Weekly Casual Meetup

Moderator: Brendan

RomainFR2UK
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Weekly Casual Meetup

Postby RomainFR2UK » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:11 am

Morning HAppy people !!!

Anyone to play tonight ?
Pete

Postby Pete » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:47 am

Not me tonight.

What time are folks popping to Reading on Saturday then? 9:15 am train from Oxford, breakfast at Bill's, then on to Eclectic to crush greasy parvenus under slippered foot?
#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
RomainFR2UK
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby RomainFR2UK » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:33 pm

GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:15 pm

I cannot promise to join for breakfast,

Because I may stay in bed,

But I shall be janking it up in Reading,

And the rivers will run red.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Brightsides

Postby Brightsides » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:40 pm

Roses are red

Violets are blue

I suck at poems

And I won't be in Reading :(
Pete

Postby Pete » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:45 pm

Nekader

Postby Nekader » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:27 pm

Tabi

Postby Tabi » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:38 am

Does anyone have a spare 3 global foods and 3 prisecs that they could bring to reading for me to use?
Pete

Postby Pete » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:40 am

I will bring those cards with me, sure thing.

I am coming tomorrow but I won't be taking the train with y'all. I'm working in Reading this afternoon, thought I might as well just hotel it. I'll see everyone at Bill's @~10am: if we miss each other ... aw... no biggies, I'll cya at Eclectic.

I'm bringing Meat Damage Hell and Copycat Ken: it's a jank tourney, let the jank roll :lol:
Last edited by Pete on Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tabi

Postby Tabi » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:41 am

awesome, thanks!
noahwp

Postby noahwp » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:57 am

NEWS FLASH: Johno is organising a jankful breakfast at Bill's at 9:30, so we could switch to the 9:01 train to get there a bit earlier.

However, he did say that we can also just turn up whenever we get there and join so either way works.

Whaddya reckon?
Nekader

Postby Nekader » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:02 pm

Pete

Postby Pete » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:59 pm

Tabi

Postby Tabi » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:47 pm

Could I also possibly borrow 2 chakana (C&C), 3 imp (what lies ahead), and a grimoire? And if anyone has any spare daily casts?
Nekader

Postby Nekader » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:04 pm

Pete

Postby Pete » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:18 pm

:cry:

Curses. I had a vague feeling I'd forgotten something... I've just now remembered. I totally forgot to put the 3xFood and 3xPriSec in my bag before leaving.

Sorry Tabi. Sackcloth and ashes is too good for me.

Um, can someone else bring 3xFood and 3xPriSec for Tabi?

::slinks away, head hung low:: :oops:
Nekader

Postby Nekader » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:02 pm

I am sorting spare cards now. Will have everything apart from GFI.
Pete

Postby Pete » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:09 pm

Guy made Christmas crackers! He pulled one with each opponent he played... inside were a Crimbo hat, 3 official NetRunner cards that Guy deemed worthy of the tag jank, and a dreadful NetRunner flavoured joke.

It was a lovely touch! Super stuff Guy.

Why yes, we did look like right clowns with our crap tissue paper Crimbo hats on. Epic!

I had a great day out: breakfast at Bill's, a load of free swag from Johno for being a backer of his Patreon, and some grand games fully of sillyness. (No Shakeaway though, probably for the best since I'm watching what I eat these days.)

It was proper good to see Tabi there, and also James Nowecki and Joey after a long time of not seeing them. The final round where we had to play with the decks of our opponent from the last round was inspired. I won a game with Apex #lulz

Alex Borrill (sp?) won The Bell, going undefeated on the day.

Thanks for the games and banter everyone!
James M

Postby James M » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:43 am

Sorry i missed it, sounds like good times were had by all!

I'll be down tonight, see you chaps there :)
Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:05 am

I'll not be there tonight: feeling a bit NetRunner'd out after the weekend's exertions.

There was some talk of attending a SC in Bromley (?) this weekend. I'll decide on Thursday, seems a long way to go just for a shot at an alt-art PAD Campaign. How many other folk are going or are thinking of going? If there's a group of us then that's more attractive to me because of bantz, breakfast, that sort of thing.
RomainFR2UK

Postby RomainFR2UK » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:13 am

James M

Postby James M » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:35 am

I'm afraid I already have a full weekend schedule, will have to give this one a miss too. :(
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:58 am

I shall be down tonight. Not going to skip two weeks in a row, particularly as I got Hyacinth bucket'd last time I said I wasn't coming down!

I have Andromeda and Palana

Both are attempts to go "OK. These are serious business decks because I need to knuckle down. Jank time is over"

I suspect both are failures at this.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Juho

Postby Juho » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:32 pm

I am eager to come today.
When is good time to come? (this is my first playtime in Oxford)

I am packing Adam and personal evolution with me!

/Juho
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:37 pm

I tend to get down there at 1800 but usually people are well into things by then so you're probably fine from about 1730 onwards
The Praetor of Jank

Return to “Oxford”