Faust Apex

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
king_mob
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Faust Apex

Postby king_mob » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:38 am

Memstrips deserves a chance. Memstrips.
MouseChan

Re: Faust Apex

Postby MouseChan » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:15 pm

No E3?

Also chop bot is a bit of a trap as it freezes your board state, Endless [s]hunter[/s] hunger wants to use the cards to break stuff, and heartbeat likes a big stack of them so you can survive for roughly 109 years.
Social Media guru for Netrunners.co.uk

Legenadry girl hacker with awesome hair

2x Bradford SC 1x Leeds SC winner
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:23 pm

Would it not depend on how much you were using the Endless Hunger ability? I mean, if you're using it rarely you can use the cards that you hard install with it as well then maybe this is fine? It seems like, to some extent, this is a Faust build with Endless Hunger dealing with the ETR Ice when Faust just isn't going to cut it.

Turing is horrible though.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
MouseChan

Postby MouseChan » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:34 pm

Social Media guru for Netrunners.co.uk

Legenadry girl hacker with awesome hair

2x Bradford SC 1x Leeds SC winner
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:42 pm

Turing does make me a sad panda sometimes, but until i see Turing in RP over a scoring remote its not the end of the world.

Faust > e3 against so many pieces of ice. Also, e3 on its own without endless hunger is useless, and faust is not.

Also, chopbot doesnt need using every turn. Its as guy said, very dependent on what you want to be using the facedown cards for each turn. If i want to cycle things into the bin pre-levy, or just get extra cards, then chopbot is what i use. If i want to trash facedown cards for a run then ill not use chopbot. Some turns i want to discard a card to draw a card and get 2c. If that was a resource it would be immense and id stick it in loads of decks. Chopbot also helps deal with tags, which is more of an issue than you think - not for scorch, but for pyscho and closed accounts.

The overlap is less than you think in terms of getting facedown cards on the board. Wasteland helps for burst, but a faust and QT click 1 lessens what you need facedown cards for anyway.

I dont think your wrong, if playing this deck someone goes too aggro (something i do too often) then yes you can burn through too much too quickly and get locked out. But then worse comes to worse you trash chopbot to feed endless hunger XD

Its really about pacing and apex is annoying in that. Before, we could just count credits and gauge pace from that, now we have to monitor credits, facedown cards and cards in grip. Its like im playing C&C Red alert. But with netrunner cards.
Lemonbrick

Postby Lemonbrick » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:00 am

So , Friday night I built an Apex deck for sats GNK, I lost 4 times , but all the games were good and 3 were winnable (lack of experience)

based my lessons this is the updated result, comments welcome

things I learnt , cadesus, architect, etc.... really need a solid answer mimic is by far the best pick.

Turning is the death of apex. really.
Assassin is a pain but solvable.

Heartbeat is ace

Apex: Invasive Predator (Data and Destiny)

Event (21)
1x Déjà Vu (Core Set) ••
2x The Maker's Eye (Core Set) ••••
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
3x Quality Time (Humanity's Shadow) •••
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Lucky Find (Double Time) ••••• •
1x Legwork (Honor and Profit) ••
3x Apocalypse (Data and Destiny)
2x Prey (Data and Destiny)

Hardware (9)
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
2x e3 Feedback Implants (Trace Amount) ••••
3x Prepaid VoicePAD (Second Thoughts)
3x Heartbeat (Data and Destiny)

Resource (6)
3x Hunting Grounds (Data and Destiny)
3x Wasteland (Data and Destiny)

Icebreaker (6)
2x Mimic (Core Set) ••
1x Peacock (What Lies Ahead) ••
3x Endless Hunger (Data and Destiny)

Program (3)
3x Harbinger (Data and Destiny)

25 influence spent (maximum 25)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:53 am

I lost faust in the end, the over lap with everything else Apex does was too great, too much ended up in the bin and it still wasnt a decent answer to turing.

Im finding DDoS is pretty nice in Apex though, people will think they are clever sticking an assassin over a cheap ETR ice and try and keep you out of the scoring remote, just slap em with DDoS from hand.

Current answer to turing is stimhack > crypsis from archives with a clone chip. 3 card wombo combo, so blatantly tier 1.

DDoS Apex

(Data and Destiny)

Event (18)
3x (Data and Destiny)
3x (Creation and Control)
3x (Data and Destiny)
3x (Humanity's Shadow) •••
3x (Core Set) •••
3x (Core Set)

Hardware (8)
3x (Creation and Control) ••••• •
3x (Data and Destiny)
2x (What Lies Ahead)

Resource (7)
3x (The Universe of Tomorrow) ••••• ••••
3x (Data and Destiny)
1x (All That Remains)

Icebreaker (6)
3x (Core Set)
3x (Data and Destiny)

Program (6)
3x (A Study in Static) •••
3x (Data and Destiny)
25 influence spent (max 25)
45 cards (min 45)

Deck built on .
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:15 pm

Crypsis is also an AI. Sorry man. The only answers are an actual decoder (Force of Nature is only 1 inf (don't play that card)) prey and APOCALYPSE.
Oh that, don't worry about that, it's my negotiating tank.
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:16 pm

Johno

Postby Johno » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:24 pm

Also Hyperdriver :P
Lemonbrick

Postby Lemonbrick » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:22 am

Johno

Postby Johno » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:03 am

The other benefit of Hyperdriver (and I'm aware we're entering very muddy jank-waters here) is that it can help you do everything on your Apocalypse turn.

But I agree, it's not exactly auto-include given the influence cost.
Lemonbrick

Postby Lemonbrick » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:15 am

king_mob

Postby king_mob » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:40 am

Latest attempt, taking the NRDB deck of the week idea of using DDoS/Apocolypse/Siphon to create merry hell. Brain cage is in there only because you can prevent the brain damage, which i think is hilarious.

Between Endless Hunger and DDoS, i think siphons will be pretty easy to land (they have in testing so far), and you can take the money from the siphon and the rez prevention from DDoS and go wreck all their assets. Also, DDoS and Endless Hunger do wonders on a double ICE'd remote.

Lastly, Siphon money stays around pretty much the whole game with this deck, you dont really spend much of it, so Crypsis actually has some late game value.

DDoS Apex

(Data and Destiny)

Event (23)
3x (Core Set) ••••• ••••• ••
3x (Data and Destiny)
3x (Creation and Control)
1x (Core Set) ••
3x (Core Set)
3x (Data and Destiny)
1x (Humanity's Shadow)
3x (Core Set)
3x (Order and Chaos)

Hardware (6)
3x (Chrome City)
3x (Data and Destiny)

Resource (7)
3x (The Universe of Tomorrow) ••••• ••••
3x (Data and Destiny)
1x (All That Remains)

Icebreaker (6)
3x (Core Set)
3x (Data and Destiny)

Program (3)
3x (Data and Destiny)
25 influence spent (max 25)
45 cards (min 45)

Deck built on .
Johno

Postby Johno » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:28 am

Return to “Deck Building Discussion”