17/10/2015 Aldershot GNK, my first event as TO

Swiftie

17/10/2015 Aldershot GNK, my first event as TO

Postby Swiftie » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:33 pm

Sets Legal: Upto and including The Universe of Tomorrow

Lets see how this goes as a first attempt at a tournament write up. This was the first event I ran out my local game shop in Aldershot and got a good turn out of 16 for a GNK. I was the last one to arrive due to bad traffic and got help setting up from Rob and Dave. I'm afraid I'm missing some of the guys full names but I can always edit this to include you in this or fix your acoo results that I’ve uploaded.

I normally pay some sort of Andromida deck either stealth or regular data sucker, for this event I wanted to try out faust with drug dealer so I had to switch ID since I can't have my Taylor swift Andy alter on drugs ;). For corp I played HB ETF, team sponsorship is such a good card and I don't know if its better in its home faction or in the king in yellow faction.

http://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/2749 ... for-a-buck - just ripped of someone elses deck card for card.

http://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/27786/team-sansan - been working this list a while but still think the ICE needs changing around a bit

James Nowecki won taking both the enforcer box and the femme fatel and perhaps most importantly the bell is back in Reading! :cry:, it was nice while I had it...

Game 1 – Won both
Matt playing HB ETF and MaxX

First game of the event so wanted to get off to a good start. I started of as corp and in the first couple of turns lost 6 points to medium and cheep gear ice that did not slow max down. I was determined to loose without scoring a single agenda and gradually started to pull the game back scoring a the future now pulling me back in by grabbing a sansan so I can fast advance any agendas that I find. Gradually I scored out having a giant sansan server and very heavily iced RND was a very close game where I would have lost from a single RND access.

I can't remember much about the runner game, I don't think I landed any swingy account siphons during the day and won with standard crim tricks. I snagged a couple of early points with a legwork and was then later able to fisk seminar into special orders install faust and run the remote that had an advanced card int. Think this was a common play during the day.

Game 2 – Runner split
Gareth – HB ETF and Reina
Second round was against Gareth a local from the Aldershot group. We joke about how the games are going to go since its similar decks we are playing on the casual game night and I take all his money. But it went slightly differently.

I was running first first and Gareth had to mull into an even worse hand with agendas, I poked RND and got a couple of pts there before checking remotes where he was trying to sneek an agenda out and the final points were in his hand. After the game he shows that he had 2 more agendas in his hand. Bad luck mate.

When Gareth ran against me he was able to get a sort of key hole 'lock' in that he was trashing all of my money and cheap ice. With no money the Reina tax hurt even more and I don't think I rezzed that many ice. In the end he took all my money and agendas (in that order), think he even got my jacksons too :(. Since both games were finished in 10-15 min we had a long time for lunch.

Game 3 – Corp split
Brendan – Gagarin and Geist
I corped first and was able to get a 3rd/4th turn ABT scored with a rezzed team sponsorship and jackson in hand, netting a tollbooth and ichi 1.0. Going over RND and HQ put Brendan on the back foot quite a lot, taxing one of his breaking and entering breakers by having stacked codegates on remote (turing is great). I scored out from a sansn/when I had windows.

Normally I play as Andy and the lack of link cost me in this game. I was able to snag a few agendas and was close to match point quickly, then made a long run on a server only to be thrown out by ASH guarding a oaktown renovation. Not having the link ment I could not pay the gagarin tax. I was also kept out of his remotes by spider webs and only having breech to deal with them making my bank jobs sad since there was no way I was using faust to get in.

Game 4 – runner split
Iain - NEH and Kate

Iain is also known for murdering runners with blue sun. But having played against him a few times on Thursday I was fairly sure he was on the fast advance plan, but still had to be careful. When RND became to expensive to run continually I played seminar and hit HQ hard I think getting an agenda, I won the game through single random access though while Iain came close to fast advancing out.

Kate is always hard to play against, Ian was able to get a semi lock on RND with an interface out and then makers eyeing every couple of turns and locked down my remotes and bursted up with econ. Managed to score out a couple of times returning a CVS back with team sponsorship but was able to keep it in play since it was not that taxing for Iain to come back and trash it.

Game 5
Jerry – Corp split

I can't remember much of the runner game, I got baited into a run on an expensive remote and he was then able to fast advance the agenda that he had grabbed from the future now

In the corp game it was quite even but then Jerry made run last click and did not boost his mimic with netready eyes so lost his rig to a surprise ichi. After that I was able to score out quickly in the window.

So over all not a bad first event for me to run, missed out on prices but Brendan donated the enforce box to last place.

Next event in Aldershot is going to be on the 21st of November and because data and destiny will be released by then we are doing a different format. Its 1 core set and 1 deluxe expansion only, play carefully with no jacksons or plascrete.

Currently I think there is great local meta between Aldershot Reading and Oxford. But we will be taking the Bell back to Aldershot in the next Reading event, after all the other good players are going to be going to worlds right ;) ?
Last edited by Swiftie on Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't like my ID, just shake it off.
Panda with issues...

Re: 17/10/2015 Aldershot GNK, my first event as TO

Postby Panda with issues... » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:47 pm

I'd like to point out that I took the Femme and a deckbox. I didn't feel taking the mat was fair since I already had it. Also, it meant Saiya can stop using that ugly-ass one from the Pop up window kit!

I fear the competition will we much the same in November, Don't think Joey or Brendan/Stu are going to Worlds?
Swiftie

Postby Swiftie » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:58 am

Panda with issues... wrote:I'd like to point out that I took the Femme and a deckbox. I didn't feel taking the mat was fair since I already had it. Also, it meant Saiya can stop using that ugly-ass one from the Pop up window kit!

I fear the competition will we much the same in November, Don't think Joey or Brendan/Stu are going to Worlds?

James is of course correct, I guess i was more hung up on loosing the bell :roll:.

Saiya's playmates were won when he sold his soul and played RP (when it was good) and fast advance after swearing never to use those decks and to brew his own!
Rotage

Postby Rotage » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:57 am

I quite like the silhouette mat :)

Yes I did sell my soul to win a mat, and it was worth it :twisted:
Aldershot - Where the streets are paved with scorch

Swiftie - You will got to the special hell for taking Dyper to a 4 person event
Swiftie

Postby Swiftie » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:37 am

Information has been put up on acoo.

http://www.acoo.net/anr-tournament/778/ ... -2015-gnk/
Rotage

Postby Rotage » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:44 pm

Swiftie wrote:Information has been put up on acoo.

http://www.acoo.net/anr-tournament/778/ ... -2015-gnk/

Excellent more points to move myself up the UK rankings and to increase my already overrated ranking :)
Aldershot - Where the streets are paved with scorch

Swiftie - You will got to the special hell for taking Dyper to a 4 person event

Return to “Tournament Reports”