Le Oxford League?

Moderator: Brendan

Pete

Le Oxford League?

Postby Pete » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:50 am

All-round top egg and arch-rival Johno has created both a league for Reading and to provide some sweet UI chrome on the league.

Is there any interest among the Oxford gowns in having a local Oxford league for local people? Johno has made it trivial to spin up an instance of the league software -- you can -- and we can incorporate the league into our normal play on Monday evenings.

The league is just a bot of fun and in no way a serious ranking: the and can provide some goals during deck-construction and play.

Thoughts?
#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
Johno

Re: Le Oxford League?

Postby Johno » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:16 am

Obviously not likely to take part, but I endorse league play! It's been successful and well received by your southern neighbours. What's nice is that it adds a little structure to meet-ups, adding achievements to promote some diversity in deck-building and something to play for at any level and there's competition for players that want that.

Also appreciate the use of fledgling Desperado. All feedback appreciated!
Pete

Postby Pete » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:11 am

I'll spin up a Desperado instance for the Oxford league in time for next Monday's session. To participate all you have to do is inform me of your results in person or on the forum.

I'll import the same achievements that the reading lot have for this first season; you can see their list of acheevs

I'll just run the league "season" in sync with Reading's league; theirs has already been running for a while but ::shrug::.

I am in no position to offer official prize support, but I feel pretty confident that the winner can expect an alt-art Chaos Theory ID from the Thirsty Meeples batch. Probably; don't quote me on that.
Brendan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Brendan » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:15 pm

If you want to set up and run a mirror league Pete, I will set up the appropriate forum threads etc.

I'm in favour of any and all Netrunner activities, I just can't push it up my priority list high enough to make it viable for me to run!
GuyCliquil
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby GuyCliquil » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:46 pm

I approve all of this. It looks marvelous!
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Pete

Postby Pete » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:12 am

is ready for Monday.

The for this inaugural season are the same as those of our arch-rivals; I did add one extra acheev to stimulate scalping one of our rivals: seek them out wherever they crawl and show them your quality.

:P :lol:

I've added Guy, Brendan, and myself as players because we've all indicated our assent to participate. If you want to participate just let me know either here or in person. You don't have to participate, that's fine really.
TED-DIE

Postby TED-DIE » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:23 am

actually USING the forums I just realise how much fun there is to miss
:(
"The Wünderkind"
Pete

Postby Pete » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:39 pm

TED-DIE

Postby TED-DIE » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:30 pm

Yeah!! :lol:

Hope to go to Reading on Sat!
"The Wünderkind"
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:56 pm

Excellent! How are you getting to Reading?
TED-DIE

Postby TED-DIE » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:30 pm

If I'm lucky my dad will drop me off.
"The Wünderkind"
Pete

Postby Pete » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:45 am

TED-DIE

Postby TED-DIE » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:06 pm

The Oxford Massive??

On the note on loaning, a Jackson would be great, but if u need 'em I'll be fine. Thx though :)
"The Wünderkind"
Pete

Postby Pete » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:23 pm

TED-DIE

Postby TED-DIE » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:44 pm

I understand now other that Brenlactus?-(Brendan maybe?!?)

Anyway thx for the Jacksons!

Oh and you said the Bristol Star Ponies in November???

Why Star Ponies???
"The Wünderkind"
Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:25 am

TED-DIE

Postby TED-DIE » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:27 am

Thanks for answering all my questions...
:D
Just one more (I think)

What is the Aldershot meta called?
"The Wünderkind"
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:56 am

Butchershot.
Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:43 am

Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:01 pm

GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:56 pm

My suggestion would be to go back to first principles. To my mind we're not a group where competitiveness is our focus so the league isn't there to find the "best"" player where it might be in other towns/cities/metas etc. If it were then I know, at least for my part, that Brendan and Stu at the very least (and probably many more of you) could bust out honed toned decks and start bashing out victory after victory against me.

What I do really like though are the achievements but we don't necessarily have to have this or them as a league. We might not even all them achievements. Maybe we could take this list of things and put them as a challenge board and other people than Pete could set them for each other. I really liked playing a Criminal without Siphon and deciding what that meant for a deck, and finding my way into 8 remotes as corp without necessarily meaning to.

For now I'll report that I did split with my Reading enemy - taking the runner achievement. I also beat Brendan twice (though sheer nonsense on my corp game, ironically it was a Philotic kill which Phil was trying to do all night). I also got the "look before you leap" Cheeve using Enhanced VIsion rather than ye standard Infiltration/Silhouette shenanigans which pleases me.

In terms of all the things you want to track Pete this is doable definitely, but it requires a spreadsheet. A spreadsheet I would happily try to put together but would want people to be helpful in helping me populate, and it also wouldn't be as pretty as the Neoreading league thing.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:03 am

A 'challenge board' is a pretty good description for it.
chewie

Postby chewie » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:21 am

Well I got off to a flying start! btw I played Tom Langton as Maxx vs Spark and lost and also played PE vs Sunny and lost. Current tally is 5 loss 1 win lol.
I did get an achievement though "Influence Police" . I can't remember the exact moment but PE did trash a shed load of runner cards and a good few of those were out of faction like medium in sunny etc. DO they have to be installed cards?
Pete

Postby Pete » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:34 pm

Pete

Postby Pete » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:39 pm

Return to “Oxford”