OCTGN Lulz

Moderator: king_mob

zithith
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: OCTGN Lulz

Postby zithith » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:34 am

Same username as on here.

Anyone consider a Netrunners.co.uk League? (If there was one in the discussion before I do apologise, I skipped most pages - though want to read them later for some good laughs!).

Also, that Dom. Sleepers ragequit is the best!
This gives me a jank deck idea. (I'm already cooking up a DS/The Board deck to give the runner -3 points, throwing in a Mark Yale to use a scored sleepers for a REALLY ineffective MMC sounds like an excellent idea!)
MasterAir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby MasterAir » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:35 am

WORST. MELANGE. EVER.
Oh that, don't worry about that, it's my negotiating tank.
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:44 am

Memstrips deserves a chance. Memstrips.
Vapo

Postby Vapo » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:52 pm

I just had someone quit on me before the game had even started because I was using Valencia. First he asked to reset so he could use a different corp deck, then he said it would be a frustrating and demotivating game for him and left. He didn't actually ask if I'd play something else, I have a MaxX deck I could have switched to...
evilgaz

Postby evilgaz » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:00 am

Broke my OCTGN cherry! Turns out I can't do Psi Games if I can't see the person in front of me. Stupid machines.

By the end of the evening I was actually starting to get some of the piloting bits right and not crashing the software! Amazeballs!
zithith

Postby zithith » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:40 am

welcome to the club ;)
pruneface

Postby pruneface » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:50 am

The onesie was a legitimate tactical decision.
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:54 am

I recommend trying something next week running until the London regional on the 19th of April. Maybe as a test run to see how many numbers we get/how regularly people can commit. I know i can make 2-3 nights a week on octgn for instance but i wouldnt want to put that expectation on someone with kids. Unless they were a terrible parent in which case, lets play some octgn.
pruneface

Postby pruneface » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:59 am

king_mob

Postby king_mob » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:08 am

Was thinking of using this? http://www.challengeboards.net/

Just setting up a ladder and some basic ground rules i think will do for now, 2-3 week run, shall we carve this off into its own thread to discuss?
MartinP

Postby MartinP » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:10 am

Happy to join and use this to deck test for regionals, probably a couple of times a week.
pruneface

Postby pruneface » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:37 am

zithith

Postby zithith » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:11 pm

Let's do it!
Also NR OCTGN has capabilities for tournament tracking built in (Using tags at the start of the game name e.g. [NRUK]zith v prune), though could do with a bit more reading into it
Chimpster
Site Admin

Postby Chimpster » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:24 pm

If people would like an OCTGN remote server setup for arranging meetups and keeping track of score, I can get one in place. Give me a poke :)
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:52 pm

king_mob

Postby king_mob » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:02 pm

zithith

Postby zithith » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:54 pm

Sincil Banks

Postby Sincil Banks » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:33 pm

I'm in for an OCTGN league
zithith

Postby zithith » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:58 pm

From the league thread:

After reading up it looks like the pre-fix system for game names just helps identify the games when db0 does a statistic data dump, which could be a while.
May be better to use challenge boards for the actual tracking and scores.

Though having a tag for game lobby names might help us identify and separate games.
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:45 pm

Playing noise against evilgaz's Blue Sun. I vamp first turn. End me turn with 3 cards in hand and a tag.

I take a page out of the Oxford manual of important-but-hard-to-learn life lessons and say to gaz and he starts his turn:

"ah
3 cards
3 cards is a bad number of cards to have in hand"

Gaz replies while casually playing a single scorch:

"Yes. yes it is".
Sixtyten

Postby Sixtyten » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:59 pm

bwhahahaha
MOON MONEY!
evilgaz

Postby evilgaz » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:47 am

I'd liked this because turn one you were all "you're going to hate we", trashing a curtain wall with D4v1d and laying on the Account Siphon.

The Strike Team Kali kicked your doors in. I like being back in Weyland. Feels like home.
mendax

Postby mendax » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:52 am

I've been playing a bit on jinteki.net, because I'm with my parents and my laptop is on Linux, and I've been having fun flatlining people all over the place. My personal favourite was scoring a utopia, and then the runner stealing an agenda but messing up their maths because they forgot it allowing the double punitive.
king_mob

Postby king_mob » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:05 pm

MartinP

Postby MartinP » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:39 pm

Return to “Online Play”