My first runner deck (mistakes were made)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Arkonnen7
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My first runner deck (mistakes were made)

Postby Arkonnen7 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:43 am

(Core Set)

Event (18)
2x (Core Set) ••••• •••
2x (Core Set)
2x (Order and Chaos)
3x (Order and Chaos)
2x (Order and Chaos)
2x (Future Proof)
2x (Order and Chaos)
3x (Core Set)

Hardware (5)
2x (Core Set)
1x (Core Set)
2x (What Lies Ahead)

Resource (7)
2x (Core Set)
3x (Creation and Control)
1x (Future Proof)
1x (First Contact)

Icebreaker (4)
3x (Order and Chaos)
1x (Core Set)

Program (11)
2x (Core Set)
1x (Core Set)
3x (True Colors)
3x (Core Set)
2x (Creation and Control) ••••• •

16 Influence spent (max 15) 45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Order and Chaos

I had my first game last friday night in Exeter game shop (Clifton road games). I didn't realized that Hades Shard was 1 influence (it was also the only proxy i used so i probably didn't looked the card that well), so the deck is over the 15 limit. Apart from that i created the deck based on cards i have (1x core, creation and control, honor and profit, order and chaos, what lies ahead, future proof and true colors).

The idea wa destroying all ices with spooned-forked-knifed and parasites, runnung R&D trashing assests or ices at the beginning, than trashing agendas and scoring them with Hades shard

I lost all the games i took, but i think the level of players in the shop was high.
But nevertheless i learnt few thing:
1) after using account siphon YOU HAVE TO REMOVE TAGS (expecially if you play cards such as armitage codebusting and daily cast, first game could have been better for me avoiding this big mistake).
2) parasite, famme fatale is usless against blue sun and probably this deck can't beat it.
3) crisium grid can stop keyhole-eater sinergy and be a big pain

of course i think i need to change something in the deck, and before thinking in buying new cards:
-2 (What Lies Ahead)
-1 (Core Set)
-2 (Future Proof)
+1 (Order and Chaos)
+1 (Order and Chaos)
+1 (Order and Chaos)
+2 Same old thing

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or comments tnx
{Apologies for english grammar}
Rotage

Re: My first runner deck (mistakes were made)

Postby Rotage » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:03 pm

Welcome to the world of Netrunner. The one thing I would consider adding is mimic, architect is a popular card and although eater can break it, if they put a crisum grid behind it then you have no way of dealing with it, I'd be tempted to drop 1 forked for the mimic
Aldershot - Where the streets are paved with scorch

Swiftie - You will got to the special hell for taking Dyper to a 4 person event
Arkonnen7

Postby Arkonnen7 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:13 pm

Thank you for suggestion!
I made the change in deckbuilder in NetrunnerDB

i would also put a employee strike in order to deal with blue sun and haarpsicord studios (i think i will buy data and destiny next) but i don't know what to take off because of influence cost.
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:39 pm

You only have 5 viruses. So Noise doesn't seem to be the best choice of ID. I would guess the best ID for this deck is Reina Roja. It also doesn't look to dissimilar to some MaxX decks that are popular at the moment.

Liberated Account is really good (if somewhat inflexible due to its install cost). Maybe try fitting that instead of Daily Casts and Armitage.

I think you may find yourself clicking for creds a bit. I'd try to find room for 3-5 more econ/draw cards. The fist things I would look to cut are spare keyholes, the djinn, the 1 DLR and maybe the Retrieval Run. Keyhole is usually a finisher, so you should probably find it before you need it even if you only have 1 or 2. I don't think you need the Djinn, you're memory looks fine and you don't need the tutor effect. DLR is a strategy in and of itself, as a 1 of it's probably a minor inconvenience to the Corp. I don't think you have enough good targets for the Retrieval Run.

All that said, I think it looks very good for a first deck.
Oh that, don't worry about that, it's my negotiating tank.
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:23 am

Yeah this not going to be the best noise deck. Quetzal though, its not half bad. Consider dropping DLR and djinn for same old thing so you can spam account siphon.
Memstrips deserves a chance. Memstrips.
Arkonnen7

Postby Arkonnen7 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:59 am

At the beginning i tought i could put Maxx in, then i realized i could lost my programs and also showing the opponent my strategy when the cards where going into heap, i guess Maxx is allright if your deck is very solid.

so far thanks for the advices, i'm considering dropping the cards you suggested but i don't know what to fit in for now (3 same old thing ok but then? Ananrch core icebreakers?)
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:47 am

No no, eater + keyhole is fine, eater + siphon is also fine, SoT to repeatedly spam account siphon, making the corp too poor to defend against repeated keyhole runs = very fine. Good even.

