Andy - Please don't play sweepsweek

ApeAsylum

Andy - Please don't play sweepsweek

Postby ApeAsylum » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:48 am

This is my take on an Andy DLR deck. what do you gents think? obviously all seeing I wrecks it but it can still survive if my breakers come out early enough.

tough matchups are - any deck playing sweeps week.

Andy - Please don't play sweeps week

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie

Event (16)
3x Account Siphon
3x Dirty Laundry
3x Easy Mark
2x Emergency Shutdown
1x Inside Job
1x Legwork
1x Levy AR Lab Access •••
2x Special Order

Hardware (1)
1x Box-E

Resource (23)
3x Daily Casts
2x Data Folding
3x Data Leak Reversal •••
3x Drug Dealer
3x Fall Guy
2x Paparazzi
3x Same Old Thing
1x Utopia Shard •
3x Wireless Net Pavilion

Icebreaker (5)
1x Corroder ••
1x Eater •••
1x Faust ••
1x Mimic •
1x Peacock

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Universe of Tomorrow
Ortho

Re: Andy - Please don't play sweepsweek

Postby Ortho » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:07 pm

I like the idea of putting this in Criminal. In theory you should be able to put it all together before Val would be able to. My own possibly harebrained thought on seeing this list is that Fisk Investment Seminar would fit well with the game plan. It accelerates milling both by getting stuff out of R&D and also by drawing you stuff cheaply and quickly. You could see if swapping the Easy Marks for it might work.
ApeAsylum

Postby ApeAsylum » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:41 pm

hmmm fisk is interesting. i dont particularly like agendas being in HQ though. ill certainly test it though.
Xenasis

Postby Xenasis » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:42 pm

Ortho wrote:My own possibly harebrained thought on seeing this list is that Fisk Investment Seminar would fit well with the game plan. It accelerates milling both by getting stuff out of R&D and also by drawing you stuff cheaply and quickly.

The problem with FIS is that it accelerates the Corp by giving them *three* free clicks and gives you essentially only one (and has downsides for being Priority etc).

The game plan of this deck is not to mill the Corp out, it's to get free accesses with DLR whilst pressuring them with Siphons etc. If you win by decking your opponent, you probably won the game a long time ago anyway, it just wasn't correct to check archives yet (what's the point unless your opponent is about to score for the win?). The main aim of the deck is to set up faster than the Corp can score out, and FIS helps the Corp more than it does you to that extent. It's *not* mill three draw three, it's draw three draw three, which is why it's completely unplayable.

I'm not sure what you're getting out of Box-E over Logos in this deck. Honestly I probably wouldn't run any console myself, but if I had to run one it'd definitely be Logos.

Bank Job seems too good to pass up, here, and I don't see the point in Levy. Isn't Josh B better? I don't understand when you'd want to cycle your deck and you haven't already won: this deck doesn't perform badly when it has drawn all its bits, that's not where the problem is.
ApeAsylum

Postby ApeAsylum » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:11 pm

as always xenisis is right lol. i tried logos, bank job in this deck. tbh i dont really need either, the extra MU is nice when i actually install my suit. peakcock only comes out vs HB, mimic only comes out for architect/swordsman and corrdor to deal with wraps. Box-e was down to MU, the data folding does loads of work in this deck and i wanted to make sure it fired.

Yes the levy thing. i used to run joshia over levy, but then i kept decking myself and getting locked out, but then again that was before i included corrdor/peacock/mimic. Logos was pretty good but rarely saw play. i do think i will probs just not run console and if im not getting 2MU spare i may just let drugs get the better of me.

bank job is great. going back in. lol
Kesterer

Postby Kesterer » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:56 am

Your deck seems a little torn between the DLR plan and being a standard criminal deck - for example, the inclusion of Dirty Laundry, which rewards a deck that runs a lot, is in opposition to the DLR milling plan.

I think it's reasonable to go more all-in on DLR and spend your inf on stuff that is going to help that plan: you can always get into remotes if you need to with Faust. The one big issue is trashing stuff in remotes, which Val manages with bad pub and Scrubber, but criminals have a tougher time managing this problem. I've been running 3 Drive-By, which is much better than I expected. I think partly that's because it's rare enough that people don't play around it properly, but give it a run out and see if it works for you.

