Hayley will do anything to pass.

cwoac

Hayley will do anything to pass.

Postby cwoac » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:44 am

So after getting nearly wrecked by a deck that ran capstone and gene conditioning shoppe and went from zero to eighteen credits in a single click, I had to have a play. After fiddling around with it a bit online using the stealth rig that the versions on netrunnerdb use, someone suggested Faust as a better/faster breaker suite. It is.

It is somewhat combo-y, but that mostly gets alleviated by the speed it gets set up in. Once you have even just beach party and faust down, you only need a single credit and a game day in hand to make a 10 card fuelled run.

It also uses the interesting side effect of faust - it is one of the very few cards (capstone, ??) that allows you to discard cards without overdrawing and the only one (I think) that does it as a paid ability; this makes game day digs much more powerful (potentially). A particularly fun version once setup is dirty laundry, breaking with faust then cometing into gameday. to give a 10 cards for clicks 2-4.

Things changed from the one online:
  • Quality time over diesel - helps get set up faster, more faust food. Less concerned about the discarding since two same old things and three levys; plus hayleys ability.
  • legwork/makers over interfaces - Can fire from comet, and with the same olds it means hardly ever running rnd/hq not as an event.
  • three levy - partially because of needing to feed faust's hunger, but also for glacier match-up.

Things I am unsure of / need more testing on:
  • Is faust enough to screw with NEHFA?
  • Does it need a memchip+a second atman for handling foodcoats? Currently the atman is at 4 for ichi 1.0 (basically), but I'm thinking maybe a second one at 5 for assassin/ichi 2.0/tollbooth (although study guide is pretty good vs tollbooth). Possibly losing a dirty laundry or the sacrificial construct and a starlight, I guess?
  • Should study guide get swapped out for gordian? In the stealth version it gets pumped from cloak; as is, you break even once you run through your third tollbooth.
  • Femme over mimic?
  • Would this be better in another runner? Kate will save you a mere 6 credits, so probably not her. Chaos Theory does have the extra mem, but I struggle to see this as a forty card deck. Nasir perhaps? He has a link, and his ability slightly works with Study guide.

Anything to pass.

Hayley Kaplan: Universal Scholar (Breaker Bay)

Event (23)
2x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Game Day (Breaker Bay)
1x Legwork (Honor and Profit) ••
3x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
3x Lucky Find (Double Time) ••••• •
3x Power Nap (Double Time)
3x Quality Time (Humanity's Shadow)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x The Maker's Eye (Core Set)

Hardware (2)
2x Comet (Breaker Bay)

Resource (13)
2x Adjusted Chronotype (The Valley) ••••
3x Beach Party (Breaker Bay)
2x Gene Conditioning Shoppe (The Valley)
1x Sacrificial Construct (Core Set)
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
2x Starlight Crusade Funding (True Colors)
1x Symmetrical Visage (The Valley)

Icebreaker (5)
1x Atman (Creation and Control)
1x Faust (The Underway) ••
1x Mimic (Core Set)
1x Snowball (Trace Amount)
1x Study Guide (Breaker Bay)

Program (2)
2x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)
15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Underway
mendax

Re: Hayley will do anything to pass.

Postby mendax » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:31 pm

With no clot, you don't have a hope in hell of beating NEH.

However, if you don't care about playing this in any competitive setting, that's not necessarily the end of the world.
cwoac

Postby cwoac » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:49 pm

I thought about clot, but what to cut? I'd be loathe to drop the legwork, and only one chronotype seems insane, so going down to two lucky finds?

When it lands, I suppose swapping the mimic for the turning wheel might work.
mendax

Postby mendax » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:40 pm

Honestly, I think you're probably better off conceding the NEH matchup and trying to make up for it in all the others than including clot and messing your deck up a bit in every other game.
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:25 pm

Mendax, Have you ever been known to play a Yellow corp deck? :-P

I doubt very much that this is a Study Guide deck. I'm basically of the opinion that Nasir can have Study Guide, but nobody else should. I think I'd choose Zu.13 and use Atman as a primary decoder.

Cool deck
Oh that, don't worry about that, it's my negotiating tank.
cwoac

Postby cwoac » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:43 pm

MasterAir wrote:Mendax, Have you ever been known to play a Yellow corp deck? :-P

I doubt very much that this is a Study Guide deck. I'm basically of the opinion that Nasir can have Study Guide, but nobody else should. I think I'd choose Zu.13 and use Atman as a primary decoder.

Cool deck

Thanks.

Yeah, I'd come to the same conclusion regarding study guide. In the original stealth variant it made sense, now not so much. Hadn't considered Zu though. Going to give that a try and swap a clone chip in for the sacrificial construct.

Return to “Deck Building Discussion”