Tournament: November 7th 2015

Moderator: Johno

Panda with issues...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Tournament: November 7th 2015

Postby Panda with issues... » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:23 am

Final standings after 5 rounds of Swiss:

1. Mike 18p SoS: 50 Kate/Personal Evolution
2. Brendan 16p SoS: 55 Andromeda/SYNC
3. Pete (Ox) 13p SoS: 57 Leela/Making News
4. Dave E 12p SoS: 56 Andromeda/Spark Agency
5. James N 12p SoS: 45 Adam/SYNC
6. Alex B 12p SoS: 41 ??????
7. Pete W 10p SoS: 47 Ed Kim/Chronos Protocol
8. Rahul 10p SoS: 29 ????????
9: Gerry 8p SoS: 65 Chaos Theory/NEH
10. Lucy 8p SoS: 57 Chaos THeory/Personal Evolution
11. Alex W 7p SoS : 43 Sunny/Spark Agency
12. Matt 4p SoS: 51 Kate???/Titan Transnational
13. Chris 4p SoS: 51 Haley Kaplan/Titan Transnational
Pete

Postby Pete » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:33 am

Rahul was playing Chaos Theory Toolbox and Titan Transnational; Matt was playing Hayley Chameleon.

Of all the decks I played against yesterday, the Hayley one was the coolest: the Chameleon would drop onto Scheherezade, the credits would roll back in with Scheherezade and Technical Writer, and then the ensured that those breakers had a good strength. It took a wee while to set-up even out of Hayley though but still, interesting to see it in full flow.

My Leela deck needs an answer to multiple tags beyond "uh, I guess I'll go tag me." My economy is pretty much resource based -- Sec Testing, Kati -- so when I got Midseasoned twice yesterday by SYNC decks I was really up against it. I as expecting a lot of asset spam in the meta yesterday so I tech'd 3x Bank Job but that's not really an answer to being Midseasoned. Playing around the Midseason is a thing, sure but yesterday left me feeling I need something.

The breaker suite of Garrote, Gordian, and Corroder also needs a looksie. Multiple Gutenbergs over R&D made me squeal in a bad way and Garrote with its 2 Memory and 7(!) cost is just ree-donkey-lous.
#yoloswagginsblazeit420MLGNoSc0pe :: it's the only way I roll.
Swiftie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Swiftie » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:34 pm

Best part of the event was playing against a really horrible Stealth Andy deck. Its just so efficient at breaking all the ice it was no even worth rezzing it at some points, barely even a tax! It makes too much money too ;) i attempted to score out of a tripple tollbooth server and she still wondered down and stole the NAPD :cry: !. Shame about Brendans corp game but sometimes it goes like that.

Other great game was agsint James playing Adam. Stole all his money and made a giant server then being massively out moneyed by SNYC.

Did not get a chance to play pete, guess some of the Aldershot lot will have to go to Oxford to try and get the bell back tehre
If you don't like my ID, just shake it off.
Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:12 pm

Glad you got a taste of your own medicine! That spark game was a real highlight. It showed spark's power with econ denial (though most of my money was on the bottom of my deck. Damn news team! 7 points and no win :)

Adam did well on the day, 3-2 with losses on 6 points and 7 points and a news team. I won games without installing breakers at all, and was just about able to keep up with fast NBN decks. Transitioning from early to late game is still hard, but nothing yesterday dissuaded me from my opinion that he's by far the best of the three runners from D+D and the only one with any game against NEH. The deck is not as good as a Prepaid Kate deck, but that archetype has been built over a long period of time. Adam is a viable choice, and I think that's something to be relatively pleased about.
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:46 pm

People were asking for my SYNC list. It's based heavily on Kiv's (ChrisM on Youtube). It lost one game to Dave, where he plucked the Astro from 4 in HQ (ignoring the installed News Team), then ran R&D (Femming the Gutenberg!) for six accesses and 5 more points. Oh well!

SYNC: Everything, Everywhere (Data and Destiny)

Agenda (10)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
1x Project Beale (Future Proof)
1x 15 Minutes (Data and Destiny)
3x Quantum Predictive Model (Data and Destiny)
2x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) ••

Asset (7)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)
1x Lily Lockwell (Data and Destiny)
3x News Team (Data and Destiny)

Upgrade (2)
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead) ••••

Operation (13)
1x Archived Memories (Core Set) ••
2x Closed Accounts (Core Set)
2x Psychographics (Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Celebrity Gift (Opening Moves) ••••• •
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)

Barrier (4)
1x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) •
3x Resistor (Data and Destiny)

Code Gate (3)
1x Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus)
2x Archangel (Data and Destiny)

Sentry (5)
3x Data Raven (Core Set)
2x Gutenberg (Breaker Bay)

15 influence spent (maximum 15)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Data and Destiny
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:57 am

This tournament, Pete discovered a new interaction!

Breaking News on a SanSan!

With this, he could trash Aesop's Pawnshop! Poor Matt...

With such power plays, Pete finished 3rd place! At first, he was shocked!

But soon after, he was overcome with joy.

GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:02 am

It can be very strange holding a playmat/deckbox/general prize when you're not used to it.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank

Return to “Reading”