OCTGN Lulz

Moderator: king_mob

zithith

Re: OCTGN Lulz

Postby zithith » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:34 am

Same username as on here.

Anyone consider a Netrunners.co.uk League? (If there was one in the discussion before I do apologise, I skipped most pages - though want to read them later for some good laughs!).

Also, that Dom. Sleepers ragequit is the best!
This gives me a jank deck idea. (I'm already cooking up a DS/The Board deck to give the runner -3 points, throwing in a Mark Yale to use a scored sleepers for a REALLY ineffective MMC sounds like an excellent idea!)
MasterAir

Postby MasterAir » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:35 am

WORST. MELANGE. EVER.
Oh that, don't worry about that, it's my negotiating tank.
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:44 am

zithith wrote:Anyone consider a Netrunners.co.uk League?

+1 that sounds like a boss idea
Memstrips deserves a chance. Memstrips.
Vapo

Postby Vapo » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:52 pm

I just had someone quit on me before the game had even started because I was using Valencia. First he asked to reset so he could use a different corp deck, then he said it would be a frustrating and demotivating game for him and left. He didn't actually ask if I'd play something else, I have a MaxX deck I could have switched to...
evilgaz

Postby evilgaz » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:00 am

Broke my OCTGN cherry! Turns out I can't do Psi Games if I can't see the person in front of me. Stupid machines.

By the end of the evening I was actually starting to get some of the piloting bits right and not crashing the software! Amazeballs!
zithith

Postby zithith » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:40 am

welcome to the club ;)
pruneface

Postby pruneface » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:50 am

king_mob wrote:
zithith wrote:Anyone consider a Netrunners.co.uk League?

+1 that sounds like a boss idea

That would be awesome.
The onesie was a legitimate tactical decision.
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:54 am

I recommend trying something next week running until the London regional on the 19th of April. Maybe as a test run to see how many numbers we get/how regularly people can commit. I know i can make 2-3 nights a week on octgn for instance but i wouldnt want to put that expectation on someone with kids. Unless they were a terrible parent in which case, lets play some octgn.
pruneface

Postby pruneface » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:59 am

king_mob wrote:I recommend trying something next week running until the London regional on the 19th of April. Maybe as a test run to see how many numbers we get/how regularly people can commit. I know i can make 2-3 nights a week on octgn for instance but i wouldnt want to put that expectation on someone with kids. Unless they were a terrible parent in which case, lets play some octgn.

Hah! I can probably play for a couple of hours twice a week. Let's do it. What's the best tool to organise that kind of thing? Pm me if you like, happy to help plot/organise &c.
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:08 am

Was thinking of using this? http://www.challengeboards.net/

Just setting up a ladder and some basic ground rules i think will do for now, 2-3 week run, shall we carve this off into its own thread to discuss?
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:10 am

Happy to join and use this to deck test for regionals, probably a couple of times a week.
pruneface

Postby pruneface » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:37 am

king_mob wrote:Was thinking of using this? http://www.challengeboards.net/

Just setting up a ladder and some basic ground rules i think will do for now, 2-3 week run, shall we carve this off into its own thread to discuss?

Sounds good, I think we should def. get a new thread going.
zithith

Postby zithith » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:11 pm

Let's do it!
Also NR OCTGN has capabilities for tournament tracking built in (Using tags at the start of the game name e.g. [NRUK]zith v prune), though could do with a bit more reading into it
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:24 pm

If people would like an OCTGN remote server setup for arranging meetups and keeping track of score, I can get one in place. Give me a poke :)
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:52 pm

Chimpster wrote:If people would like an OCTGN remote server setup for arranging meetups and keeping track of score, I can get one in place. Give me a poke :)

That would be cool. I was thinking maybe just a sticky somewhere with a link to the challenge board?

Also probably be good to agree on how we all want to run it, then have that as the opening post of the new thread so people just coming in can see whats going on straight away?
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:02 pm

zithith wrote:Let's do it!
Also NR OCTGN has capabilities for tournament tracking built in (Using tags at the start of the game name e.g. [NRUK]zith v prune), though could do with a bit more reading into it

Do you have a link for the documentation on this? I'm struggling to find it anyway on teh webz
zithith

Postby zithith » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:54 pm

king_mob wrote:
zithith wrote:Let's do it!

Do you have a link for the documentation on this? I'm struggling to find it anyway on teh webz

As I said, I need to read into it more. I'm fairly sure it's not OCTGN code, but part of db0s plugin that does it. I think originally it was just for stats/telemetry but there may be a way of people getting access to that info for their leagues. Might have something to do with getting in touch with db0 but let me check
Sincil Banks

Postby Sincil Banks » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:33 pm

I'm in for an OCTGN league
zithith

Postby zithith » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:58 pm

From the league thread:

After reading up it looks like the pre-fix system for game names just helps identify the games when db0 does a statistic data dump, which could be a while.
May be better to use challenge boards for the actual tracking and scores.

Though having a tag for game lobby names might help us identify and separate games.
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:45 pm

Playing noise against evilgaz's Blue Sun. I vamp first turn. End me turn with 3 cards in hand and a tag.

I take a page out of the Oxford manual of important-but-hard-to-learn life lessons and say to gaz and he starts his turn:

"ah
3 cards
3 cards is a bad number of cards to have in hand"

Gaz replies while casually playing a single scorch:

"Yes. yes it is".
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:59 pm

bwhahahaha
MOON MONEY!
evilgaz

Postby evilgaz » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:47 am

I'd liked this because turn one you were all "you're going to hate we", trashing a curtain wall with D4v1d and laying on the Account Siphon.

The Strike Team Kali kicked your doors in. I like being back in Weyland. Feels like home.
mendax

Postby mendax » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:52 am

I've been playing a bit on jinteki.net, because I'm with my parents and my laptop is on Linux, and I've been having fun flatlining people all over the place. My personal favourite was scoring a utopia, and then the runner stealing an agenda but messing up their maths because they forgot it allowing the double punitive.
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:05 pm

evilgaz wrote:I'd liked this because turn one you were all "you're going to hate we", trashing a curtain wall with D4v1d and laying on the Account Siphon.

The Strike Team Kali kicked your doors in. I like being back in Weyland. Feels like home.

To be fair, trashing a curtain wall with a d4v1d then following it up with a siphon was fucking awesome of me.
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:39 pm

king_mob wrote:
evilgaz wrote:I'd liked this because turn one you were all "you're going to hate we", trashing a curtain wall with D4v1d and laying on the Account Siphon.

To be fair, trashing a curtain wall with a d4v1d then following it up with a siphon was fucking awesome of me.

Dont get any ideas. That sort of play is not appreciated in Gloucester... ;)

Going to be logged into octgn tomorrow afternoon/evening with a game open waiting for challengers to give me a slapping.

Return to “Online Play”