Is Winter Coming? :: aGoT Tourney @Reading

Moderator: Brendan

Pete

Is Winter Coming? :: aGoT Tourney @Reading

Postby Pete » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:19 am

#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
Panda with issues...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Is Winter Coming? :: aGoT Tourney @Reading

Postby Panda with issues... » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:45 am

This will truly be a:

We'll see whose claim is better Pete...

OOC: Looking forward to this, I chose the format for this first tournament so you can basically just buy a core and turn up (though it's obviously appreciated if people read the rules too). It'll be a learning experience for pretty much all of us in Reading, as we don't have any real experience with first edition. As such. I see us as much more like the bumbling Starks, enthusiastic, loyal and violent, but rubbish at what really matters, the game itself. In the Game of Thrones, you win or you die. I foresee much dying from the loyal Bannermen of Reading.

1st ed. veterans are welcome, but be warned, most players who have bought in (I think maybe all in Reading) are noobs, so you probably won't get much competition. The format encourages exploring the whole core set card pool, and deck tweaking on the fly, which should be a fun experience rather than highly competitive (though I'm still going to do everything I can to put Pete's head on a spike).

So call your Bannermen and march Lords of Oxford, we'll meet you in the Field in late November!
chewie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby chewie » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:28 pm

Just got a core set last week have no idea what i'm doing sounds fun I'll see if i'm off that weekend.
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:45 pm

Currently debating making the trip from the depths of Glos'shire... How's parking in reading? If it's anything like Oxford I'm going to look at the trains...
Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:12 pm

Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:17 pm

Johno

Postby Johno » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:12 pm

It's past time we put up a 700 foot wall of ICE to keep these northern wild men out.
Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:23 pm

Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:27 pm

Badinage aside -- honestly, I think I'm all bantered out after that GIF :? -- here's the tutorial video about aGoT 2E from FFG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1s54Wlgfyo

I'll likely pick up a core set this week. Game on!
Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:22 pm

Last edited by Panda with issues... on Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:23 pm

MartinP

Postby MartinP » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:29 pm

Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:00 pm

Just as a quick point, we're trying to arrange a regular monthly time for Thrones in the Eclectic events calendar.

Is anyone vehemently against the second sunday of every month? (I was going to call it 'Second Suns'. Nerd cred for anyone who gets the ref.
Pete

Postby Pete » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:21 pm

Second Sunday works for me, good stuff.

I had a gander at the various factions last night. Lannister looks aggravating with lots of hand demolishing and general denial.

Greyjoy looks rushy. I might plump for them in the first blush. The colour of Martel appeals, but it also looks to be playing the long game.

And you?
Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:00 pm

Pete

Postby Pete » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:48 am

Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:52 am

I have decks built with 3 cores right now, but I'll bring them next Tuesday. If you only have 1 core can you bring all your cards and I can borrow to create the prebuilt starter decks so I don't need to deconstruct?
Pete

Postby Pete » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:17 pm

I already have 3 core sets so we will have to play hard from the off. Go home or go large, it's the only way I roll. (Well that and #yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe.)

A full set of coming right your way since I know you like them so much. :lol:

I enjoy playing games face-to-face but deck-building bores me to tears. (Each to their own.) I pottered about building my own decks for far too long in NetRunner and didn't enjoy a minute of it: I will thus be packing netdecks culled from the excellent .

YOLO!
Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:38 pm

Pete

Postby Pete » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:15 pm

Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:00 am

Pete

Postby Pete » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:45 am

Sam's milk left a sour taste in my mouth and you can tell him that.

BEST CARD NAME EVAR!

I've now exhausted my childish delight about this card's name and more saner, adult commentary follows.

I need to play more, but Confiscation seems like a damn good plot. Having a power character like Tyrion or Balon milked feels very aggravating. (I probably need to get over that.) Milked characters still have their stats, but if your deck builds on an ability like Melisandre's then milk can be devastating. Naturally, I run 3x Milk in my own decks.

Need more draw. Those Greyjoy Warships really did work for me because I was able to choose to draw or gain Power asit suited. If I hadn't drawn that Warship then I'd likely have lost because your Iron Throne was worth, what, 4-5 Power to you in total?

Yeah, your Targaryen deck smashed those Martells, good stuff James. I'll note that you did snipe Doran's Game from my hand when I was on 10 Power: the Martell ability to surge a bazillion Power in a single powerplay turn rocks. I'll revisit the deck in light of the play experience you gave me, cheers. I'm naturally a turtle player so Martell appeals: I felt very exposed when playing the aggressive Greyjoy deck.

Thank you for your comments and insight which helped the Greyjoys to victory; that last game was #excellente
Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 pm

I've acquired a better date in December for a first attempt at a constructed AGoT tournament.

So if you miss the chance to put Pete's head on a spike at the aforementioned Kingslayer event, you can at least throw some

my way...

Something something Oxford... something something moron....blah blah appendage.... rabblerabble pig's head.

Etc.

:lol:

Details below:

MartinP

Postby MartinP » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:06 pm

So as I've failed to secure a ticket to the Charity event in sheffield on the 28th, guess I'll have to rock up to Reading for Game of Thrones instead and take all the prizes for myself, for the glory of Gloucestershire gamers

Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:17 pm

We'd be pleased to host a knight from afar at the joust Ser.

Return to “Oxford”