Bristol Tourney :: Star Pony Culling

Moderator: Brendan

TED-DIE
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Bristol Tourney :: Star Pony Culling

Postby TED-DIE » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:24 am

What time does it start??. And how long would it take to get to Bristol??
"The Wünderkind"
Pete

Postby Pete » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:06 am

Huh, those are good questions.

I'm usually good at linking to stuff, but I have no idea how I even know that there's a tourney on in Bristol this weekend. There's nothing sticky'd on their forum... er, Rob, Andy? :?

From past experience I'm guessing it starts at 11am 'til about 4-5pm. (So, same as the recent Reading tourney.)

It takes a couple of hours each way to Bristol, so we'd look to leave Oxford on the train at ~8am and get back for ~8pm, those sorts of times. It's a whole day affair, brightened by the prospect of good banter with the friendly Bristol crew. The venue is smack dab in the center of Bristol so there's no faffing about with taxis or buses once we step off the train.
#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
Nekader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Nekader » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:37 pm

Pete

Postby Pete » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:19 pm

Aw. I appear to have goober'd up the National Rail Journey Planner form earlier today 'cos I just tried it again and now the price has jumped to £51 return. I was sure I selected return earlier but evidently not.

£51? Mmm. That seems a fair old whack for a day of NetRunner. Mmm. I'm wavering now. I'm going to see what everyone else thinks.

£51! In my day you could've gone to Blackpool for the same amount... with a packed lunch thrown in! Prices these days, I don't know.
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:06 pm

I'm wavering on price and lack of any appealing decks to take. I'm wary of pushing myself to these things; I maintain my enjoyment of the game by not getting too stressed out by such things and burning out. A distant tournament at large expense isn't on my 'no stress!' list...
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:05 pm

I think I'll give this a pass. I also looked into why it's so expensive - looks like engineering works mean the train is being diverted. Normally you can change at Didcot Parkway, but it's not stopping there, forcing a trip to Reading first. So I think they're charging extra for that pleasure.
Pete

Postby Pete » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:23 pm

Yeah, the £51 ticket killed it for me.

Aw. Disappointed. It's always a special kind of joy to lay a cable in the Hawaiian-themed loos at Excelsior. The Oxford Massive will return to Bristol in the new year, never fear. Andy, Rob, King Mob, and the rest... Merry Xmas!
mendax

Postby mendax » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:19 pm

I might save the Tower of Power until next time then, and play some other garbage instead.
Sincil Banks

Postby Sincil Banks » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:47 pm

If you guys can get to Banbury for 8:30am you can get a lift with me, I'm meeting Dan there to go to Bristol..

Return to “Oxford”