Twilight Jesminder

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Andy G
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Twilight Jesminder

Postby Andy G » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:02 pm

The new Shaper Id looks a lot of fun, avoiding the first tag on a run sounds pretty powerful, especially with her shiny new console.
However the first card I thought of was Vamp which led to Opus and this collection of cardboard.

What do you guys think? or have I just made a bad Kate deck? ;)

Tag me if you can...........

Jesminder Sareen: Girl Behind the Curtain (Kala Ghoda)

Event (15)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
3x Vamp (Trace Amount) ••••• •
3x Quality Time (Humanity's Shadow)
2x Scavenge (Creation and Control)
1x Employee Strike (Data and Destiny) •

Hardware (11)
2x Maya (Kala Ghoda)
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
3x R&D Interface (Future Proof)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) +++
2x Net-Ready Eyes (Chrome City)

Resource (5)
3x Personal Workshop (Cyber Exodus)
2x Film Critic (Old Hollywood)

Icebreaker (7)
1x Mimic (Core Set) •
1x Atman (Creation and Control)
2x Cyber-Cypher (Creation and Control)
1x Sharpshooter (True Colors)
2x Cerberus "Lady" H1 (All That Remains) ++

Program (7)
3x Magnum Opus (Core Set)
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)
1x Clot (The Valley) ••

10 influence spent (maximum 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

Andy
mendax

Re: Twilight Jesminder

Postby mendax » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:04 pm

Her problem is that she's absolute garbage against corps who weren't interested in tagging you during runs anyway.
Asurya

Postby Asurya » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:30 pm

Writing her off already before the data pack is even out...

It's not that she's garbage, she's situational. By that definition Kit is 'garbage' once there is a Code Gate at the outermost point of each server.

I think that this deck could work, if you the runner, invest in plenty of cards that let you take a tag yourself e.g. Vamp, Account Siphon.
mendax

Postby mendax » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:36 pm

There's literally 4 cards for runners that work with her: Account Siphon, Code Siphon, Security Nexus and Vamp. Of these, 3 are out of faction and the other is terrible.
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:57 pm

It would certainly make my Haarps deck cry!

I do feel that she's a touch underpowered, it's a shame that cards like Joshua B don't work with her but being able to skip past data raven and gutenburg seems pretty nice.

Its early days, the deck looks fun, be interesting to see what directions people can take her, her console is nicely disruptive, seems like a strong card for sure.
Xenasis

Postby Xenasis » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:44 am

Brendan

Postby Brendan » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:01 am

Account Siphon is a good card in decks with SMC.

And thank you for flying the Code Siphon banner, Xenasis! I think it's a card with strong potential too. I played it in a Siphon Nasir deck and it felt nice in that deck. I think it will be very happy in Jes.
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:12 am

Oh, no downside to running John M. That's gotta be worth something.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:18 am

Alas it is only during a run I believe. So he still lands a tag on you.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:22 am

Runs don't end until they have been deemed successful or unsuccessful.

Edit: Arggh, it's just successful. Unsuccessful happens after the run ends.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:30 am

Ha! I got mixed up with Joshua B anyway so though I was technically correct I was right for all the wrong reasons.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:11 am

Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:34 am

Well that's going on my signature. It probably sums up my deckbuilding and play reasonably well too.
The Praetor of Jank

Return to “Deck Building Discussion”