and the faff that comes with deckbuilding. Rather selfishly I know that if I fancy a game I can pop along to Thirsty Meeples and play with other folks' decks. Nobody is going to say "You freeloading bastard!" to me when I beat them with the fruit of their own labour :lol: ::koff::

Ping me on here if that's cool. I'll drop the folders off at TM and you can pick 'em up at your leisure. And if it's not cool, no worries.
#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:54 am

Sorry... Just picturing Pete playing with my decks now... hating every card he draws :lol:
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Pete

Postby Pete » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:23 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wait, hold on...

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Juho

Postby Juho » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:51 pm

Pete wrote:I'm happy to gift you my NetRunner collection for the grand sum of a donation of whatever amount you see fit to whatever charity you like.

This was most unpredictable answer and I was not looking anything like this at all.

Now I have very mixed feelings:
I am very sad that there is so many players (around world, it seems) leaving game. At the same time I am very happy and grateful that you want to donate your collection.

I cant help it, but I feel like I'm trying to step in big boots of veteran player. But then again, its just the same sadness of decreasing player base.

So, Ping! It's cool!

/Juho
Pete

Postby Pete » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:07 pm

I'll pop into Thirsty Meeples intermittently next week and drop off a folder full of cards each time. There's 4 folders, one big binder, and a couple of sleeved decks.

I don't feel like I'm leaving the game. I'm just leaving the collection side of things that I find boring. I like playing NetRunner... but only for short bursts at a time followed by lengthy holidays. It's rubbish that the cards sit there doing nothing while I'm not on a NetRunner play burst.

Happy playing Juho!
Juho

Postby Juho » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:04 pm

Pete wrote:I don't feel like I'm leaving the game.

:)

Pete wrote:Happy playing Juho!

:) :) :)
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:11 am

Hello all.

I will be down today with Jes, Sil & HB. I also have Lara decks with me in case she feels like showing (Omar and PE).

I also have had confirmation from Meeples that they have a GNK ... er... kit for us (I can't think how to express this without resorting to a PIN number situation but... meh).

When do we want to arrange to have our GNK? I am thinking some time in February?

13th?

20th?
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
James M

Postby James M » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:37 am

huzzah!

don't mind, any time is cool for me. New kit? mushin and sunny?

I'll be down tonight. I'm generally set on Kate for Aldershot, but I have 2 different flavours I'm torn between, erring slightly towards the one i had last week, with a couple of tweaks.
Corp wise, i quite like the operation based HB i have at the mo, ill be bringing that down with me tonight too.

see ya'll around 6
Brightsides

Postby Brightsides » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:47 pm

Ah James, we forgot to ask, would Guy and I be able to get a lift to Aldershot?
Rotage

Postby Rotage » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:22 am

GuyCliquil wrote:I also have had confirmation from Meeples that they have a GNK ... er... kit for us (I can't think how to express this without resorting to a PIN number situation but... meh).

When do we want to arrange to have our GNK? I am thinking some time in February?

13th?

20th?

Not sure if it was intentional but those dates are Fridays is that right?
Aldershot - Where the streets are paved with scorch

Swiftie - You will got to the special hell for taking Dyper to a 4 person event
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:28 pm

Sorry - I should have specified February!

We had some further discussions about this and an alternate format has been floated. My instinct was that people might not want to do an alternative format as that is what we did last time, but on advice I will see what people feel like.

1 - A 1-1-1-1 format again.

Tris suggested
Players can deck build (corp AND runner) using
1 Core Set
1 Big Box
1 Data Pack
And 1 runner card and 1 corp card (can include a full playset of them) from any additional data pack

2 - A Two stream "Nomination" Tournament

Tris also suggested something, which I have modified.

Players can volunteer to enter the "nomination" stream for this tournament. Where the community as a whole picks the IDs they must use for the tournament. It is intended that our more seasoned players would do this, where our greener bretheren could bring what they are used to.

3 - A normal tournament.

With normal rules and stuff
The Praetor of Jank
Nekader

Postby Nekader » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:30 pm

[quote="James M"][/quote]
Second Sean in querying transport. Happy to get the train if someone else need a lift more.
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:02 pm

I was going to fix your quote, but then I realised I have no idea what's going on here...
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:45 pm

Phil is quoting Sean but not needing any words so just sort of leaving it there.
The Praetor of Jank
Nekader

Postby Nekader » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:08 pm

Brendan wrote:I was going to fix your quote, but then I realised I have no idea what's going on here...

That was a disaster of a post in general. Going to leave it for posterity.
James M

Postby James M » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:11 pm

Think I'll skip tonight, need to do some other stuff unfortunately. stupid life :)
Brightsides

Postby Brightsides » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:06 pm

I'll be down, no oppressive Reina deck though, ran out of time to build and test it
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:51 pm

I will be down this evening.

As an aside Simon at meeples has noticed that our turnout is a bit variable. In an ideal world if people want to give an indication of F-Book or here if they are coming or not and I notice a rather large turnout I can speak to him during the afternoon and try and reserve some extra tables.

That said, absolutely people should turn up unannounced if they have not been able to give us a heads up.
The Praetor of Jank
Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:59 pm

Cheers for the games tonight chummers!

It was fun playing with everyone else's decks. All the fun of NetRunner, none of the tedious deckbuilding, sleeving, collecting, sorting: I'm only disappointed that I didn't try this sooner. I'm happy to pay the TM cover charge for anyone that let's me play with their decks on the night I pop in. That suits me just fine. I'm rather looking forward to the surprise of whatever decks other folk will bring along for me to play with.

:lol:

I played 3 super games with Tris. (Not to be confused with Tr1s.) I had the pleasure of wondering what cards I was about to draw coupled with some fine play and banter from Tris. Good to see everyone again including my NetRunner-bae-in-a-manly-way (it rhymes!) Romain.

@Juho: I dropped off all my player cards; big purple folder. I'll bring the corp ones next week.
TED-DIE

Postby TED-DIE » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:26 pm

Pete wrote:I'm rather looking forward to the surprise of whatever decks other folk will bring along for me to play with.

All the surprises... ;)
"The Wünderkind"
Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:45 am

I am coming to this tonight chummers!

I will be laden down with all of my Runner cards in 3 neat folders. The only thing I'm going to keep is my stylish ReadOx playmat 'cos it has associations with good memories. (Especially of fun bath times with Guy... oh, the shared jug!)

I won't have any decks with me. If folk have "spare" decks with 'em that I might use on the night that'd be great. (If folks don't have any spare decks... I guess I will walk home #sadviolin #sob) As mentioned, I'm happy to pay the Thirsty Meeples cover charge of whoever's decks I use the most.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:44 pm

Yes Pete!

Did you know a random ID tournament is coming Pete?

Did you?

If you want to come then I will commit the meta as a whole to making sure whatever random ID is drawn.... WE WILL MAKE SURE DECKS ARE MADE FOR IT
The Praetor of Jank
Pete

Postby Pete » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:41 pm

I did not know this.

I folks don't mind making me two decks for the random IDs that I get... then hey-nonny-no, random me the heck up!

P.S. If I get Exile I am gonna flip this table :lol:
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:13 am

Pete Douglas is....

Nero Severn: Information Broker

&

Harishchandra Ent.: Where You're the Star

---

OK people. Who wants to volunteer to help make Pete decks? My own collection is being stretched a little thin at the moment, especially Criminal wise, as I am making for both Geist and Khan at the tournament.

If nobody else volunteers though.... I will take the wheel gladly! :D
The Praetor of Jank
Pete

Postby Pete » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:38 am

I'm happy with those :D

Return to “Oxford”