OCTGN Lulz

Moderator: king_mob

MasterAir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: OCTGN Lulz

Postby MasterAir » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:11 pm

I think it's way harder in real life. Unless you have the kill in hand. It's hard to bluff for 3-4 turns.
Oh that, don't worry about that, it's my negotiating tank.
evilgaz
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby evilgaz » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:10 pm

It's weird. If you advance something twice its often run. Any more and people seem to get twitchy.

In the Uroborus Cup I had a six-advanved Agg Sec sat there in the open (didn't get to fire it due to Vamp in the end) - big advances on cards scare people!
Brendan

Postby Brendan » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:38 pm

Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:47 pm

Another OCTGN horrorshow. I scored out using open remotes as he wouldn't run despite having nearly a full breaker suite. The traffic jam he played prior to me scoring the winning 3pt agenda with hades shard and chronos project scored was the most bizarre thing...

If he'd asked me for help/advice I'd have been more than happy....
MOON MONEY!
mendax

Postby mendax » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:15 pm

Playing against a crim with PE, philotic has been installed a few turns but he obviously thinks it's an upgrade, Celeb gift a hand of Fetal, Clone Retirement, TFP, TFP, TFP. He legworks, and accesess Clone, Fetal, TFP (wins the psi game), taking him from 0 -> 6 Points, losing his whole hand, and setting up a philotic for 4 that I gladly use to kill him. He was very regretful after the game that he didn't see that the Gift was so clearly a trap.
pruneface

Postby pruneface » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:58 pm

The onesie was a legitimate tactical decision.
mendax

Postby mendax » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:17 pm

1) Sees eater keyhole
2) Puts Caprice on R&D
3) Wins.

Seriously, there is a lot of crap on here. Though possibly my favourite was using batty to trigger grim to destroy hivemind the turn combo MaxX was trying to go off.
ApeAsylum

Postby ApeAsylum » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:40 am

playing next design -

turn 1 he installs 2 cards into remote with double ice and hedge funds
I leave it in there and concentrate on making money seeing a sure gamble a cache and asops (its a funny old build)
He rezzes the ITD and in the remote and clicks it 3 times

I install Zu and run on the ITD - He rezzes eli and Enigma, i double click through Eli he rezz's caprice!
i break the enigma with Zu and we psi game
I win the psi game and trash both caprice and ITD

he quits the game LOL

these people need to be shot. I think the ITD is just the worst card ever. Im sad to see it rearing its ugly head once again.
pruneface

Postby pruneface » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:05 am

Playing HB w/ Batty vs Geist.

About to score out for the win, he siphons me. Batty Wormhole, win the psi, fire grim twice to take out his code gate and sentry central breakers so they gets etr'd by Mother Goddess. Then they quit.

Batty rage quits: 1
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:54 pm

I wonder how correlated runner quits and Batty rezzes are.

#slotthesacrificialconstruct
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:05 pm

Near rage quit moment for me this lunchtime.

Playing against my nemesis Leela Patel as HB. First turn after mull. Have one agenda in hand and am playing criminal so don't really want to leave HQ open. Install Tollbooth on HQ, Install Eve, Hedgefund.

Leelas first turn. Drive By murdering my sexy robotic advertisers. Run R&D - steal the NAPD. Bounce the booth, Siphon. I haven't had a turn 1 any more and Leela is rich. :-(

Drive By is pretty good. I think you just have to take your lumps as corp, I don't see myself prerezzing many assets/upgrades to play around it. Also, Gang Sign seems pretty reasonable. I have no idea how you're supposed to fit these cards in decks, but The Underway gets better and better in my estimations.
Panda with issues...

Postby Panda with issues... » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:22 pm

mendax

Postby mendax » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:50 pm

The matchup is my Eater deck vs IG.

He throws 3x TFP, 2x NAPD in archives.

I steal a Fetal, and trash all 3 jacksons from R&D.

30 minutes later, he realises that he can't win.

The best part - because eater turns all the cards face up, I could see all the agendas in there. With crypsis in hand. And enough money to win. But I wanted to see how long it would take for him to realised he'd screwed himself over royally.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:24 pm

A Jinteki.net lolz:

colormage1 scores Chronos Project and gains 1 agenda point.
Cliquil uses Gang Sign to access 1 card from HQ.
Cliquil accesses Ice Wall.
Cliquil uses Gang Sign to access 1 card from HQ.
Cliquil accesses Project Atlas.
Cliquil steals Project Atlas and gains 2 agenda points.
Cliquil wins the game.

Cliquil spends 2 minutes considering the board state, looking at what cards he has lost to the second Chronos Project, then trying to start his turn wondering what is wrong with the interface.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
evilgaz

Postby evilgaz » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:36 am

Evilgaz spends five minutes trying to tell a guy why he can't add already installed programs to a Djinn he just installed, including links to ruling etc. before realising life is too short and doing a ragequit "I'm not arguing with you dude, I'm telling you what the rules are, if you don't want to accept that, that is your problem, laterz!"

Felt a bit bad, but then had a jaffa cake and felt better about myself. Ate the whole packet and hated myself again. Had a beer.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:05 pm

You know its been a good janky game when your final turn is "Credit"/Frame Job Away the Shi Kyu/Blackmail run, steal Fetal AI with 2 Bad Pub, have 0 credits in the bank, Net damage takes you to 0 cards. Win.
"Guy, you are often right for all the wrong reasons. And if you are wrong, it is always for right reasons." - Brendan .
The Praetor of Jank
mendax

Postby mendax » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:03 pm

I just managed to flatline someone with an Edge of World.
pruneface

Postby pruneface » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:24 am

GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:22 pm

The Praetor of Jank
mendax

Postby mendax » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:13 pm

1) Get to 4 AP
2) Wait for combo MaxX to go off
3) Rez 3 Franchise Cities
4) Note opponent's ragequit.

I mean, I could have just scored out, but this way seemed far more fun. Also, Idk why but Combo MaxX is more common than I expected it to be.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:27 pm

That's very cruel!

I just logged onto Jinteki despite promising myself I'd be productive when I got home.

First run of the game is a legwork against GRNDL - GRINDL FOR GOODNESS SAKE - 2 Snares. That's like nearly half of his influence right there!

That's the gods telling me to be more productive.
The Praetor of Jank
ApeAsylum

Postby ApeAsylum » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:30 pm

GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:34 pm

Were you playing siphon spam? :P
The Praetor of Jank
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:49 pm

Memstrips deserves a chance. Memstrips.
GuyCliquil

Postby GuyCliquil » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:53 am

My curiosity just made me stalk a player.

Played an entire game against Cerebral Imaging. Thought it might be combo or Scorchy nonsense so just sat back, moneyed up for ever, clotted and just did sod all. It was a massive money fight until they decked themselves.

Game ends and I was like "I have to know... scorch combo?" and they disconnect.

So I had to find out. I followed them to another game and spectatored until an Edward Kim Siphoned them and they ditched a scorch.

Weird thing was Edward Kim was tagged at the time but... meh I DUNNO.
The Praetor of Jank

Return to “Online Play”