The Gauntlet

Moderator: Johno

Panda with issues...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The Gauntlet

Postby Panda with issues... » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:10 am

The Home Counties are proud to present, THE GAUNTLET.

Starting with Aldershot on the 31st January, moving to Reading the following week on the 6th Feb and culminating in Oxford the 3rd week on the 13th Feb.

Who will prosper in the dead doldrums of pre MWL in Aldershot? Who will dominate the new greener pastures in Reading? Who will challenge Brenlactus in his own domain? WHO WILL CARRY THE BELL?!

All the personalities of ReadOxShot, week after week. Featuring:

Brenlactus
His Herald
Cortex Face
Scorchmaster
The Voice of NeoReadingGrid
The Praetor of Jank
Someone with terrible taste in music
The Mercenary

All this and more, coming to a store championship near you, later this month.
Rotage
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The Gauntlet

Postby Rotage » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:04 pm

Not sure who all the nicknames refer to. Mercenary? not sure who that it is. None of us I hope, I mean who would betray their own Meta for a Netrunner tournament...
Aldershot - Where the streets are paved with scorch

Swiftie - You will got to the special hell for taking Dyper to a 4 person event
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:13 pm

I love this thread.

Once I am back from Edin. I plan to work on my decks for tournament season.

My runner deck has no precursor on NRDB.

My corp deck "idea" appears to have some repeats, but isn't a key archetype at the moment to say the least so I'll stick with it unless I have a "better" idea.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
HisHerald

His Herald No More!

Postby HisHerald » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:08 am

The gossamer bands of cosmic power that tied my fate to that of Brenlactus lie broken!

If you believed in yourselves even one iota as much as I believe in you... why, Brenlactus would be reckoned no more than a mere foothill on your ascent to the stars!

Currently I am locked in battle most furious with The High Evolutionary's creation in the Black Galaxy! As such, I will be unable to make it to Earth in time for the Aldershot Store Championship. Rest easy in thy fitful slumber though, for I will be in attendance at the Reading and Oxford SCs.
"Even in failure there can be Nobility! But failing to try brings only shame!"
Pete

Postby Pete » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:15 am

#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
Swiftie

Postby Swiftie » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:31 am

Bring it on!

After we are done though I hope there is no bad blood between us...

If you don't like my ID, just shake it off.
Pete

Postby Pete » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:27 am

XIOMBARG!

The Gauntlet begins... today!

Good luck to everyone contesting The Bell. Oh, and good luck in the whole NetRunner tourney thing too. :D

Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:53 pm

The first point of the triangle is complete.

The Travelling Man was slain by our very own Cortex Face, ringing out the old meta, and ringing in the New, recovering the Bell for Reading.

Strong showing from Redoxshot, with Cortex Face, The Merc, T-Swift lover and myself making the cut. Brenlactus and The Scorchmaster finished within SoS distance of the cut.
Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:46 am

Johno

Postby Johno » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:04 am

Rotage

Postby Rotage » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:06 am

MartinP

Postby MartinP » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:55 am

Rotage

Postby Rotage » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:30 am

Pete

Postby Pete » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:53 pm

jeezlouise. Guys. Trigger warning in future please.

First he Keyholed me 12 times. Then he Medium'd me for a deep dig of 12 cards. Then he Legworked me "just to be sure." Then he ran Archives. Finally, he smiled.

I WILL NEVER FORGET THAT SMILE.

Dave's deck might be the only deck in existence that should ship with a trigger warning. Nobody should have to endure that amount of squeaky bum time in what is supposed to be a fun environment.
Rotage

Postby Rotage » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:04 pm

Pete

The End

Postby Pete » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:15 am

The Gauntlet nears its end.

-- Brenlactus's fans stand proud as they work on their cosmic master's worldship

It's all to play for this weekend at the Oxford Store Champs! The NeoReadingGridders started out strongly with their champion Joey triumphing in Aldershot to win both that SC and The Bell. But lo! Brenlactus then slummed it at the Reading SC and returned The Bell to its rightful home.

Now, the action moves to Oxford, noblest of the three cities, blessed with the hottest men south of the Arctic Circle, home to eons of culture and knowledge, where even the humblest of kebab vans puts Zorba's to shame. (The way the NeoReadingGridders bang on about Zorba's you'd think it was blessed with a Michelin star.)

Will Brenlactus triumph... or will a cosmic force who was old when the stars were young be brought low in his own wheelhouse?

Will Guy repeat, or even better, his wonderful run from the Reading SC ... or will he crumble under the unfamiliar pressure of "Oxford Expects"?

Will the NeoReadingGridders -- Joey, James, Johno -- stun the galaxy by besting Brenlactus in his fortress... or will they assume the familiar position of bowing knee to star god?

Or will one of the Aldershot Crew -- Dave, Dave, and Alex -- rain fire down from the heavens and carve their names in the moon?

There's only one way to find out. Be there!

(There being 8am at for breakfast and bantz; or 9am at The Mitre for sweeps and scorches.)
Rotage

Postby Rotage » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:29 am

I believe the event starts at 11:00 (round 1 at 11:30), so arriving at 9am maybe a tad early :)

Pete

Postby Pete » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:48 am

Doh! :shock:

Huh, the event #whoknew? Clearly not me, thanks Dave. I got my erroneous info about the 9am start from :lol:

10am for brekkie in The Art Cafe then? It'll be proper mobbed by that time though. I'm not a huge fan of eating my Full English with someone's elbow up my nose. Might have to skip the brekkie.
Swiftie

Postby Swiftie » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:43 am

Well having someone from Reading win at Aldershot, Someone from Oxford winning at Reading it only make sense for an Aldershot player to win at Oxford...
Pete

Postby Pete » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:54 am

That makes perfect sense Dave. Make it happen, I'd dig it if you did. :D

Given Rotage's recent dalliance with London, does he still count as an Alderscorcher? :P
Rotage

Postby Rotage » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:03 am

Swiftie

Postby Swiftie » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:52 am

Johno

Postby Johno » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:24 am

Pete

Postby Pete » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:27 am

Sure. Let's try the Art Cafe for 9:30. If it's rammed there are tons of alternatives, we're right in the heart of Oxford. Cya there :)
Rotage

Postby Rotage » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:56 am

Return to “Reading”