Let's Attend Some Store Championships

Moderator: Johno

Johno

Let's Attend Some Store Championships

Postby Johno » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:40 pm

Hello team

Brace yourselves, store championships are coming. Who from Reading (or further afield) will represent and at which tourneys?

Let's start with January for now:
I'm tempted to attend Exeter on Sat 9th.
I'm not particularly tempted to attend Dark Sphere on Sun 10th (because it's very highly subscribed) but I'm sure some will.
Brighton on Sun 24th?
Cardiff on Sat 30th?
I'll almost certainly attend Aldershot on Sun 31st.
Panda with issues...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Let's Attend Some Store Championships

Postby Panda with issues... » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:58 pm

Locked in for:

Dark Sphere: 10th Jan
Brighton: 24th Jan
Aldershot: 31st Jan

Reading: 6th Feb
Thinking about Worthing on 14th Feb (probable)
Portsmouth 21st Feb

Woking: 6th March

Others will depend on whether I have the saturday off or not.
Joey

Postby Joey » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:27 am

Mainly looking at Reading, Aldershot, Oxford, Woking, Bracknell.. hope to attend at least 3 of those.. with wanting to get to some winter gnk's and Edinburgh and moving house 29th Jan, that seems more than enough
Rotage
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Rotage » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:34 am

My list so far is

Confirmed:
10/01 - Darksphere
24/01 - Brighton
31/01 - Aldershot
06/02 - Reading
06/03 - Woking

Probably:
14/02 - Worthing
20/02 - Manchester/Northampton
27/02 - Bromley
12/03 - Bracknelll

Maybe:
05/03 - Leisure Games (might go to Reading GNK instead)
19/03 - Hockley
Aldershot - Where the streets are paved with scorch

Swiftie - You will got to the special hell for taking Dyper to a 4 person event
Rotage

Postby Rotage » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:35 am

Brendan

Postby Brendan » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:26 am

I am assured there will be one.
Rotage

Postby Rotage » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:58 am

Brendan

Postby Brendan » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:10 pm

So I've registered for Aldershot. Any chance I can hitch a lift with anyone from Reading?

(If people are venturing further afield for other tournaments and would like to split petrol costs, I'd be eager for that too!)
Nekader

Postby Nekader » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:33 pm

I completely forgot how off-the-grid Aldershot is. Should some form of group transport begin to materialise, I would appreciate a space also. More than happy to contribute funds, etc.

edit: Also, to answer the post I'm in for Oxford, Reading and Northampton at the moment. Got a ticket for Aldershot but it hinges on transport.
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:56 pm

Signed up for Northampton as well! Eclectic's website is down right now...
Rotage

Postby Rotage » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:16 pm

I'll be driving anyway, so if it helps I could swing by North Camp train station (direct service to Reading) to pick people up

Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:15 pm

Swiftie

Postby Swiftie » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:09 pm

If you don't like my ID, just shake it off.
Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:45 pm

Right, so here's my current list:

January:

10th: Dark Sphere - Going by train, anyone else going let me know and maybe we can coordinate train times. (Dead format)
24th: Brighton - I'm willing to drive, but it's a bit of a waste to just drive on my own, so hopefully we can coordinate some lift sharing etc. (Dead Format)
31st: Aldershot - I'll drive, anyone that needs a lift, get in touch, I'm willing to do a pick up from Reading station for example. 3 spots, not going to make anyone sit in the middle seat in the back of the Ratmobile. (Dead format).

February:

6th: Reading - I'll get the train in. NAPD MWL in effect. (New format)
14th: Worthing - I'd probably drive/be up for lift sharing, but am having trouble sorting out ticketing. - Someone told me yesterday the venue is tiny. (Presumably New Format)
20th: Northampton - Travel plans undecided, if you can help me out or have been here before and know the easiest way to get there, let me know. I've acquired the time off work. (New format)
21st: Portsmouth - Travel plans undecided, again, guys let me know, I can drive if necessary. (New format)
27th: Bristol - I got time off for this one too. I'll probably drive down on the previous night and stay at my sister's house. She may be willing to put others up, but no guarantee. Let me know and I'll at least ask. (New format)

28th: Reading AGoT SC - I'm running this, there may be a few others interested, but I figured I'd just highlight it here.

March:

5th: Reading GNK at EG. (New format)
6th: Woking - I can drive to this one too. Same deal, 3 car spots available. Venue reasonably small but ok, I've played conquest there a few times. (New format)
12th: Bracknell - Dependent on time off work, driving, same car deal as before. (New format)

AWOL: Cheltenham and Gloucester. - Spoke to Cerberus yesterday and he thinks it will be early March. - Dependent on dates etc, but would be driving. Me and the lamented missing Gordon went to theirs last year and it was excellent. Good venue, presumably still at the Gloucester Deaf Association. (New Format)

26th: Brighton Dice Saloon - Via Laurie. Dependent on time off work. Thoroughly excellent venue, though a bit of a trek, so would like to work out lift sharing (New Format).
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:04 pm

I think I'd be interested in Aldershot depending on spaces/seats.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:32 pm

Johno

Postby Johno » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:48 pm

Currently organising travel to Exeter on Saturday for some good ol' Netrunnin'. I'm planning to drive, so can offer lifts for a small group of interested parties. Petrol contributions appreciated, but won't be expensive (certainly much cheaper than train tickets!).

I was hoping to be on the road by 8, but can agree a convenient pick-up point (e.g. Reading station).

Anyone interested?
Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:08 pm

Me plox, pickup from Reading train station or anywhere in the city center.

Also, shotgun.
#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:32 pm

TED-DIE

Postby TED-DIE » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:15 pm

Tickets for Reading SC................
"The Wünderkind"
Rotage

Postby Rotage » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:56 pm

Oxford SC on 13th Feb will be another one I plan to visit :)

GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:03 pm

"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:13 am

Pete

Postby Pete » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:49 am

#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
Johno

Postby Johno » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:58 am

Return to “Reading”