The Gauntlet

Moderator: Johno

User avatar
Panda with issues...
Posts: 760
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:36 pm
Location: Reading

The Gauntlet

Postby Panda with issues... » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:10 am

The Home Counties are proud to present, THE GAUNTLET.

Starting with Aldershot on the 31st January, moving to Reading the following week on the 6th Feb and culminating in Oxford the 3rd week on the 13th Feb.

Who will prosper in the dead doldrums of pre MWL in Aldershot? Who will dominate the new greener pastures in Reading? Who will challenge Brenlactus in his own domain? WHO WILL CARRY THE BELL?!

All the personalities of ReadOxShot, week after week. Featuring:

Brenlactus
His Herald
Cortex Face
Scorchmaster
The Voice of NeoReadingGrid
The Praetor of Jank
Someone with terrible taste in music
The Mercenary

All this and more, coming to a store championship near you, later this month.
User avatar
Rotage
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Aldershot

Re: The Gauntlet

Postby Rotage » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:04 pm

Not sure who all the nicknames refer to. Mercenary? not sure who that it is. None of us I hope, I mean who would betray their own Meta for a Netrunner tournament...
Aldershot - Where the streets are paved with scorch

Swiftie - You will got to the special hell for taking Dyper to a 4 person event
User avatar
GuyCliquil
Posts: 936
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:21 pm
Location: Oxford

Re: The Gauntlet

Postby GuyCliquil » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:13 pm

I love this thread.

Once I am back from Edin. I plan to work on my decks for tournament season.

My runner deck has no precursor on NRDB.

My corp deck "idea" appears to have some repeats, but isn't a key archetype at the moment to say the least so I'll stick with it unless I have a "better" idea.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
User avatar
HisHerald
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:34 pm
Location: Near Reading

His Herald No More!

Postby HisHerald » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:08 am

The gossamer bands of cosmic power that tied my fate to that of Brenlactus lie broken!

Image
If you believed in yourselves even one iota as much as I believe in you... why, Brenlactus would be reckoned no more than a mere foothill on your ascent to the stars!

Currently I am locked in battle most furious with The High Evolutionary's creation Nobilus in the Black Galaxy! As such, I will be unable to make it to Earth in time for the Aldershot Store Championship. Rest easy in thy fitful slumber though, for I will be in attendance at the Reading and Oxford SCs.
"Even in failure there can be Nobility! But failing to try brings only shame!"
User avatar
Pete
Posts: 923
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:55 am
Location: Oxford
Contact:

Re: The Gauntlet

Postby Pete » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:15 am

Strangely enough, I will also be skipping the Aldershot SC but will be present at the Reading and Oxford SCs. :D

Panda with issues... wrote:All the personalities of ReadOxShot, week after week.

I'd like to add Oxford's own The Wünderkind to the list of personalities. He'll be at both the Reading and Oxford SCs I believe.

Let's do this thing!
#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
User avatar
Swiftie
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:09 pm
Location: Aldershot

Re: The Gauntlet

Postby Swiftie » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:31 am

Bring it on!

After we are done though I hope there is no bad blood between us...

Image
If you don't like my ID, just shake it off.
User avatar
Pete
Posts: 923
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:55 am
Location: Oxford
Contact:

Re: The Gauntlet

Postby Pete » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:27 am

XIOMBARG!

The Gauntlet begins... today!

Good luck to everyone contesting The Bell. Oh, and good luck in the whole NetRunner tourney thing too. :D

Image
#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
User avatar
Panda with issues...
Posts: 760
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:36 pm
Location: Reading

Re: The Gauntlet

Postby Panda with issues... » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:53 pm

The first point of the triangle is complete.

The Travelling Man was slain by our very own Cortex Face, ringing out the old meta, and ringing in the New, recovering the Bell for Reading.

Strong showing from Redoxshot, with Cortex Face, The Merc, T-Swift lover and myself making the cut. Brenlactus and The Scorchmaster finished within SoS distance of the cut.
User avatar
Pete
Posts: 923
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:55 am
Location: Oxford
Contact:

Re: The Gauntlet

Postby Pete » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:46 am

Panda with issues... wrote:The Travelling Man was slain by our very own Cortex Face, ringing out the old meta, and ringing in the New, recovering the Bell for Reading.

Well done Joey! Hurrah! :D

Panda with issues... wrote:Strong showing from Redoxshot, with Cortex Face, The Merc, T-Swift lover and myself making the cut. Brenlactus and The Scorchmaster finished within SoS distance of the cut.

Well, this is awkward. I thought Etherington was The Scorchmaster. Er... who is this Scorchmaster then? :oops: :?
#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
User avatar
Johno
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 7:29 pm
Location: Reading
Contact:

Re: The Gauntlet

Postby Johno » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:04 am

Pete wrote:
Panda with issues... wrote:Strong showing from Redoxshot, with Cortex Face, The Merc, T-Swift lover and myself making the cut. Brenlactus and The Scorchmaster finished within SoS distance of the cut.

