Weekly Casual Meetup

Moderator: Brendan

Nekader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Weekly Casual Meetup

Postby Nekader » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:46 pm

I may well be going to Warboar. It is south London, meaning a train to Paddington, some underground contortions and then a reunion tour to Bromley South by train. All in all about 2 and a half hours.
Will be leaving in Oxford at 8AM sharp.
Brendan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Brendan » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:31 pm

I wanted to come tonight, but ended up sick instead. :( Hope to see you lot soon.
Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:57 pm

#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:41 pm

Pete. He will do it. He can do it.

I BELIEVE IN YOU PHIL!

To the extent that I shall challenge Pete to a BET!

YESSIR

If Phil fails to rise, as promised, then I shall owe Pete one beer, of his choice, at Meeples

If Phil demonstratably gets up at 8am to be at a tournament then he shall owe me the sum of one hot chocolate at Meeples. WITH CREAM AND MARSHMALLOWS

DO WE HAVE A DEAL!?!?
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Pete

Postby Pete » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:32 am

Dorian

Postby Dorian » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:09 am

Hey guys,

What about trying New Angeles when it comes out at the TM ? This is the new boarg game in the Android universe. (https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/n ... w-angeles/)
It should be on Wednesday, but we have to wait for the confirmation of TM. So Wednesday if possible or Thursday ?
(We are 3 if it is on Wednesday and 2 if Thursday)

Btw : Romain, you forgot your playmat and we let it in the TM. You'll only have to ask for it next time you come.
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:54 am

I quite like the look of the game, but I'm unsure TM will be getting it. It's not really a short, family friendly sort of game that suits them. Not like that Rhino game.
Dorian

Postby Dorian » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:27 pm

Brendan

Postby Brendan » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:31 pm

Excellent!
RomainFR2UK

Postby RomainFR2UK » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:08 pm

Dorian

Postby Dorian » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:33 pm

Hey guys ! New Angeles is available at TM ! So who's in for tonight 8pm ? We are already 3.
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:48 pm

I've D&D tonight, so another time.

I look forward to the review.
Nekader

Postby Nekader » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:45 pm

Something something Sure Gamble something Oracle May.

I will be there. However Brighton the weekend after is beginning to look unlikely.

Testing with Blue Sun has had mixed results so I genuinely don't know what to corp with. Blue Sun gets beaten by good players.
James M

Postby James M » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:23 pm

just take something fun, that palana/mushin deck was awesome. even when i lost i was happy
Nekader

Postby Nekader » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:57 pm

GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:38 pm

...My bet is still for 8 :P
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
James M

Postby James M » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:10 am

I am eager to hear who won this bet
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:59 am

It seems Phil made it to the tournament but was he on time? Did he have to teleport?

Who knows?! But it does not look strong for Pete.

I have him on the ropes to be sure.
The Praetor of Jank
Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:05 am

I too am eager. I can only surmise that the absence of any news is confirmation that Phil did not make the 7:30am train... but stayed overnight with a friend in Bromley on the Friday the better to ensure attendance while still having a good lager session. Clearly. Probably. Possibly.

Who knows?! But it does not look strong for Guy.

I have him on the ropes to be sure.

The tension is nigh unbearable.
James M

Postby James M » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:14 am

its ali vs joe frasier for sure, no-one knows which way it will go :)
noahwp

Postby noahwp » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:07 pm

GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:31 pm

The shame of losing a bet to me has made him run away for ever.

That is the only explanation.

or he was tired. Hope you're good Pete! And we shall see you soon!
The Praetor of Jank
Pete

Postby Pete » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:58 pm

GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:20 pm

Excellent news!

I forgive you your debt if you wish, but glad you will be there! :D
The Praetor of Jank
Nekader

Postby Nekader » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:52 pm

Not only was I on the train at 7.30am outbound, I successfully bought a bacon roll prior to departure. Depending on if I can make it over the holidays, each netrunner is more than welcome to a single beverage of their choice (subject to T&Cs).

Return to “Oxford”