OCTGN Lulz

Moderator: king_mob

Sixtyten
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

OCTGN Lulz

Postby Sixtyten » Tue May 27, 2014 1:36 pm

Anyone on here play much on OCTGN? Might be nice to have a list of usernames (if different from the forum ones) so that friendly UK netrunning types might find each other.

Had a hilarous game last night against someone calling themself "pawtucket patriot". He (I'm pretty sure it was a he) was playing Cerebral Imaging. I was Andy. Having not played vs CI before I thought it would be interesting. He drops a couple of green level clearances and a blue level clearance leaving him with 10 creds and 8 cards. He hasn't put any ice up.

I account syphon him click one and he ragequits. What a tool.
Flipswitch
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: OCTGN Lulz

Postby Flipswitch » Tue May 27, 2014 1:51 pm

I do! Same username as here. I'm still getting used to the interface and the game isn't quite the replacement for the club atmosphere, but it's the best way I can get regular practice as we only play at FS every other week. :(
Mezzamine

Postby Mezzamine » Tue May 27, 2014 2:21 pm

I'm usually happy with Wednesday meetups and the occasional tourney, but I do have an account (same username) that I sometimes use. Probably won't be on for a while until exams finish and I've moved but once the holidays roll round I'm planning on getting on there more regularly. I have a bad habit of constantly making new decks then never actually using them :/

Rob's also on there (also as Mendax), way more often than I am. If you're on OCTGN any time in the afternoon there's a good chance you'll see him.
pruneface

Postby pruneface » Tue May 27, 2014 4:33 pm

I'm Malefact on OCTGN. Feel free to add me if you want to play someone who has - what I imagine - is a modicum of human decency.

Some people on there are *such* tools - somebody told me "l2p noob" after facechecking my Komainu on archives and losing all their cards. When I told them "look, just 'cause it's the internet, there's no need to be an arse", they told me "but thats why i come on here, 2 be abusive". Plus points for honesty I guess?

Later they hit a Fetal AI and died.
mendax

Postby mendax » Tue May 27, 2014 10:06 pm

Warning: If you play against me online, I will play the most annoying, obnoxious decks I can think of. I'm currently rocking a 16 agenda Jinteki (PE) and an NBN based around PSF locking, for example.
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Wed May 28, 2014 5:56 am

Brendan

Postby Brendan » Wed May 28, 2014 4:04 pm

I signed up and played a few games. I'm under the name Dragar. Feel free to add me if you want to play some games too.
pruneface

Postby pruneface » Wed May 28, 2014 8:46 pm

Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Wed May 28, 2014 10:01 pm

Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Thu May 29, 2014 4:50 am

Pete

Postby Pete » Thu May 29, 2014 6:19 am

Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Thu May 29, 2014 5:18 pm

My username is Sixtyten btw on OCTGN
James 1.0

Postby James 1.0 » Sat May 31, 2014 12:51 am

I'm dr_foobar. I'm not on often, but when I am I'm happy to play games against real people. I tend to play awkward, janky experimental decks on there though.
Flipswitch

Postby Flipswitch » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:58 am

Just had someone quit on me. I was playing my Kitbrush deck and he was playing Weyland. He installed Ice on a remote, installed one on R&D and installed a card behind the remote.

I decided to just say fuck it because its 2AM and Sure Gamble->SMC->Yog on turn one through his Ice Wall and stole his Cleaners.

He disconnected. :lol:
Becky

Postby Becky » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:04 pm

Hi everyone, I just signed up to OCTGN and have no idea what I'm doing! Does anyone know of a good tutorial or is anyone free this evening to play a few very slow games with me? Thankyou :D
Flipswitch

Postby Flipswitch » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:43 pm

Here's a shortcut reference I use, hope it helps:

http://i.imgur.com/UZgYGMC.png
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:18 pm

MOON MONEY!
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:21 pm

Amazing 90 minute game last night against someone's kate deck. I had to max out my bluffing stats to sneak out a cleaners for the win when we were both on 9 points. The ice on my scoring server (outermost first) Hadrian's wall, grim, chimera, archer (which had been femmed), data raven. He had 7 bad pub credits to use each turn...
MOON MONEY!
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:39 pm

A dude just queen's gambited one of my atlases. Twice. Then kept a tag from a data raven. Needless to say a double scorched was on the cards... :mrgreen:
MOON MONEY!
Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:49 am

Deserves everything he got... :)
Flipswitch

Postby Flipswitch » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:25 am

Cerberus

Postby Cerberus » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:46 am

This is the problem with the internet, some people are dicks! Strange really considering how nice the Netrunner community is in person.
Flipswitch

Postby Flipswitch » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:10 pm

Pretty much, the internet has the advantage of being anonymous, so there isn't really any repercussion for being an arse.
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:16 pm

I've certainly played more troll decks on OCTGN than in real life (Apart from some of Mendax's). I don't know whether the anonymity of the internet makes them feel that they can get away with being annoying, or if it's just a legitimate way of winning which I don't normally work around. I don't want to play netshield in all my runner decks, but I also don't want to keep playing idiots with their 1 pt agenda/Personal evolution/no ice/cerebal cast/philotic/scorched earth deck...
MOON MONEY!
Vapo

Postby Vapo » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:48 pm

Is it maybe worth asking dave to set up an octgn forum so we could arrange games and have a thread for everyone's usernames for the times you want to play people who will act like human beings? Would also be useful to request specific matchups, in the runup to regionals I didn't manage to find a single Andy player on octgn during several evenings of trying. Plus it's just more fun playing people you've spoken to before!

Return to “Online Play”