Well, this is awkward. I thought Etherington was The Scorchmaster. Er... who is this Scorchmaster then? :oops: :?

Iain Reid I guess? Not sure who else it could be. We need a glossary.
User avatar
Rotage
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Aldershot

Re: The Gauntlet

Postby Rotage » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:06 am

Johno wrote:
Pete wrote:
Panda with issues... wrote:Strong showing from Redoxshot, with Cortex Face, The Merc, T-Swift lover and myself making the cut. Brenlactus and The Scorchmaster finished within SoS distance of the cut.

Well, this is awkward. I thought Etherington was The Scorchmaster. Er... who is this Scorchmaster then? :oops: :?

Iain Reid I guess? Not sure who else it could be. We need a glossary.

Yup Iain Reid is Scorchmaster.

My highlight was someone admitting to me they were terrified of my runner deck during my game. Looking forward to unleashing more terror this Saturday :)
Aldershot - Where the streets are paved with scorch

Swiftie - You will got to the special hell for taking Dyper to a 4 person event
User avatar
MartinP
Posts: 628
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:47 pm
Location: Gloucester / Cheltenham

Re: The Gauntlet

Postby MartinP » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:55 am

Rotage wrote:
Johno wrote:
Pete wrote:Well, this is awkward. I thought Etherington was The Scorchmaster. Er... who is this Scorchmaster then? :oops: :?

Iain Reid I guess? Not sure who else it could be. We need a glossary.

Yup Iain Reid is Scorchmaster.

My highlight was someone admitting to me they were terrified of my runner deck during my game. Looking forward to unleashing more terror this Saturday :)


What are you running if it's causing terror? :shock: Normally it's corps that put people on edge!
User avatar
Rotage
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Aldershot

Re: The Gauntlet

Postby Rotage » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:30 am

MartinP wrote:What are you running if it's causing terror? :shock: Normally it's corps that put people on edge!

16 click turn with medium, keyhole and ddos :)
Aldershot - Where the streets are paved with scorch

Swiftie - You will got to the special hell for taking Dyper to a 4 person event
User avatar
Pete
Posts: 923
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:55 am
Location: Oxford
Contact:

Re: The Gauntlet

Postby Pete » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:53 pm

Image

jeezlouise. Guys. Trigger warning in future please.

First he Keyholed me 12 times. Then he Medium'd me for a deep dig of 12 cards. Then he Legworked me "just to be sure." Then he ran Archives. Finally, he smiled.

I WILL NEVER FORGET THAT SMILE.

Dave's deck might be the only deck in existence that should ship with a trigger warning. Nobody should have to endure that amount of squeaky bum time in what is supposed to be a fun environment.
#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
User avatar
Rotage
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Aldershot

Re: The Gauntlet

Postby Rotage » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:04 pm

Pete wrote:Image

jeezlouise. Guys. Trigger warning in future please.

First he Keyholed me 12 times. Then he Medium'd me for a deep dig of 12 cards. Then he Legworked me "just to be sure." Then he ran Archives. Finally, he smiled.

I WILL NEVER FORGET THAT SMILE.

Dave's deck might be the only deck in existence that should ship with a trigger warning. Nobody should have to endure that amount of squeaky bum time in what is supposed to be a fun environment.

Yet again the perfect gif :)

You've yet to see the latest version Pete, its even more "fun"....
Aldershot - Where the streets are paved with scorch

Swiftie - You will got to the special hell for taking Dyper to a 4 person event
User avatar
Pete
Posts: 923
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:55 am
Location: Oxford
Contact:

The End

Postby Pete » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:15 am

The Gauntlet nears its end.

Image
-- Brenlactus's fans stand proud as they work on their cosmic master's worldship

It's all to play for this weekend at the Oxford Store Champs! The NeoReadingGridders started out strongly with their champion Joey triumphing in Aldershot to win both that SC and The Bell. Thus began a love story for the Internet age. But lo! Brenlactus then slummed it at the Reading SC and returned The Bell to its rightful home. Thus began a breakup story for the Internet age.

Now, the action moves to Oxford, noblest of the three cities, blessed with the hottest men south of the Arctic Circle, home to eons of culture and knowledge, where even the humblest of kebab vans puts Zorba's to shame. (The way the NeoReadingGridders bang on about Zorba's you'd think it was blessed with a Michelin star.)

Will Brenlactus triumph... or will a cosmic force who was old when the stars were young be brought low in his own wheelhouse?

Will Guy repeat, or even better, his wonderful run from the Reading SC ... or will he crumble under the unfamiliar pressure of "Oxford Expects"?

Will the NeoReadingGridders -- Joey, James, Johno -- stun the galaxy by besting Brenlactus in his fortress... or will they assume the familiar position of bowing knee to star god?

Or will one of the Aldershot Crew -- Dave, Dave, and Alex -- rain fire down from the heavens and carve their names in the moon?