MaxX is a hard ID to play, i wouldnt worry about it. Quetzal siphon spam with eater/keyhole is a very solid archetype.

Just make sure you do change the ID from noise. Play whatever ID you like and whatever cards you like after that, just dont play these cards in a noise deck.

Here's a anarch denial deck i like to go back to now and again, mostly when im in a bad mood and i feel like stomping someone in the most unfun way possible.

Quetzal + femme gives you actually a pretty decent amount of remote pressure. But the idea here really is to siphon the corp again and again and again and again via Deja Vu and SoT, then keyhole them through the floor.

The cutlery set is great, especially in the anarch with the built in barrier breaker. Inject is an amazing draw card, especially with so few programs, and ret run gives you femmes for 6c less.

Questzal Siphon Spam

(First Contact)

Event (22)
3x (Core Set) ••••• ••••• ••
2x (Core Set)
2x (Order and Chaos)
3x (Order and Chaos)
3x (Up and Over)
2x (Order and Chaos)
2x (Future Proof)
2x (Order and Chaos)
3x (Core Set)

Hardware (5)
2x (What Lies Ahead)
3x (Order and Chaos)

Resource (7)
1x (First Contact)
3x (Trace Amount)
3x (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (5)
3x (Order and Chaos)
2x (Core Set) ••

Program (7)
2x (The Spaces Between)
2x (True Colors)
3x (Core Set)
15 influence spent (max 15)
46 cards (min 45)

Deck built on .
Arkonnen7

Postby Arkonnen7 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:57 pm

Wow i was doing "the same" before even reading this post, i get another list up its not similar at all at yours

Second take

(First Contact)

Event (17)
2x (Core Set) ••••• •••
2x (Core Set)
2x (Order and Chaos)
3x (Order and Chaos)
2x (Up and Over)
2x (Order and Chaos)
2x (Order and Chaos)
2x (Core Set)

Hardware (6)
3x (Core Set)
3x (Trace Amount) ••••• •

Resource (10)
2x (Up and Over)
1x (First Contact)
3x (Trace Amount)
2x (Creation and Control)
2x (Order and Chaos)

Icebreaker (3)
3x (Future Proof)

Program (13)
2x (The Spaces Between)
2x (Core Set)
2x (Order and Chaos)
2x (True Colors)
3x (Core Set)
2x (Order and Chaos)
15 influence spent (max 15)
49 cards (min 45)

But i guess i like your list more :)
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:25 pm

I think your list looks pretty good too :)

Id go up to 3x fester if my only breaker was darwin though, otherwise you could be locked out by something daft like a lotus field for 2-3 turns. Or include some stuff to back up darwin.

Id say more than anything, take the builds you like the look of play lots with them! You will soon figure out what works and what doesn't.
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:08 am

Darwin isn't a card. But if you insist, I think you want to play Surge to prevent the Corp from locking you out with a purge.

I actually think fester doesn't do a huge amount because you're on a siphon spam plan and therefore will have tags.

Looks like a good 'for fun' deck.

Darwin is a card that plagues a lot of people. It never, ever works. :P
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:26 pm

Oh dont be a pill, let the person play the cards they like. They will discover whats up with darwin sooner or later.

Spoilers: Yah, it kinda sucks.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:30 pm

"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Vapo

Postby Vapo » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:41 pm

Darwin was the only icebreaker in my Oxford SC winning runner deck. I lost the one game where I can remember actually installing it.
Arkonnen7

Postby Arkonnen7 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:43 pm

I didn't wanted to start a war on darwin! I might try that just to see if it can work better than eater but probably i have to rethink the deck entirely
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:07 pm

Sorry. Darwin *is* fun. If the deck doesn't work and is frustrating. Try changing Darwin before changing anything else.
Vapo

Postby Vapo » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:48 pm

Yeah to be fair it's actually entirely legit in a deck with Progenitor, [Hivemind] and Virus Breeding Ground - you can be back at strength 4 after 2 clicks of your first turn following a purge once you're fully set up. The only reason I didn't use it more was Blackmail is an even easier way in :P

I'd want the full 3x Progenitor and 3x VBG in any build doing that tho, since they're the two parts not tutorable with Djinn. Of course at that point you've got a build where Purging is useless so the Festers would have to come out and it's probably then a whole different beast... But I do think it can work as a main breaker if you give it enough support.

Edit: realised Hivemind not actually even needed to get back to STR 4 following purge with Darwin on Progenitor + 2x VBG.

Return to “Deck Building Discussion”