For reference, my most recent Leela DLR list is here (fully expecting to be told off by Xenasis for the inclusion of FIS!). The Andy/Leela choice is a bit of a toss-up - quicker setup versus more ways to disrupt the corp from scoring out later on.

Leela Patel Trained Pragmatist
15 influence spent (max 15) •••••••••••••••
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Universe of Tomorrow

Event (16)
3x Account Siphon
3x Drive By
3x Fisk Investment Seminar
2x Inside Job
2x Special Order
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (1)
1x Turntable ••

Resource (23)
3x Bank Job
3x Data Leak Reversal •••
3x Drug Dealer
3x Fall Guy
1x Hades Shard •
1x Joshua B. •••
3x Paparazzi
3x Same Old Thing
3x Wireless Net Pavilion

Icebreaker (5)
1x Corroder ••
2x Faerie
1x Faust ••
1x ZU.13 Key Master ••
Tim the Enchanter

Postby Tim the Enchanter » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:48 am

FIS doesn't seem insane here, or at least if it ever has a place then this is it. I'm not sure I agree its 3 free clicks to the corp. Its only 3 free clicks if drawing is a reasonable move for them. If you've landed siphons and they're broke then drawing more cards is obviously not what they would be spending clicks on unless they have cheap to play burst (sweeps or beanstalk) in their deck. Also DLR puts pressure on their jacksons and forcing them to overdraw works with that plan,
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:10 pm

I thought FIS would be better than it is. But if you're all in on denial I think it's worth a look. I'm trying a Lamprey Gabe list, it has problems (it's not nearly as good as the same idea in Reina at the moment), but FIS is definitely a playable card in that list.

If you're running Faust, situational cards become much more acceptable - in my opinion.
Oh that, don't worry about that, it's my negotiating tank.
Nekader

Postby Nekader » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:40 pm

I've played DLR out of Fisk with FIS. FIS hurts the game plan by putting agendas in hand where I found they tend to be the hardest to access. DLR seems to run pretty poor, so having money to get into a remote every now and again is fine, but repeated gambles on HQ is a colossal pain.
mendax

Postby mendax » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:27 pm

DLR decks don't win, in general, by decking the corps - they win by getting far too many agenda points into archives for the corp to deal with. FIS doesn't help this plan at all, and it does speed the corp up in scoring out before you can manage that.
Nemamiah

Postby Nemamiah » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:45 pm

mendax wrote:DLR decks don't win, in general, by decking the corps - they win by getting far too many agenda points into archives for the corp to deal with. FIS doesn't help this plan at all, and it does speed the corp up in scoring out before you can manage that.

I'd say that this is a good guideline to follow, but you should always consider decking the Corp as one of your potential ways out, even if you then dismiss it. There'll be occasional times when it's the easiest and surest way to win.

There is also an important exception to that rule/guideline, which is Haarpsichord. Unless you snipe a lot of points early against them, you'll almost always have to deck them out to win.
Will dance for Laurie Points
mendax

Postby mendax » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:36 pm

There are exceptions for sure, but you shouldn't really be building for the exceptions imo. It's not as if FIS is great against Haarp either.
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:17 am

I just cant see a place where FIS makes sense. I think its a pretty bad card. The other half of the effective DLR decks is econ denial, which people seem to forget or ignore somewhat, and i dont think FIS is as good as some people think in econ denial decks.

Truth be told i wouldnt bother with FIS at all, in any deck. The times iv had it played against me have if anything, helped me massively. More cards is great, specifically against DLR, drawing more cards means more econ cards. Against a deck running siphon thats pretty great.
Memstrips deserves a chance. Memstrips.
evilgaz

Postby evilgaz » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:02 pm

I've never had FIS played against me and been upset as Corp, it's always good for me.

I use Dirty Laundry in my Val because I have Massanori too. It's good in Andy because it allows you to run and get money with your big opening hand and also play DLR without losing clicks. Additionally it works well with Bank Job if you're including that.

Josh B is a beast.

I'd argue you can cut a Pap for something else juicy, but I like to play fast and loose.

Nice list, I'll have a play around with it!
Swiftie

Postby Swiftie » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:03 am

I can't remember how my game agaisnt ApeAsylum went but in general I'm not too bothered about FIS being played. Thee only times i have gotten value from it is when i've been locked out of RnD and i can legwork their hand. But thats a really bad use for the card...
If you don't like my ID, just shake it off.

Return to “Deck Building Discussion”