Someone help me out with Apex

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
chewie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Someone help me out with Apex

Postby chewie » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:09 pm

Been trying to make a vaguely decent deck with this guy for the last few weeks and have got close on a couple of occasions but I'm really struggling and kinda coming to the conclusion he's fun but has too many holes in his deck building requirements.
Here's what I got so far:

Apex run safely

Apex: Invasive Predator

Event (17)
3x Apocalypse
3x Dirty Laundry
3x Infiltration
1x Kraken
1x Levy AR Lab Access •••
3x Prey
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (10)
3x Brain Cage
2x e3 Feedback Implants ••••
3x Heartbeat
2x R&D Interface ••••

Resource (10)
2x Always Be Running ••••• •
3x Hunting Grounds
2x Safety First ••••• •
3x Wasteland

Icebreaker (5)
3x Endless Hunger
2x Mimic ••

Program (3)
3x Harbinger

25 influence spent (max 25)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

Basically ABR really helps with getting through some of the annoying ice that can ruin your day like wormhole, turing , all the destroyer bs and with E3 allows you to get through Archer, spiderweb and enigma.
Main problem seems to be:
1. Consistency with only 2 of's in the deck it has a good match up against turtleback NEH but against FA NEH and HB it kinda sucks and needs tutoring like special order.
2. Money is also an issue and Apex really can't afford to trash anything without taking a massive crippling hit in tempo which is why i suspect he has apocalypse to slap down horizontal corp bs.
3. Draw . I'm currently trying out Safety first but not sold on it as it's 6 influence which could be diesels and QTs instead.

I did build up a "Good Things Apex" with a bit of influence spent on each of those issues but at the cost at getting buttf***ed by anything funky/non etr ice which makes me miss the abr :(
Anyways here's that list:

Good stuff Apex

Apex: Invasive Predator

Event (23)
3x Apocalypse
2x Day Job ••
2x Diesel ••••
3x Dirty Laundry
1x Levy AR Lab Access •••
3x Prey
2x Quality Time ••
2x Special Order ••••
3x Sure Gamble
2x The Maker's Eye ••••

Hardware (5)
2x e3 Feedback Implants ••••
3x Heartbeat

Resource (9)
3x Ghost Runner
3x Hunting Grounds
3x Wasteland

Icebreaker (5)
3x Endless Hunger
2x Mimic ••

Program (3)
3x Harbinger

25 influence spent (max 25)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

Any thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated!
mendax

Re: Someone help me out with Apex

Postby mendax » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:19 pm

Both Selverin (Polish National champ 2014) and Zeromus (Chris Hinkes, of Cambridge PE fame) have ok APEX lists around - I'd strongly advise comparing yours against those and seeing if they give you any ideas.
chewie

Postby chewie » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:30 pm

Cheers Rob I'll check em out is that on meteor or netrunnerdb? I think I know of Chris's list if it's the one with hyperdrivers I can't find selverin's lists.
chewie

Postby chewie » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:48 pm

Nvm found em Kiv's got copies of them both on his meteor lists
mendax

Postby mendax » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:54 pm

Yeah, I got them both from Kiv too.
Lemonbrick

Postby Lemonbrick » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:58 am

I have been trying Apex out the last few days on Jinteki .net it's a really tough runner to crack, that saying it is a really interesting challenge to build.
chewie

Postby chewie » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:34 pm

Yeah the challenge has definitely drawn me to him there's a few options for ways you can go with him. I was toying around the idea (a very janky one) of having multi install in conjunction with ice analyzer i.e cache and crescentus in tandem with ABR and EH as back up. I'm not sure using chopbot is the way to go with him your essentially chomping up your board state for a few creds each turn which i dont think apex wants to be doing (you might aswell play someone else) I do wish the cutlery events were a little cheaper influence they would rock in this id along with EH and ABR.

Return to “Deck Building Discussion”