Weekly Casual Meetup

Moderator: Brendan

Rotage
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Weekly Casual Meetup

Postby Rotage » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:52 am

Aldershot - Where the streets are paved with scorch

Swiftie - You will got to the special hell for taking Dyper to a 4 person event
RomainFR2UK
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby RomainFR2UK » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:31 am

Reading....Rhyme with good spanking :shock:

Really nice people there, well organised, could see couple of strong decks and felt the pain within.

Hopefully I've learnt many things and could receive some good pointers from my fellow netrunner player. So, yesterday night, I've been blessed by the heavens and experienced enlightment...

Brand new deck was born... With a first name on Null's MWL... PETE was engraved on it. :twisted:
Pete

Postby Pete » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:42 am

#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
RomainFR2UK

Postby RomainFR2UK » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:23 pm

James M

Postby James M » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:18 am

Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:44 am

GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:45 am

Ooops, bought a version of my new tinkerings that doesn't really work on reflection. Its in NBN, should be in Weyland. Oh well!
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:12 am

noahwp

Postby noahwp » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:11 pm

RomainFR2UK

Postby RomainFR2UK » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:21 pm

I look for players in midweek too ! Once a week is definitely not enough to satisfy my greed about netrunner.

Let me know where and when :twisted:

Pete... I'm ready for tonight.. you will realise soon that you are the past and I am the future (perfect) :ugeek:

Last edited by RomainFR2UK on Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James M

Postby James M » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:29 pm

i will be down for 6ish, probably only have time for a couple of games tho
Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:16 pm

RomainFR2UK

Postby RomainFR2UK » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:45 pm

Nexy monday won't be the same Pete !

I will win both :twisted:

good games tonight with 2 new fellow mates (french)(second visit after monday's tournament) 2 new in da house that's good.

If anyone wants jnet or real game during the week just let me know !

Ps: Slashing you Pete has been my climax tonight :mrgreen:

Pete

Postby Pete » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:17 am

Last edited by Pete on Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pete

Postby Pete » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:22 am

In other news that ain't trash talkin', I watched Phil playing some flavour of CtM last night. This is not a comment on Phil -- who played well and won -- just a question from me: is playing CtM fun? It didn't look all that fun to me: there was no humming of the Jurassic Park theme song so that's a big flag straight off, but more pointedly there wasn't a lot of that bluffy-interplay that I associate with fun NetRunner play. (Totes my bias there.)

Run once / trash an asset / clear the tag / stay above 8 credits seemed to be the order of play for the Runner. On the Corp side the play seemed to revolve around Breaking News / EoI plays with HHN to slow the tempo. From the perspective of an outsider looking in, it seemed like the Corp deck somewhat played itself. Just what are the key decision points when playing CtM that make it engaging and fun?

I'm going to bring CtM next week: maybe I need to play as it to fully grok the wild tsunami ride of awesome play experience it provokes. What are your experiences?
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:46 am

CtM is an awful lot more interesting an engaging than previous asset spam decks - when the games are close.

But the games are often not close. If the corp gets a really strong start - a couple of political assets and a money card turn 1, for instance - it can snowball out of control very quickly. Likewise, if a fast Criminal deck gets set up and stomps every asset every turn, it can be very hard to CtM to recover even with a Closed Accounts play. Likewise if an Anarch deck finds their Slums/Scrubbers/Employee Strike early. There's very little counter play available.

There's little room for bluffing - that's true. Most of what it comes down to is the gamble on HHN in hand or not, or is that first advanced thing in the remote a Breaking News (gotta steal it!) or a GFI (phh, let them score it).

Key decision points though - it's a rush deck, with relatively little ice. That makes ice placement extremely critical for CtM (sometimes it's better to hold ice than play it in the wrong place, even with so little ice), and decisions about what you can push out of the remote and how quickly are pretty important. It rewards good decision making pretty well. There are also fewer HHN in the deck than you'd think. Deciding when to play those is pretty key.
Pete

Postby Pete » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:11 pm

Cheers Brendan!

I have a timing question. I have scored a Nisei. I have not spent the token. I have a Lotus Field over a remote. The Runner has Eater. The Runner plays Spooned. Is there a window for me to spend the Nisei token and end the run before the encounter with the ICE?

It's appalling that I don't know this. I could look it up but I spend my days doing detailed work and I like to cut loose when it comes to NetRunner. (And evening pursuits in general.)
Nekader

Postby Nekader » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:44 pm

noahwp

Postby noahwp » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:33 pm

RomainFR2UK

Postby RomainFR2UK » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:52 am

Thursday suits me ! Pete said he could do it too..

And by the way, I feel that the "spooned" Pete is talking about is related to me ahahaha
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:18 am

GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:39 am

I plan to go to Aldershot GNK this Saturday. I shall be going via North Camp station where an Aldershottian will kindly collect me. He is happy for any others to go (up to the car limit of spaces!)
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Pete

Postby Pete » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:57 am

RomainFR2UK

Postby RomainFR2UK » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:01 am

noahwp

Postby noahwp » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:16 pm

Tris is coming tomorrow as well so there should be at least 4 of us. Anyone else planning on swinging by?

Return to “Oxford”