The Bell

Moderator: Johno

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Joey

The Bell

Postby Joey » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:09 pm

So this is a post tat should really be in all 3 of the remote severs. Just another reason why we should conform to the rest of the website and unite under 1 banner of South Central server, with sub servers for the individual towns!. Anyway onwards.

Firstly I hold the bell on behalf of Reading for the first time, yay!

So I was thinking about how anticlimactic getting the bell was yesterday, as by the end of the cut barely anyone else was there for banter. Also in a big high stakes tournement (ie one with a cut) I admit thoughts of the bell had left my mind by the latter stages of the T8.

Therefore my proposition is that the bell is awarded to the highest eligible player after the Swiss.. this ofcourse makes no difference to GNKs, only events with a cut. But also allows for more tense and banterous moments when announcing final cut placements. And finally is decided when everyone is still there and allows those making the cut to then play for the lesser (official) prizes.

What are people's thoughts????

In other news I want to publicly declare my allegiance in all bell and banter related things to the Reading meta. As some of you may know I recently moved house. And rather embarrassingly my postcode is now OX10 and I'm in south Oxfordshire (awkward) however I am still closer to Reading than Oxford proper (by about 2 miles), and still work in Reading so will be at eclectic for regular meet ups not thirsty meeples... I hope this is satisfactory for everyone, if not I intend to start a new North Stoke meta of just me, as I'll never change my allegiance to that of the evil Oxford meta!

Finally looking forward to 2 more weekends playing games with you fine people :).
Rotage
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The Bell

Postby Rotage » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:17 pm

Yes I agree with that idea (and not because I would now be the bell holder!) was a bit of anticlimax, "Oh Joey I'm out so you get the bell"

I'm also looking forward to this weekend, with big changes to my corp deck I'll be using this weekend as more of a testing ground
Aldershot - Where the streets are paved with scorch

Swiftie - You will got to the special hell for taking Dyper to a 4 person event
Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:23 pm

I have no issues with this timing of awarding the Bell. All Bell awarding should be done at a time to maximise chat and jokes between the Redoxshot players.
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:24 pm

Yup.
Joey

Postby Joey » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:24 pm

Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:26 pm

Johno

Postby Johno » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:48 pm

Yeah, BABW Reading had it, but there was a lot more representation from all factions there, not least because the final was Oxford-Reading, but also because there were more people attending that day (presumably because being in the middle, Reading is more convenient for all concerned)
Johno

Postby Johno » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:49 pm

Down with the Bell being awarded post-Swiss by the way. Will do this on Saturday.
Joey

Postby Joey » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:38 pm

Pete

Postby Pete » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:31 am

#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
Johno

Postby Johno » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:57 am

Brendan

Postby Brendan » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:34 am

That's hilarious.
Swiftie

Postby Swiftie » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:01 am

Looks good like the sound of it being bassed out after swiss.
If you don't like my ID, just shake it off.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:05 pm

MOON MONEY!

Return to “Reading”