[Manchester] Netrunner tournament (with prizes!): January 5th

Chester, Lancaster, Liverpool, Manchester, Stockport, Widnes

Moderators: glaivemaster, Umbraldancer, metagaia, Rave, JackieMoon

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Rave
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[Manchester] Netrunner tournament (with prizes!): January 5th

Postby Rave » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:25 pm

*UPDATED POST WITH FULL DETAILS*

We're running our first Tabletop Manchester Netrunner Night tournament on January 5th. It's at The Wharf in Manchester, it's open to anyone, and it starts at 7.50pm - here's the details:

We'll be using the rules laid out here for a "Competitive" tournament: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_ ... 0Rules.pdf

We won't require you write out deck lists (I'm sure we all trust each other), and Chris Jones will be the 2nd tournament organizer (just so that he can make decisions on any disputes that occur during my games)
We'll be doing 60 minute rounds, not 65 minute, so that we should be finished around 11:15 tops. In each 60 minute slot you will play against a randomly chosen people (for a total of 3 people over the 3 hours), and you will play both corp and runner against them. If you win either game, you get 2 points, for a total of 4 points per person you play. If you don't manage to finish both games before the 60 minutes is up, you then both get one more turn before the game is over. At that point, you get 1 point if you have more agenda points than the other person.

Please make sure to be there for 7:50, because that's the time that we'll be starting to pair people up, and if you're any later, you might miss out. If you are going to be late, just leave a comment on the event page (it's also a good idea to sign up there too if you're coming): https://www.facebook.com/events/752743168129045/

PRIZES
The tournament costs £5 to enter, and the money will be used to buy prizes. The grand prize will be a copy of Doomtown: Reloaded, and there will also be Netrunner data packs for runners up: All That Remains and Up and Over.

If anyone has any questions, let me know!
Xenasis

Re: Netrunner tournament (with prizes!): January 5th

Postby Xenasis » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:49 pm

I'm interested, but a few questions... -

How many rounds of Swiss will there be (assuming that's the format)? An 8pm start makes me very cautious.

What are the prizes likely to be? I get that it's not a GNK event but I'd like a rough idea of what's on the line!
Rave

Postby Rave » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:32 pm

It'll be three rounds, 8-9, 9-10, 10-11. Not sure what the prizes will be yet, we'll probably chat about it at next week's meetup.

Please don't think this is going to be a super professional thing - we're just a bunch of people having a bit of fun, and I'd much rather focus on making sure everyone is having a good time, than focusing on whether all the rules are adhered to and it's in line with whatever other tournaments are going on elsewhere
Xenasis

Postby Xenasis » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:09 pm

Rave

Postby Rave » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:36 am

Main post updated with full details
Rave

Postby Rave » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:30 am

Cheers to everyone who came - turnout of 9 people so not too shabby for the first one! And congrats to Andrew for wiping the floor with us

Return to “North West”