Weekly Casual Meetup

Moderator: Brendan

Pete

Re: Weekly Casual Meetup

Postby Pete » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:19 am

Sounds good; I'll be at Thirsty Meeples from ~6:20 then.

I suggested Thursday so that it might be more open to other folks: I appreciate that Brendan is busy on Wednesday night. (Do you still have fencing on Thursday night?)

Let's be 'avin' you!
#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
Pete

Postby Pete » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:21 am

noahwp
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby noahwp » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:04 am

Ah Pete, that Vanilla against your Knifed was sweee-eeeet! A moment I will treasure for many a year.

I'd be keen for some Thursday 1111 action!
Brightsides
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Brightsides » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:16 pm

Sorry I wasn't there yesterday guys, Korfball season has begun yet again, so I find myself "shudder" doing exercise!

I know it goes against the spirit of geekdom and Netrunner to be fit and healthy, so I will compensate by attending what nights I can make with additional vigour :D

And stupid decks, lots of those as well.
Pete

Postby Pete » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:27 pm

noahwp

Postby noahwp » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:30 pm

Pete

Postby Pete » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:02 am

When is the next datapack coming out? I'm hungry to unleash my inner Omar!
RomainFR2UK

Postby RomainFR2UK » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:30 am

Rotage

Postby Rotage » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:02 am

Aldershot - Where the streets are paved with scorch

Swiftie - You will got to the special hell for taking Dyper to a 4 person event
Pete

Postby Pete » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:50 am

Gosh, Guy's 1-1-1-1 format really forces some hard choices.

Deck building is not my thang but, as was the case for the jank tourney, as a one-off exercise it's entertaining.

That we have to use the same big box and datapack for both Runner and Corp is wicked. I've thrown all my early thoughts away and gone Criminal. As such, my Corp is going to be Jinteki. So many of the tools for Jinteki PE are spread across a million datapacks, so I don't feel I can go there with any measure of confidence. Psi-game cards are likewise spread out so Nisei Division seems... not good. (Happy to see someone prove otherwise on the night.) I might plump for RP, but that means using the fruit of that datapack for the Runner as well... it ain't great.

Only 1 Desperado in the one Core Set that we're allowed leaves me feeling nekkid without my comfort blanket of 3xDesperados. Swingy impact Criminal cards like Legwork are in the big box but others like Emergency Shutdown ain't. Security Testing only feels okay without the support of Masanori and 3xDesperado.

I am kinda wishing that Guy was more brutal (!) and hadn't made Plascrete and Jackson "free." It'd force moar (sic) harderer (sic) choices.

Fun! What other agonies are folk going through? Or are y'all srs players who won't share until decks are revealed on the night?
RomainFR2UK

Postby RomainFR2UK » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:05 am

Morning guys....

I won't make it tonight unfortunately, birthday surprise. I i still lack in expansions and data packs for tonight.

Guess I see you all on Monday :ugeek:

Enjoy all !

PS: If anything happen for a play saturday or sunday, I might be in in case where.
noahwp

Postby noahwp » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:38 am

Ach Romain that is a shame, but enjoy the surprise!

Pete - you know get the ID for free so you don't have to take Trace Amount to play RP. You still planning to be around this eve?

Yeah singleton consoles is really an issue, as is econ...
Pete

Postby Pete » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:59 am

noahwp

Postby noahwp » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:27 am

GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:02 am

IDs unrestricted.

I don't want to stop people playing Laramy.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Pete

Postby Pete » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:17 pm

Brendan

Postby Brendan » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:36 pm

Noise is pretty rough with a single core set!

And I've no idea what you even do with NEH with only a single SanSan.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:45 pm

Maxxx? Really? When I have a chance to play a Copycat deck?!

For shame
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Pete

Postby Pete » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:55 pm

Brightsides

Postby Brightsides » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:40 pm

Pete

Postby Pete » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:43 pm

A wild panda appears!

Not only did Noah and I have some corking games of NetRunner tonight... we also met a bona fide NetRunner celebrity! Yea, none other than Paula "Pandalion" made an appearance. Also appearing was Top 8 Regional Cutter Fentonizer!

1-1-1-1-wise my Gabe deck feels good. I did feel the pinch of a lack of draw... no Earth Rise Hotel, no Mr. Li, no Symmetrical Visage, no Masanori. The spash of a Deja Vu to make up for the lack of a third Siphon proved a good choice. I reckon I'll stick with Gabe for Monday.

I always knew that my 6-Agenda Mushin Rush Harmony Medtech was going to be high variance. So it proved with the Agendas flooding out of R&D. #fml Noah did have a rocking Palana though which has most of the same cards in it so I'll almost certainly switch to that.

I would reveal Noah's choice of decks but since everyone else is being so schtum I won't. All I'll say is that I'm so glad I packed those Plascretes. Thanks for the games Noah, you rock! Also, magnets!

Laters!
noahwp

Postby noahwp » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:04 am

Thanks for the games Pete! They were indeed excellent games :D I'll DM you the Palana list to peruse.

See you all Monday!
RomainFR2UK

Postby RomainFR2UK » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:50 pm

Yosh everybody !

Quick question and I am sure that the answer is somewhere but easy way is to ask so :

Amy restrictions on agendas for 1.1.1.1 ? I mean can we use agendas from more than 1 data pack for example ?

thx in advance :ugeek: :mrgreen:
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:34 pm

Agendas are as restricted as other cards so must be from the core set, your selected deckbox, your selected datapack or be your special 1 off card choice.
The Praetor of Jank
chewie

Postby chewie » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:00 pm

Wow kinda struggling with making 2 decks with the same set limitations anyone up for some playtesting later today or tomorrow on jnet?

Return to “Oxford”