The MWL is coming! (Fastrobiotics)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nekader
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The MWL is coming! (Fastrobiotics)

Postby Nekader » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:05 pm

So the following is my list from a GNK in Reading yesterday. What with the news of the MWL I figured I may as well start practising now and adapted a Fastrobiotics deck to suit.

Near-Earth Hub Broadcast Center
8 influence spent (max 17) ••••••••(+9)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Agenda (11)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program +++
2x Breaking News
3x NAPD Contract +++
3x Project Beale

Asset (8)
3x Jackson Howard
2x Marked Accounts
3x PAD Campaign

Upgrade (5)
2x Cyberdex Virus Suite
3x SanSan City Grid +++

Operation (8)
2x Biotic Labor ••••• •••
3x Hedge Fund
3x Sweeps Week

Barrier (4)
2x Resistor
2x Wraparound

Code Gate (9)
1x Archangel
2x Enigma
1x Little Engine
3x Pop-up Window
2x Tollbooth

Sentry (2)
2x Turnpike

Other (2)
2x Special Offer

The deck was mixed on the day. Resistor played a mixed role, keeping the initial run out before just getting run through by siphoning criminals and Nexus Kate. Overall it felt strong for an early game gearcheck against PPVP Kate and anarch though, forcing decisions. Turnpike will get replaced. I reasoned that it might help to improve the Resistors while taxing a little but tags got cleared instantly and ultimately, who cares if you're losing a credit when you're accessing Astros?

Archangel and Special Offer were strong includes. Little Engine was there as Faust hate but I only faced one Faust that came out after the game was over anyway. Might change it to a Tollbooth for that general strength though.

This deck needs the Fast Track, maybe over a SSCG. Not sure if that influence could be spent elsewhere. *edit: NAPD did work all day. The ice is so porous without Elis and Architects, it needs some form of protection.*

Anyway, just thought I'd throw out a shell to see what other people are doing given the new restrictions.
Xenasis

Re: The MWL is coming! (Fastrobiotics)

Postby Xenasis » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:15 pm

Doesn't look too far from my attempt. Team could also be GLC or Rototurret. I've been a big fan of Turnpike in the past and it has only gotten better now that Kate has put down her Prepaids for ProCos and Kati is big again. I tried a more taggy approach with QPM/News Team but it was as bad as I expected it to be.

Near-Earth Hub: Broadcast Center

Agenda (10)
1 15 Minutes
3 AstroScript Pilot Program
1 Breaking News
2 Global Food Initiative
3 Project Beale

Asset (7)
3 Jackson Howard
3 PAD Campaign
1 Team Sponsorship

Upgrade (5)
2 Cyberdex Virus Suite
3 SanSan City Grid

Operation (12)
2 Biotic Labor
2 Fast Track
3 Hedge Fund
2 Shipment from SanSan
3 Sweeps Week

Barrier (5)
2 Wall of Static
3 Wraparound

Code Gate (8)
3 Pop-up Window
3 Quandary
2 Tollbooth

Sentry (2)
2 Turnpike
mendax

Postby mendax » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:24 pm

I agree that the taggy style is best left to Sync. Even so, I think 2x GFI > 3x NAPD post MWL.
Lieutenant Corv

Postby Lieutenant Corv » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:37 pm

I guess my attempt keeps a little more of the old ice, whilst dropping some of the toys......

Agenda (11)
3 AstroScript Pilot Program +++
2 Breaking News
3 NAPD Contract +++
3 Project Beale

Asset (11)
2 Daily Business Show
3 Jackson Howard
3 Launch Campaign
2 PAD Campaign
1 Team Sponsorship •

ICE (13)
1 Archangel
1 Architect •• +
1 Eli 1.0 • +
2 Enigma
1 Ichi 1.0 ••
3 Pop-up Window
1 Tollbooth
3 Wraparound

Operation (10)
2 Fast Track
3 Hedge Fund
2 Shipment from SanSan
3 Sweeps Week

Upgrade (4)
2 Cyberdex Virus Suite
2 SanSan City Grid ++

for a total of effectively 16/17 inf. testing on jinteki this deck seems to do ok, and the cards which i put only one copy of, seems to be enough.
cwoac

Postby cwoac » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:42 am

Did you hand add the pluses, or has one of the deck sites been updated already?

I've mostly gone with the 'abandon the ice' side of the equation school of thought, although I avoided team sponsorship (keeping it old school, or something). I suppose you could turn one of the biotics and the ichi into two architects. Actually considering a second little engine, just for the amount of faust I expect will occur.

Agenda (10)
3x (Core Set) +++
1x (Core Set)
2x (Data and Destiny) ••
3x (Future Proof)
1x (Data and Destiny)

Asset (8)
2x (All That Remains)
3x (Opening Moves)
3x (Core Set)

Upgrade (4)
2x (Order and Chaos)
2x (Core Set) ++

Operation (13)
2x (Core Set) ••••• •••
2x (Honor and Profit)
3x (Core Set)
3x (Second Thoughts)
3x (True Colors)

Barrier (5)
2x (Core Set)
3x (Fear and Loathing)

Code Gate (8)
3x (Core Set)
1x (Chrome City)
3x (Cyber Exodus)
1x (Core Set)

Sentry (1)
1x (Core Set) ••
Nekader

Postby Nekader » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:11 am

Return to “Deck Building Discussion”