There's only one way to find out. Be there!

(There being 8am at The Art Cafe for breakfast and bantz; or 9am at The Mitre for sweeps and scorches.)
#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
User avatar
Rotage
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Aldershot

Re: The Gauntlet

Postby Rotage » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:29 am

I believe the event starts at 11:00 (round 1 at 11:30), so arriving at 9am maybe a tad early :)
Aldershot - Where the streets are paved with scorch

Swiftie - You will got to the special hell for taking Dyper to a 4 person event
User avatar
Pete
Posts: 923
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:55 am
Location: Oxford
Contact:

Re: The Gauntlet

Postby Pete » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:48 am

Doh! :shock:

Huh, the event starts at 11am. #whoknew? Clearly not me, thanks Dave. I got my erroneous info about the 9am start from the official Thirsty Meeples page. :lol:

10am for brekkie in The Art Cafe then? It'll be proper mobbed by that time though. I'm not a huge fan of eating my Full English with someone's elbow up my nose. Might have to skip the brekkie.
#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
User avatar
Swiftie
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:09 pm
Location: Aldershot

Re: The Gauntlet

Postby Swiftie » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:43 am

Well having someone from Reading win at Aldershot, Someone from Oxford winning at Reading it only make sense for an Aldershot player to win at Oxford...
If you don't like my ID, just shake it off.
User avatar
Pete
Posts: 923
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:55 am
Location: Oxford
Contact:

Re: The Gauntlet

Postby Pete » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:54 am

That makes perfect sense Dave. Make it happen, I'd dig it if you did. :D

Given Rotage's recent dalliance with London, does he still count as an Alderscorcher? :P
#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
User avatar
Rotage
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Aldershot

Re: The Gauntlet

Postby Rotage » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:03 am

Pete wrote:That makes perfect sense Dave. Make it happen, I'd dig it if you did. :D

Given Rotage's recent dalliance with London, does he still count as an Alderscorcher? :P

I was a mercenary out for personal glory and betrayed my fellow Aldershoters however haven found treasure deep in the sands of Bournemouth last weekend I am now looking to redeem myself and seek glory for the team of Aldershot. I just hope they can forgive my previous treacherous ways
Aldershot - Where the streets are paved with scorch

Swiftie - You will got to the special hell for taking Dyper to a 4 person event
User avatar
Swiftie
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:09 pm
Location: Aldershot

Re: The Gauntlet

Postby Swiftie » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:52 am

Rotage wrote:
Pete wrote:That makes perfect sense Dave. Make it happen, I'd dig it if you did. :D

Given Rotage's recent dalliance with London, does he still count as an Alderscorcher? :P

I was a mercenary out for personal glory and betrayed my fellow Aldershoters however haven found treasure deep in the sands of Bournemouth last weekend I am now looking to redeem myself and seek glory for the team of Aldershot. I just hope they can forgive my previous treacherous ways


Basically he has already won a SC so does not feel the need to whore himself out.
If you don't like my ID, just shake it off.
User avatar
Johno
Posts: 686
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 7:29 pm
Location: Reading
Contact:

Re: The Gauntlet

Postby Johno » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:24 am

Pete wrote:Doh! :shock:

Huh, the event starts at 11am. #whoknew? Clearly not me, thanks Dave. I got my erroneous info about the 9am start from the official Thirsty Meeples page. :lol:

10am for brekkie in The Art Cafe then? It'll be proper mobbed by that time though. I'm not a huge fan of eating my Full English with someone's elbow up my nose. Might have to skip the brekkie.

Shall we say 9.30 for breakfast to allow for crowd? Art Cafe or elsewhere? I need my morning grub to fuel my day of relentless scorc- I mean, humanitarian projects for the betterment of mankind.
User avatar
Pete
Posts: 923
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:55 am
Location: Oxford
Contact:

Re: The Gauntlet

Postby Pete » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:27 am

Sure. Let's try the Art Cafe for 9:30. If it's rammed there are tons of alternatives, we're right in the heart of Oxford. Cya there :)
#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
User avatar
Rotage
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:48 pm
Location: Aldershot

Re: The Gauntlet

Postby Rotage » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:56 am

Swiftie wrote:
Rotage wrote:
Pete wrote:That makes perfect sense Dave. Make it happen, I'd dig it if you did. :D

Given Rotage's recent dalliance with London, does he still count as an Alderscorcher? :P

I was a mercenary out for personal glory and betrayed my fellow Aldershoters however haven found treasure deep in the sands of Bournemouth last weekend I am now looking to redeem myself and seek glory for the team of Aldershot. I just hope they can forgive my previous treacherous ways


Basically he has already won a SC so does not feel the need to whore himself out.

Pretty much, although I do want some more Laurie Points :)
Aldershot - Where the streets are paved with scorch

Swiftie - You will got to the special hell for taking Dyper to a 4 person event

Return to “Reading”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest