How to format your tournament report (readme!)

Chimpster
Site Admin

How to format your tournament report (readme!)

Postby Chimpster » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:40 am

Welcome to the Netrunner tournament report section, the home (hopefully) of reports from all over the UK! Please read through all these formatting guidelines before posting up your report, the more standardised the reports are structurally, the more useful they are as a resource for future runners!

Who can post here?

Anyone. It doesn't matter if it's a 1st place report, top 4 report or wooden spoon report. I also don't care how long you've been playing Netrunner or how long you've been on the forums, all contributors are welcome!

What can you post here?

Tournament reports must follow a basic pattern in order to keep this as a useful resource so please adhere to the following guidelines:

1) Topic title should read:

Date of tournament, location of tournament, type of tournament, placement in tournament/total players and then a title.
Example: Mar15 Worcester GNK 6th/20: A tale of two snares

Space is tight on the topic bar so please follow that formatting as closely as you can folks. (SC for store champs, REG for regionals, DFT for Draft, CAS for casual, NAT for nationals and GNK for game night kit)

2) First thing in the topic should be what sets were legal or format

Example: Sets Legal: Upto and including Order and Chaos

3) Next should be decklists

Please post your runner and corp lists at the top of your post (under set legality) using somewhere like http://netrunnerdb.com or http://cardgamedb.com via bbcode export. This will add links to the cards which will be important for new players.

4) Write whatever you want about the tournament BUT:

Always be respectful to any of your opponents, we all make mistakes and we all have to learn from scratch, so please be nice about any inexperienced players you may have played (I doubt this will ever become an issue but it's better to lay out the guidelines now just in case).
Also, try to be respectful to organisers and venues. These guys run tournaments, often out of sociable hours and also are human. Let's try and keep things as positive as possible.

Try to include memorable plays, commentary on what went well with your decks, what the meta looked like and what mistakes you may have made.

5) Try to make the report as visually interesting as possible

Use colours and change fonts to highlight headings and try and use the image option to include cards and the like (even better would be pictures of the event!). Don't go rainbow crazy but a wall of text isn't always easy to get through :)

If anyone has any other suggestions on this section, please let me know and I'll try and incorporate any good ones!
MouseChan

Re: How to format your tournament report (readme!)

Postby MouseChan » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:25 am

*like button*

Oh wait :) ;)

Edit: In seriousness the format seems sound, I'll try and post my double header report when I do 2 back to back events in a few weeks, also Im expecting full nationals reports from everyone here.
Social Media guru for Netrunners.co.uk

Legenadry girl hacker with awesome hair

2x Bradford SC 1x Leeds SC winner
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:06 pm

Hopefully it'll give people a way to self publish publically without waiting on me to post them up on the site!
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:24 pm

**also likes button**
I 100% back these guidelines chimpster, a lot of the bits you said about content I appreciate maybe dont need to be explicit but I still think are exactly what the scene is about and is nice to see in writing. Support and fairness for TO's and new players is a great thing to encourage.
Memstrips deserves a chance. Memstrips.

Return to “Tournament Reports”